WTF!? '13s (autos) cant burnouts or brake torques - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Pretty cool. I tried holding the break on my 2012 and it just holds it until I released. Still gets traction. I should have grown up decades ago though. lol

I see in your video there's no real squealing
of tires. Maybe the newer radials don't squeal and mine are spinning but have better traction.
I do have the V6 performance package. Which comes with the Perrelli F1 tires and the 331 gears and I think better shocks and a few Cosmetic parts to the car.
B3Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Mustang View Post

I do have the V6 performance package. Which comes with the Perrelli F1 tires and the 331 gears and I think better shocks and a few Cosmetic parts to the car.
Mines base but I do have 3:31's. will give it a try.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
So I have a 13 V6 and I did a burnout in mine... I tried to post the video up on here but it won't let me. It was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
hmmm interesting... change in programming maybe? i noticed you rolled a bit.. maybe that is the key. do you have stock gearsor the upgrade to 331's or performance package? maybe the difference is the tuning for base vs. performance package or gearing.. idk... in any case, aftermarket will prob figure it out before ford does anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
I think the roll forward is the trick... I don't do that in my 2012 auto when I do a burnout... How did you accomplish this? All traction control off then let the car roll a touch? Mash gass just a touch before mashing the break maybe?
Quote:
I do have the Performance package with the 331 gears And I also have the Catback magnaflow exhaust system.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

What I do is trac off and put the car in S gear and then let it roll a bit then mash on gas while holding break.
That roll forward and then hitting the brakes at the same time as the gas is probably what did it for you. At most drag strips though you don't have the luxury of a "running start" for the burn out.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
True...
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Here is me and my V6 i posted it up on youtube let me know guys.

2013 V6 Mustang burnout - YouTube
I think the trick may be to hit the gas first? Maybe slightly put down the gas, then the break and floor it at the same time. That's what it looked like to me, but I'm just guessing, I've never done it before.
I plan on burning out mine right before I need a break and tire change.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:28 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Easy fix. Do not buy a sports car in auto... Stick shift all the way.
The Puma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

A lot will argue that the v6 mustang is a sport car. I'm not one of those but I know many that say its not
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma View Post
Mustang Autos are more than 4 to 1 over Manuals. There have always been more Automatics sold than Manuals and they do just fine. It's more of a Sporty car than a Sports car anyway.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Puma
+1 makes the whole driving experience 10x more enjoyable, IMO
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
+1 makes the whole driving experience 10x more enjoyable, IMO
Until you're in traffic.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

Until you're in traffic.
I drove manual tranny's for over 25 yrs straight. in LOs Angeles traffic. . Never had an issue with it. But more enjoyable than an automatic? That's just a matter of biased opinion. I enjoy both. But then I have no issues with holding my auto in first second or third when needed.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It's a known fact that car enthusiasts almost always prefer a manual over an auto. My 67 year old mother preferes autos also. Joke, joke. Auto or manual as long as its a stang I'm cool with it. Driver preference.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
It's a known fact that car enthusiasts almost always prefer a manual over an auto. My 67 year old mother preferes autos also. Joke, joke. Auto or manual as long as its a stang I'm cool with it. Driver preference.
My clutch foot is just as fast as ever.
And the times they are a changing. lol.
No worries as I've said I've driven plenty of both over the years. Besides my 90 year old father was set in his beliefs as well. He never did grow up.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #49
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Yeah it's actually a safety feature called Brake Over Accelerator. Disabling trac/advancetrac is supposed to disable it though, it doesn't on the '13s. I think it's actually an unintentional bug from Ford. Bad oversight that kinda screwed up their cars for recreational use.
Yes!!! I rember that! This happened a while back when Toyota had recalls.

I think it's a law that they use that feature now.
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's weird. I have a v6 performance package also and mine came with Firehawk Summer Tires
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Welp last night I found out that if you fully turn off the Traction Control and accelerate hard...you'll do a donut.

The things you learn!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's weird. I have a v6 performance package also and mine came with Firehawk Summer Tires
What year? The 2012 and 2013 PP model came with Pirelli P-Zero tires... If you bought your car new from a ford dealer then you should call them and ask wtf the deal is... The car comes from the assembly plant wearing either Michelin energy savers for base model or the p-zero for PP. Only way that changed is if your dealer is swapping tires on there new cars for cheaper ones and reselling the high performance ones... Wouldn't be the first time I have herd of it, Ford would love to hear about it if that is the case...

Btw... Those P-zero tires run close to $200 a piece, fire hawks are closer to $120...

I think they started putting F1 tires on the 13+ or it was a package option... Can't remember at the moment
Old 05-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What year? The 2012 and 2013 PP model came with Pirelli P-Zero tires... If you bought your car new from a ford dealer then you should call them and ask wtf the deal is... The car comes from the assembly plant wearing either Michelin energy savers for base model or the p-zero for PP. Only way that changed is if your dealer is swapping tires on there new cars for cheaper ones and reselling the high performance ones... Wouldn't be the first time I have herd of it, Ford would love to hear about it if that is the case...

Btw... Those P-zero tires run close to $200 a piece, fire hawks are closer to $120...

I think they started putting F1 tires on the 13+ or it was a package option... Can't remember at the moment
It's a 13 year. They are z rated to 168 mph so i'm not complaining, but I'll look into it. Also, if mine are cheaper, yay! Lower cost tires changes XD

Update - I have the club of america package. That package lowers the tire size from 19 inch to 18 inch.
It also states that the MCA package comes with P235/50R18 A/S tires, when the basic PP package says 255/40R19 Summer Only tires.

Update 2- I stand corrected. I went to the garage and actually looked at them. They are Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. Online they range from $250-$300 each. Are those good tires? I know they're zrated. That's all I know tho
Old 05-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #54
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Until you're in traffic.
I drive 100% city miles and my car doesn't even have a hydraulic clutch. I still would rather drive a manual.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

I drive 100% city miles and my car doesn't even have a hydraulic clutch. I still would rather drive a manual.
Haha same here. I drive like 35 miles a day in stop and go city traffic and still love my manual.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I hit traffic every day, this is my first manual at 38 and loving it! I'll never go back.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

No way ? ! ? !
dozer 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Way lol.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I don't want to believe it even if you take advanced traction control off ?
dozer 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

I'm going to amend this slightly...

If you're a base auto you get Michelin's. However, if you drive a base manual, you get BFG T/As, with 235 instead of 225 width.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
i wonder if a line lock would work? (and slicks too if you are serious about going to the track) i think a line lock may work as you dont have your foot on the brake when using it but not sure if the computer would try to interfere... when using a line lock you do put your foot on the brake to engage it by pushing.an installed.switch and it just locks the fronts so maybe the computer would realize it and try to disable or something undesired.. hmmm.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang