Front License Plate - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #36
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
That's where I ziptied mine, minus the bracket. Just the plate ziptied

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 11:18 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
I mean I realize it's not super serious but that lower grille opening (where it's actually cut for air flow) is pretty small and it's pretty much blocked by your plate RELO. I will say I like it better than on the bumper but I wouldn't run it there for this reason.
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #38
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
I thought the same, but it doesn't get hot enough up here in Alaska for me to worry about overheating. Plus, there's still plenty left unblocked. It only covers about 1/3 of the opening.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Brilliant idea for if I get a ticket. Zip tie it on and take it back off. Love it thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:15 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Mine was already on when I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:10 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
If you live in a state that requires a front plate, then have a front plate on your bumper. It doesn't go inside on the dash. Cops aren't dicks for enforcing this, it's their job.
The beautiful thing about this whole America thing is that you can google which states don't have front plates, have laws more suited to your tastes and then MOVE THERE.
Waylap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #42
Registered Member

Regular

^ or you can get a bracket that allows you to display it or not display it and not have it on your bumper.

Now you see me
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1430222068.280182.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	181270

Now you don't
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1430222091.056218.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	181271
Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
^ or you can get a bracket that allows you to display it or not display it and not have it on your bumper.

Now you see me
Attachment 181270

Now you don't
Attachment 181271
The route I'm taking, a little cheaper then moving

Thanks for the video, hopefully I'll tackle this tonight after work...
Pretzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #44

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDieguez View Post
If you need a front license plate in your state, why don't you attach it like I did? Zip tied on and I can cut them whenever I want.
That's what I did until I cut it off after putting the car away for the winter. Haven't put it back on this spring and actually forgot about it until I saw this thread!

Thinking of getting one of these:

Mustang License Plate Bracket Sto N Sho V6/GT 2013-2014

Ohio has yet another bill in the house to eliminate the front plate. Here's hoping it finally passes and gets signed into law...
Goggles Pisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #45
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:

Now you see me
Attachment 181270

Now you don't
Attachment 181271
Sweet, do you have a pic of what the bracket looks like and where I can get one?
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Not sure if this is the same one oxford is using, but here is the one I purchased

Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Manual (79-14 All) - Free Shipping

They offer a motorized version of this bracket too, although I figured for 100 bucks (I paid about $30 for mine at the time), I don't mind a little manual labor
Pretzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
Not sure if this is the same one oxford is using, but here is the one I purchased

Mustang Flip Down License Plate Holder - Manual (79-14 All) - Free Shipping

They offer a motorized version of this bracket too, although I figured for 100 bucks (I paid about $30 for mine at the time), I don't mind a little manual labor

That's the one I have also 👍🏻
Old 04-28-2015, 11:15 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylap1 View Post
If you live in a state that requires a front plate, then have a front plate on your bumper. It doesn't go inside on the dash. Cops aren't dicks for enforcing this, it's their job.
The beautiful thing about this whole America thing is that you can google which states don't have front plates, have laws more suited to your tastes and then MOVE THERE.

Ah NO

Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Mine is pop-riveted to the bumper cover too. Among the many things my purchasing dealership screwed up, they didn't mount the pop rivets correctly so with time and vibration from driving, they start to back out, making the bracket rattle like crazy.

I'm planning to remove them and go with screws, since the holes are already there.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Brilliant idea for if I get a ticket. Zip tie it on and take it back off. Love it thanks!

You do know that every time your pulled over and issued a ticket, fix-it tickets included, there will be a record. They will know that you were ticketed before and are just trying to get around the law. They will just give a summons and you can go see the judge.

Why don't you just put it on the bumper, instead of driving around and giving the Po Po probable cause to pull you over?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #51
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

You do know that every time your pulled over and issued a ticket, fix-it tickets included, there will be a record. They will know that you were ticketed before and are just trying to get around the law. They will just give a summons and you can go see the judge.

Why don't you just put it on the bumper, instead of driving around and giving the Po Po probable cause to pull you over?

1. Because race car
2. Front plates are mega ugly
3. Laws were made to be broken
4. Because race car
Old 12-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #52
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Too bad not enough ppl have heard of Craig's brackets. Zero drill, attach firmly, leave no marks and remove easily with no tools needed. Had one on my 98 with a Cobra front bumper. Will be getting another one for a 99/01 bumper which I will eventually get for my 2000.

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I used the STO N SHO plate holder. Easily removed and replaced by pulling a spring loaded pin to release.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-1314LPF/Mus...et-13-14-GT-V6
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1. Because race car
2. Front plates are mega ugly
3. Laws were made to be broken
4. Because race car
4) Again, it's not a Race Car.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:50 AM   #55
Registered Member

Regular

I think Ox was funnin' ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
4) Again, it's not a Race Car.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 12-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #56
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Too bad not enough ppl have heard of Craig's brackets. Zero drill, attach firmly, leave no marks and remove easily with no tools needed. Had one on my 98 with a Cobra front bumper. Will be getting another one for a 99/01 bumper which I will eventually get for my 2000.

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets
How do they attach (website doesn't say)? Looks like they mount to some structure behind/beneath the bumper cover?

Tempting, if it will cover up the holes from the dealer-misinstalled OEM bracket.

EDIT: OK, now I see from pictures...effectively clamps to the lower grille.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post

Ya got me!

Still, front plates are ugly. I'd pay a front plate ticket once a month over mounting a plate on my bumper.

I'm half considering filling the holes my lovely dealer put into mine and having the bumper repainted. My bumper plugs are better than nothing though.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Old 12-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I have owned my pony for over a year, traveled locally and on interstates and have never been ticketed for no front plate....I've even been pulled over for driving "aggressively" and no one said anything about "no front plate". They know the front end of a 2011, just looks to sweet for a plate!!

sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #60
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
How do they attach (website doesn't say)? Looks like they mount to some structure behind/beneath the bumper cover?

Tempting, if it will cover up the holes from the dealer-misinstalled OEM bracket.

Yeah it clamps on, uses wingnuts so it removes real easy in a few seconds with your fingers. I was running without one for a bit but one of the gate guards at the main gate (military) gave me a hard time about it and called my 1st Sergeant and he asked why I didn't have a front plate and blah blah blah. The nice thing was I could leave it off most of the time and just install it if I was going to work.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

I have mine in my trunk. Remind me at the next cruise and you can try it out on your car. If you decide to wait that long.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #62
Registered Member

Regular

^ Thanks, Rob. Though with the weather we're having, the next cruise is in March, right?

For now, I'll just remove the pop-rivets and use some screws.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:03 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Or possibly next week if it stops raining! This weather is nuts.

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Well, looks like we may get a touch of snow next week, at least up in MA.

It turns out the shafts of the pop rivets were not collapsed, so there was actually nothing holding them in--you could pull the license plate bracket straight off the bumper. The holes were just the right size to fit a couple of spare license plate screws I had around, so the bracket is snug now. Took care of a rattle, too! Doesn't take much movement up there for you to hear it inside the cabin.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang