Auto to manual - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100

Wasn't offended I drove a manual 350z for a while it is more fun. But I cannot enjoy a car and be in pain. Lol. It all really depends on what you drive every day.
After my buddy totalled his 440 Six Pack 69 Dodge Charge with a 4 speed manual he went out and bought a 66 Plymouth Satellite with a 426 Hemi Automatic. With the stall speed that sucker would chirp the tires into second just idleing. I've driven manuals mist my long life but now that I've discovered that grade assist on my 2012 is sport mode I dont miss it at all.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano
Manual always manual I can not see any way I would buy a mustang in auto that's sacrilege in my book
I know a lot people on here that would say the same thing about buying a v6. It's all in preference.
Uscgfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Manual taught me how to drive a mustang. But the city and bumper to bumper made me want to get a automatic. Plus in college saving money is everything so 31 mpg helps out on that part. Plus it saves my knees for when I buy a real performance car I love them both, just not the upside down scrotum for the 11-12 auto.
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
Manual taught me how to drive a mustang. But the city and bumper to bumper made me want to get a automatic. Plus in college saving money is everything so 31 mpg helps out on that part. Plus it saves my knees for when I buy a real performance car I love them both, just not the upside down scrotum for the 11-12 auto.
Somebody must not have any balls with a scrotum like that.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
They make automatic mustangs? No but seriously I would never buy an auto sports car (unless an injury is preventing you like said above). I have driven auto and manual for a loooong time and manual is just soooooo much funner really, especially in a 300 + hp sport car. But everyone has different preferences.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012

Somebody must not have any balls with a scrotum like that.
I see what you did there lol I just wanna save my knees and money. To each his own. I can't wait to get a boss though
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #77
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Both transmissions are excellent:::::::

They both have their advantages.
The Auto is good for someone like myself that has serious hip & Leg injuries.
My last car was a manual six speed and at times it was hard for me to drive it in traffic. Because it was A Six speed manual was the big reason I traded it on the Automatic Mustang.
I can push that little black button and hold any gear I need to for responsiveness in cornering. I can just leave it in drive and stand on the throttle any time I want to and just plain "GO"
It is really great in stop & go thick traffic and can be a nice relaxing enjoyable drive.

The six speed is really a nice way to go if you like shifting your self. It shifts nice and snappy, It offers more control (ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR DOING) It sucks in stop & go traffic. It is fun nearly 1/2 of your driving time. It is for the people that want it and that is really a good thing for Ford to give the buyers a choice.

Personally I love my V6 automatic transmission Mustang. The main two things I'm happy about was when I seen true love across that dealers lot I'm glad it was A V6-Automatic MCA beauty. I BOUGHT IT ON THE SPOT

Ronnie

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

I see what you did there lol I just wanna save my knees and money. To each his own. I can't wait to get a boss though
Sorry lol. No quite the opposite. Just being a little fecicious. I 'm a fan of this Automatic and I like the T-Handle. Few could out shift me on a manual but I got tired of it. Besides a few more years and most can out shift me.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

The mt82 is also crap which kinda makes me not want one as well. But for once a auto can beat a manual in speed (tune maybe) and in mpg
Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Autos are fine, but manuals are way more fun to drive. Period!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike
Autos are fine, but manuals are way more fun to drive. Period!
I don't know that your manual would have helped me today. I was getting on the freeway and floored it to have some fun. Around 80 I looked in my rear view mirror and there was this black car on my tail. As the lanes turned into two I caught a glance at something passing me that said Nissan GTR on the back of it. Holy guana Batman! He must gave been laughing himself silly.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't know that your manual would have helped me today. I was getting on the freeway and floored it to have some fun. Around 80 I looked in my rear view mirror and there was this black car on my tail. As the lanes turned into two I caught a glance at something passing me that said Nissan GTR on the back of it. Holy guana Batman! He must gave been laughing himself silly.
I dont think nitros would of even helped! But you didnt pay almost a hundred grand for your ride! But that is a sweet ride!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I dont think nitros would of even helped! But you didnt pay almost a hundred grand for your ride! But that is a sweet ride!
Yeah Mike when I saw the price I thought I'll take 2 Shelbys or 4 Sixers over that any day. Especially sitting in bumper to bumper freeway traffic thinking if I had one of those I could say "Oh look at me I can do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds."
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dude when I hear that all I hear is blah blah blah. My opinion is my opinion I could care less about the first 1.5 million mustangs etc. autos are dull and slush next

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Agreed 1000000000000 %
See now we're all entitled to our own opinion. I've driven sticks most my life and I've driven automatics. Both have their purpose in a Mustang and you are free to chose what you want. But chosing one over another is not sacreligious. Your opinion doesn 't make it so.
When I hear someone say they don't care about facts then all I hear is Blah Blah Blah.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

See now we're all entitled to our own opinion. I've driven sticks most my life and I've driven automatics. Both have their purpose in a Mustang and you are free to chose what you want. But chosing one over another is not sacreligious. Your opinion doesn 't make it so.
When I hear someone say they don't care about facts then all I hear is Blah Blah Blah.
^^^This. Well worded
Ryanjcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

If you notice the smiley face that was almost all tongue in cheek ps what facts? Everyone is talking opinion
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you notice the smiley face that was almost all tongue in cheek ps what facts? Everyone is talking opinion
Which part wasn't tongue in cheech? The put down of those who drive automatics, the condescending tone or the devilish smiley face?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Which part wasn't tongue in cheech? The put down of those who drive automatics, the condescending tone or the devilish smiley face?
Pretty much all of it. I don't really care what people drive man. I was being facetious messing with people. It's like the v6-v8 discussion people buy what they want and when they want. These threads do nothing to help the situation. Hence my sarcastic post and the devilish smiley
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It is sometimes hard to determine sarcasm or other subtle intent over the internet lol
Ryanjcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Pretty much all of it. I don't really care what people drive man. I was being facetious messing with people. It's like the v6-v8 discussion people buy what they want and when they want. These threads do nothing to help the situation. Hence my sarcastic post and the devilish smiley
I totally agree. Thus my response. There is always something faster. And for sure the Mustang isn 't the fastest car on the road. That's not why we buy them. And what type of car one drives does not make them a better person. So there is no need for those type of discussions.
Here's another fact for you: 57% of Mustangs sold today are automatics. Gasp! lol
Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I totally agree. Thus my response. There is always something faster. And for sure the Mustang isn 't the fastest car on the road. That's not why we buy them. And what type of car one drives does not make them a better person. So there is no need for those type of discussions.
Here's another fact for you: 57% of Mustangs sold today are automatics. Gasp! lol
Yea I know lol although manual transmissions are up over 7% year over year the past few years mwuhhhahaaaaaa
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I know lol although manual transmissions are up over 7% year over year the past few years mwuhhhahaaaaaa
Good I 'd be rather upset if there was no manual transmission. Although they need to stop making them in China.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good I 'd be rather upset if there was no manual transmission. Although they need to stop making them in China.
Yea I agree cars made here get the parts sourced here I will gladly pay another 1500 on the sticker for all American parts
Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I agree cars made here get the parts sourced here I will gladly pay another 1500 on the sticker for all American parts
Amen to that!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Facts are facts! But for some reason most people want a manual when buying used! I think we forget that about half of all mustang owners drive them because they are iconic and are daily drivers that just enjoy their cars and dont care for a manual. Nothing wrong with that! The other 50% push them to their limits,mod them and are looking more for that racing feel and are buying manual. Fun fact, 100% of all track cars are manual. Lol, just having some fun!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Facts are facts! But for some reason most people want a manual when buying used! I think we forget that about half of all mustang owners drive them because they are iconic and are daily drivers that just enjoy their cars and dont care for a manual. Nothing wrong with that! The other 50% push them to their limits,mod them and are looking more for that racing feel and are buying manual. Fun fact, 100% of all track cars are manual. Lol, just having some fun!
On a track I'd want the ability to keep the engine in the proper torque range for sure. On the strip it's not so important. Daily Driver? I'll take either. But I bet I'd wear out the manual alot faster! With my automatic my daughter is already screaming "You're gonna get us killed".
I guess she's still used to that old PT Cruiser, manual BTW. lol
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

On a track I'd want the ability to keep the engine in the proper torque range for sure. On the strip it's not so important. Daily Driver? I'll take either. But I bet I'd wear out the manual alot faster! With my automatic my daughter is already screaming "You're gonna get us killed".
I guess she's still used to that old PT Cruiser, manual BTW. lol
Lol! Imo autos are just as good as manuals, its just driver preferance. And the fact my wife cant drive stick! Lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang