New to here, with one question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #1

Region: New York
New to here, with one question

Whatupppp!!!! From NY
I got my 2012 mustang v6 about 5 months ago and I have been in love ever since! Now I have one question, I am interested in a front bumper conversion (v6 to gt) my plan is to put on the saleen grille. So has anyone here done this or know where to look for all the stuff I need? I can imagine that it won't be difficult to install.
Alexcarlo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Its not hard at all. Get the gt bumper from newtakeoff.com or roush performance.com but look at eBay first just in case u can find something cheaper. I got my grille from American muscle. As for installation is did it in half a day, very straight forward and easy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-371305010.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	697.0 KB
ID:	61637  

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Welcome! Where in NY? Also, I'd check ebay or newtakeoff.com for the GT front. NTO has them pre-painted for $400 shipped. I'm sure ebay will have similar. Grille you could get from AmericanMuscle.com or a load of other sites as well. I may be doing that conversion too at some point.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem48
Its not hard at all. Get the gt bumper from newtakeoff.com or roush performance.com but look at eBay first just in case u can find something cheaper. I got my grille from American muscle. As for installation is did it in half a day, very straight forward and easy.
Beat me to it
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Good looking mustang. Il check out newtakeotf I was hoping to find it on American muscle since they have it on their project car but I will purchase the grille from them
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Welcome! Where in NY? Also, I'd check ebay or newtakeoff.com for the GT front. NTO has them pre-painted for $400 shipped. I'm sure ebay will have similar. Grille you could get from AmericanMuscle.com or a load of other sites as well. I may be doing that conversion too at some point.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Beat me to it
I've been waiting for your transformation! I love it it completely changed the look

2012, Performance Package, C&L CAI, Magnaflow catbacks, Katzkin Cream leather interior
Mayhem48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I've been waiting for your transformation! I love it it completely changed the look
I actually had everything ordered a while ago. But cancelled and went with a full suspension setup instead. I'll do the conversion and a procharger if I don't upgrade to something else when I get back from my deployment next year.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexcarlo12
Good looking mustang. Il check out newtakeotf I was hoping to find it on American muscle since they have it on their project car but I will purchase the grille from them
Wait till you have 50 post on this forum and then you will be eligible for a 6% discount from AmericanMuscle when you order your parts.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: New to here, with one question

Welcome to the best forum on the net.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Welcome to the gang!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #10

Loving this forum so far! Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Beat me to it
From new Rochelle, NY, westchester county
Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexcarlo12 View Post
Whatupppp!!!! From NY
I got my 2012 mustang v6 about 5 months ago and I have been in love ever since! Now I have one question, I am interested in a front bumper conversion (v6 to gt) my plan is to put on the saleen grille. So has anyone here done this or know where to look for all the stuff I need? I can imagine that it won't be difficult to install.
Alexcarlo12,

Welcome to MustangEVO & Congratulations on the 12'! You'll meet a lot of great people & find a ton of awesome reason on this forum.

We transferred the GT front end onto our 11' V6 project car. We carry the Saleen Grille, however I'd recommend ford for the actual bumper. Let me know if you have any questions or need a assistance!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexcarlo12 View Post
Loving this forum so far! Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

From new Rochelle, NY, westchester county
im not too far from you im in white plains

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

sorry to re open thread lol i was doing some searching from people that live in westchester

2003 GT
HIDs, 20% tint, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Black bullitt wheels, White bumper inserts, Shorty antenna
mustang17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang