$480 hids?!?!?!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
$480 hids?!?!?!?!

Ok so I got in a wreck and I already had a shop install some hids in the headlights and fog lights for $350 which I didnt mind so much since it was a legit kit with a canceller a relay a warranty and the whole kit really high quality brand plus installation well since I got in a wreck it all had to be replaced for $480!?!? From the same shop!!!!!! These are after market hids not stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: $480 hids?!?!?!?!

honestly you'd be getting the same product for around $50 if you shopped at a site like DDMtuning....same full warranties and the install is simple as pie. If you ever get into any HID issues again you should check them out
Old 07-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
honestly you'd be getting the same product for around $50 if you shopped at a site like DDMtuning....same full warranties and the install is simple as pie. If you ever get into any HID issues again you should check them out
I know but my parents are all about stuff getting professionally installed and stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

I know but my parents are all about stuff getting professionally installed and stuff
Same here. It's my money but their house so it's done their way.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I wish my parents were like that. The cheaper it is the better I tend to not tell the how much something cost me. Like the full bumper to bumper examination I'm getting on my 66
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
Ok so I got in a wreck and I already had a shop install some hids in the headlights and fog lights for $350 which I didnt mind so much since it was a legit kit with a canceller a relay a warranty and the whole kit really high quality brand plus installation well since I got in a wreck it all had to be replaced for $480!?!? From the same shop!!!!!! These are after market hids not stock
Have you gone back there to ask why? I got an idea.. But I'm not going to say it here till I think it out.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Is the install process and time about the same between 06&11? The fogs are harder to reach in the '11.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: $480 hids?!?!?!?!

yep, 99...your 06 is a lot easier to get to stuff, but still thinking the dude got ripped..IMO

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Have you gone back there to ask why? I got an idea.. But I'm not going to say it here till I think it out.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Is the install process and time about the same between 06&11? The fogs are harder to reach in the '11.
Install process is harder on the fog lights I would assume it would be close though

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
yep, 99...your 06 is a lot easier to get to stuff, but still thinking the dude got ripped..IMO
Yeah pretty much were going to demand a lower price tomorrow
Old 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
Yeah they took him for a ride no doubt. I know of the shop that did this. And I won't use them after I found out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang