120GB hard drive works with my Sync system! :) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

120GB hard drive works with my Sync system! :)

Just format the drive using a program like PartitionMagic, as a primary drive in FAT32, then tell sync to play usb, wait a minute for it to initialize and BAM your all set.

I HATE IPODS. Microsoft Sync is what attracted me toFord in the first place, It was the only system that could play the Zune, I had a pioneer in my other ride and it wouldnt even play USB drives properly only ipods. Thanks to stupid apple the awesome zune was discontinued so I can't upgrade my 4GB zune. Now I've got 120GB from a normal external hard drive, SUCK IT APPLE.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Sounds awesome but how easy will it be to sift throw all that music and find certain songs?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Sounds awesome but how easy is it to find a certain song?
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: 120GB hard drive works with my Sync system! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight View Post
Sounds awesome but how easy will it be to sift throw all that music and find certain songs?

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Sounds awesome but how easy is it to find a certain song?
as easy as pressing the sync button and asking for the song. I usually just like to play it on shuffle, or play a certain genre. I am amazed on how great the system reads my voice. But I tried asking it stuff in a fake accent, yeah it did not like that so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I find it easy to just connect my iPhone with bluetooth and even sometime just ask Siri to play a specific song, or sometime I'll connect my 64 g ipad
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Just format the drive using a program like PartitionMagic, as a primary drive in FAT32, then tell sync to play usb, wait a minute for it to initialize and BAM your all set.

I HATE IPODS. Microsoft Sync is what attracted me toFord in the first place, It was the only system that could play the Zune, I had a pioneer in my other ride and it wouldnt even play USB drives properly only ipods. Thanks to stupid apple the awesome zune was discontinued so I can't upgrade my 4GB zune. Now I've got 120GB from a normal external hard drive, SUCK IT APPLE.
You didn't just say that..
Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

You didn't just say that..
LoL agreed
Old 07-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I did. Im an electronics engineer and apple is destroying the entire industry.

For years they lacked on ingenuity, they focused solely on marketing sleek looking products that didnt have the potential of other brands, they just looked good. Im all for it but its like selling a 3cyl mustang.

Market the 3 cyl mustang, have celebrities drive it, convince everyone that its the best think out there because it looks good. Eventually everyone else buys the 3cyl mustang and all the other brands go out of business, next thing you know everyone has the same car, there is no competition for the brand, and therefore no progression of the car just easy, easy profts off of easily marketable people.

Apple is electronic communism, my pioneer deck was an example of how i had no choice but to get an ipod, and i hated that fact. We need choice, companies need competition. Ford wouldnt have put out the latest 650+ hp gt500 if chev and dodge werent competing.

Apple is electronic communism. There is nothing wrong with their products, just the company ethics. Lately in their cellular division, i see more emphasis on research and development, and not so much on marketing (like the use of martin luther king speeches in the early 2000's) which is a very good thing, but that is only because android devices are whooping their *** in sales.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Microsoft isn't so innocent them selves I know some stories, but then again look at wal-mart everyone shops there cause they have the cheapest prices around. They are putting small business out of business, cause they CAN it's all marketing BS and everyone falls for it.

Also figure if they did sale 3 clynder mustang do you think you would have any choice? All they have to do is sabotage there own cars OR just stop making GT500 just so you have no other option to buy anything else. Companies have way to much power now a days it sucks.

Just got to do what got to do, like you modified your own little set-up I like it it's a great idea. Now all you need is a tv and a Xbox lol

Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Microsoft isn't so innocent them selves I know some stories, but then again look at wal-mart everyone shops there cause they have the cheapest prices around. They are putting small business out of business, cause they CAN it's all marketing BS and everyone falls for it.

Also figure if they did sale 3 clynder mustang do you think you would have any choice? All they have to do is sabotage there own cars OR just stop making GT500 just so you have no other option to buy anything else. Companies have way to much power now a days it sucks.

Just got to do what got to do, like you modified your own little set-up I like it it's a great idea. Now all you need is a tv and a Xbox lol
+1, totslly agree. Im not a huge fan of microsoft either i just preferred the zune. Im glad i got this drive working though, how much is a 120gb ipod? Lol the best part is to add more music i dont need to go through proprietary software like itunes or zune, just throw on the songs via windows explorer.

As for tv's and xboxes, thats something id do to my other ride (infiniti qx4) the stang i want to keep a sports car feel/appearance.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang