2013 v6 misfiring on 2 cylinders - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

Region: Canada
2013 v6 misfiring on 2 cylinders

I live about 1/2 mile away from an on-ramp which has about a 10 degree grade up hill. When I'm entering the on-ramp in 2nd gear and get the RPMs up to 3500 I shift to 3rd I'm at 2800 rpm and as I'm pressing the gas the car starts to hesitate until I'm at 4000 and shift to 4th.

I've only got 3300 Km on the car and had it to the dealer this morning and the Tech said the computer should misfiring, however no check engine light. He's ordering a coil pack and said if that doesn't fix it I'll have to live with it.....

Anyone else noticing a hesitation on there new v6?

No mods done to the car.
fredcrideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If that doesn't fix it, live with it? Tell him to **** himself and if that doesn't fix it they'll do their job and promptly find out what's wrong and fix it!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yeah, I'd wanna speak to his supervisor and if he is the supervisor, I'd wanna speak to his superiors. Never let the dealer push you around.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Road Trip!

I'm not bing rude! But it's people like you that allow dealers and anyone in service really to treat customers like that and also how people can't get their vehicles fixed. NEVER let any dealer or any customer service treat you like that! Always talk to the superiors right then and there about how you were treated and never take "live with it" as an acceptable answer! Now go back to the dealer ask to talk to the service manager and be firm but not rude that you want your car properly examined and repaired.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #5
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85
I'm not bing rude! But it's people like you that allow dealers and anyone in service really to treat customers like that and also how people can't get their vehicles fixed. NEVER let any dealer or any customer service treat you like that! Always talk to the superiors right then and there about how you were treated and never take "live with it" as an acceptable answer! Now go back to the dealer ask to talk to the service manager and be firm but not rude that you want your car properly examined and repaired.
+10000000000
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcrideout
I live about 1/2 mile away from an on-ramp which has about a 10 degree grade up hill. When I'm entering the on-ramp in 2nd gear and get the RPMs up to 3500 I shift to 3rd I'm at 2800 rpm and as I'm pressing the gas the car starts to hesitate until I'm at 4000 and shift to 4th.

I've only got 3300 Km on the car and had it to the dealer this morning and the Tech said the computer should misfiring, however no check engine light. He's ordering a coil pack and said if that doesn't fix it I'll have to live with it.....

No mods done to the car.
I would go to a different dealership that's not right just deal with it.
13Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #7

Re: 2013 v6 misfiring on 2 cylinders

Wrong forum man
CCS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I would've kicked his teeth in and told him to live with it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
But then he couldn't whistle.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #10

I was attempting to keep the thread short. I spoke with the Service Manager and if the coil pack doesn't fix the problem I would be taking this further up the chain.

So it isn't guys like me that allow dealers to treat owners like s$%t. 32 yrs in the Military and retiring as a Chief Warrant Officer gave me an excellent ability to clear problems.

So lets deal with the vehicle problem and keep personnel opinions suppressed!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85 View Post
I was attempting to keep the thread short. I spoke with the Service Manager and if the coil pack doesn't fix the problem I would be taking this further up the chain.

So it isn't guys like me that allow dealers to treat owners like s$%t. 32 yrs in the Military and retiring as a Chief Warrant Officer gave me an excellent ability to clear problems.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Personal opinions? We only know what you tell us on here.you should have told us that you spoke to the manager as well, and not just a tech told you a coil pack or live with it. And there is no way we can diagnose your car on a forum, maybe in the v6 section. If the coils don't work then go to a different dealer and tell them our not being helped and that you want your car diagnosed and repaired properly.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

easy folks...deep breath here....
Good Job Fred taking up the chain....BTW...thank you for your service in the military
Im sure if the service dept had said that , id have been right there with you....fortunately, knowing the owner and lead salesman of my dealer helps...that how I pushed them to warranty my flowmaster system....service didnt want me to even have a CAI....snobs

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

I swear the whole warranty coverage is more of a game of cat and mouse than a guarantee...

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Hahaha!! +1
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
I swear the whole warranty coverage is more of a game of cat and mouse than a guarantee...
Yep.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

I would bet replacing the coil packs will fix the problem.

Don't holler at the"""PARTS CHANGER"" That is what most Mechenics are these days. They don't repair anything. They just replace things until the problem is solved.

The computer will tell them about where to start and that is just the way it is now-a-days.

Being paid Flat rate they don't like to take the time to find out what caused the problem in the first place. Easier to just start changing stuff.

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No mods done to the car.
That's complete bs. You tell them they will be replace the entire car until the problem is solved. You have to live with it!?!!!! Wtf. I would have told him off. Call Ford if they give you anymore lip.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcrideout View Post

No mods done to the car.
UPDATE

The parts came in yesterday and they replaced #6 cyl coil pack and spark plug. Problem fixed.http://cdn.mustangevolution.com/foru.../party0006.gif
Old 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
If you take a new car in and in 3 times they can't fix it, under the lemon law they have to replace the car! So look into the lemon law an threaten them with it usually they try harder if they can or give in and replace it.
Dadsgl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yep, The Coil pack. He knew that that right off. He was probably just messing with you a little.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Yep, The Coil pack. He knew that that right off. He was probably just messing with you a little.
After speaking with the Service Manager; his tone changed. I took him out for the service run and he was so polite and explained how this was the first issue he worked on with the coil's being a problem....
Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm glad you got it fixed. He probably sensed how worried you were and just tried to get a little laugh out of you but it went totally wrong.

The coil packs are either very good or very bad. Not only on Fords but all cars including the Jap and English and Germin cars as well.

The thing is it is an easy fix but if out of warranty it could be costly.
Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang