Jlt and bama tuner just ordered ! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Jlt and bama tuner just ordered !

i just ordered the jlt cai and bama tune packing from am excited to get this ! any one have this that has anything to say about it ?
geepoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Jlt and bama tuner just ordered !

Good for you. I was going to do that combo as well, but since i got the extended warranty i played it safe, and went with just a CAI (bbk) and decided to wait on the tune.

I have heard nothing but good things about the tunes, and now i have to make myself behave and not order one sooner than later.

Let us know your thoughts after the install.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

I think all the CAIs out there are good from everything I've read. Airraid is getting a lot of buyers at the moment due to their $50 rebate. If I was buying once, I'd go with JLT or C&L.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepoons View Post
i just ordered the jlt cai and bama tune packing from am excited to get this ! any one have this that has anything to say about it ?

geepoons,

Great choice, My first recommendations are always CAI & Tune!

2011+ GTs have dyno proven gains of 31 RWHP and 37 ft-lb's of Torque or more on Bama Custom Tunes. By adding more fuel, optimizing the air/fuel ratio and tweaking variable cam timing, a Bama Custom Tune is proven to squeeze out the extra horsepower that Ford left on the table.

Our Bama Custom Tunes are developed in-house on our Dynojet 224xLC chassis Dyno. We put in Hours of research and development through the street, track and dyno testing/datalogging which left us with fully refined custom tunes. The Bama Performance team also has exclusive access to our inventory of parts.

I'm confident you'll be very happy with this set up, let me if you have any questions or feedback!

Thanks for shopping with AM, we greatly appreciate it!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

geepoons,

Great choice, My first recommendations are always CAI & Tune!

2011+ GTs have dyno proven gains of 31 RWHP and 37 ft-lb's of Torque or more on Bama Custom Tunes. By adding more fuel, optimizing the air/fuel ratio and tweaking variable cam timing, a Bama Custom Tune is proven to squeeze out the extra horsepower that Ford left on the table.

Our Bama Custom Tunes are developed in-house on our Dynojet 224xLC chassis Dyno. We put in Hours of research and development through the street, track and dyno testing/datalogging which left us with fully refined custom tunes. The Bama Performance team also has exclusive access to our inventory of parts.

I'm confident you'll be very happy with this set up, let me if you have any questions or feedback!

Thanks for shopping with AM, we greatly appreciate it!

-Dan
Too bad he has a 3.7 (no hate whatsoever I have a 3.7 as well) this is the v6 forum not the GT
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Too bad he has a 3.7 (no hate whatsoever I have a 3.7 as well) this is the v6 forum not the GT
NicholasP,

Whoops! My bad guys, I was actually just speaking about the 11+ GT on the thread before this, must have got mixed up!

However here's the deal with the 11+ V6!

We've seen dyno proven gains of 18 RWHP and 22 ft-lb's of Torque + with a Bama Tune, Still very impressive gains!

Sorry about that guys, Let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

i was wondering , while selecting one of those three preset tunes, ( street , performance , and racing ) is the racing tune too much to drive it around local streets ? and will it put alot alot of wear and tear on the car if so ? (i dont drive to work)
geepoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by geepoons
i was wondering , while selecting one of those three preset tunes, ( street , performance , and racing ) is the racing tune too much to drive it around local streets ? and will it put alot alot of wear and tear on the car if so ? (i dont drive to work)
let me.know what you think of it when you get it. thats the combo i want also.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geepoons
Dan answered this on a previous post a few weeks ago. He said there will be no harm done while running the race tune... He did say the throttle response is very touch to be careful with the Theodore in every day driving.

I have the JLT cai and have been running the 93 race tune for the past two months and love it!!!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Throttle not Theodore... LOL damn spell correct on the iPhone!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang