Mustang Evolution Forum banner

WTF!? '13s (autos) cant burnouts or brake torques

20K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  pwrby4d 
#1 ·
Thats right. V6 and GT both, automatics have been programmed to not allow for a standard burnout. So when you get to the track, and you line yourself up in the waterbox with your foot on the brake and gas....you will be sorely disappointed. Another +1 for aftermarket tuning (when its finally cracked fully).

doesnt matter if you turn off trac control, or active handling, etc. Its something a switch wont turn off.

You can roast em, dont get me wrong. but you have to do it with raw power. You cant do it with your foot on the brake at all.

Also, using track apps tonite I was going to do a 60 run so I tried to do a light brake torque launch. as soon as any gas was applied with the brake, the app was instantly stopped.

Im not sure what they were thinkin (less warranty work im sure), but who the hell is going to be 'ok' with a Mustang that cant do what Mustangs do!!??

#61 · (Edited)
i wonder if a line lock would work? (and slicks too if you are serious about going to the track) i think a line lock may work as you dont have your foot on the brake when using it but not sure if the computer would try to interfere... when using a line lock you do put your foot on the brake to engage it by pushing.an installed.switch and it just locks the fronts so maybe the computer would realize it and try to disable or something undesired.. hmmm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.