Just bought 2011 v6! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #1

Region: Texas
Just bought 2011 v6!

Hi guys i left the srt4 world finally... and bought a nice white v6 and im missing the power from my old car but not anything else. only thing is i also bought the extended warranty 5 years a service warranty 5 years and some lincoln warranty that covers dings and tire road damage and other small things. simply put i dont want to add anything to the car until its paid off. but i looked up bama tunes and saw some decent numbers im just wondering? will anyone be able to find out i altered the ecu and void anything? im just wanting the 87 octane street tune or performance tune. also does anyone have any power numbers like gains between the tunes im only interested in the 87 octane tunes with no mods. also before i take the car back for any service i would just revert back to the stock tune and once i get the car back put the tune back on. but if this voids the warranty then im just gunna leave it stock.
XT2eme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Welcome and congrats!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Nice upgrade!
Mylo0280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Re: Just bought 2011 v6!

Welcome!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

to answer you question, YES they can tell if you retune it, and how many times. No matter what people tell you, you can not hide it.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

They can tell you messed with your PCM with a tune. They can't tell what you did, just when and that you have altered it.

From what i've read i haven't seen anybody having problems that would void anything, but doing the tune itself does void the warranty, they just would need to prove that the tune was the cause etc. Too much of a headache for me, because i have the 5yr 100k bumper to bumper, i'm staying away until i am out of warranty or very close to being out.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ford doesn't have to prove anything, if you re tune, and have an engine problem, they will void the warranty. Period
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #8

ouch... ya i guess ill just wait till the cars paid off.. or warranty expires..
Old 08-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT2eme
ouch... ya i guess ill just wait till the cars paid off.. or warranty expires..
Just check with the dealer on what mods can and can't void the warranty.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #10

ya should i talk to a service dept at a local dealer.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

By the time you pay off the car , you will want a new car. Bottom line , if there is something wrong with your car from the factory it will most likely fail in the first 15,000 miles. So if you do not have a problem in the first year, go ahead and mod too your liking. If you are truly a gear head you can't live your life worrying about some worthless warranty. I have seen Ford void a warranty repair on a rear axle because the guy used Royal Purple fluid. You know the old saying ( if you want to play, you got to pay)
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #12

ya i know that saying i spent $5k in mods on my srt4 and for it suck up water and poke a nice hole in the block.... but ya the mustang is at 32k miles i cant sense anything wrong except the springs in the front seem a little crankly idk if thats normal or not. but ya it sucks cause i just bought the service plan prolly didnt need it but i got such a good discount i didnt wanna pass it up. i mean its fast enough for me. i would love to save gas though.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT2eme View Post
Hi guys i left the srt4 world finally... and bought a nice white v6 and im missing the power from my old car but not anything else. only thing is i also bought the extended warranty 5 years a service warranty 5 years and some lincoln warranty that covers dings and tire road damage and other small things. simply put i dont want to add anything to the car until its paid off. but i looked up bama tunes and saw some decent numbers im just wondering? will anyone be able to find out i altered the ecu and void anything? im just wanting the 87 octane street tune or performance tune. also does anyone have any power numbers like gains between the tunes im only interested in the 87 octane tunes with no mods. also before i take the car back for any service i would just revert back to the stock tune and once i get the car back put the tune back on. but if this voids the warranty then im just gunna leave it stock.
XT2eme,

Welcome to MustangEVO & Congratulations on the car! Post up some pics we'd love t check it out!

For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique set up and intended use, in an easy to use web form. This information allows us to write an entirely custom tune just for your specific vehicle to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible.

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market!

I see you may steer away from a Tune at the moment since you just got the 5year warranty. If you do decide to go with the tune, hit me up & I'll make sure you taken care of!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Congrats on the new ride! I'm sure it feels good driving a "real" car now.

We would love to see some pics of the ride!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

Go to your dealer and inquire about the Ford Racing package that has a K&N drop in filter that comes with a tuner. This package is supposed to give you up to 16 more HP and 7fp more torque and being A Genuine Ford part I'm pretty sure it won't affect the warrenty.

Here is the page for the GT:
2011-2013 MUSTANG GT FORD RACING PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION WITH HIGH FLOW K&N AIR FILTER | Part Details for M-9603-MGTB* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

They should have a package out for the 2012/2013 V6 by now, You will have to call Ford Racing or just check it out with your Ford dealer.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I know how you feel, I bought my daughter a V6, got the 75k bumper to bumper. It is her DD, we put shorties headers, and ford GT duels, CAI, and custom interior. No mater were she go's i don't need to worry, if it breaks she just calls Ford. My GT has no extra warranty , If something is wrong with it and I don't have time to mess with it, I go to the dealer, and some times they fix it for Free, and some times not. I don't give them a hard time, and they are always helpful. They even installed my 4.10's and rebuilt the posi unit free. I paid for the gears.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
XT2eme,

Welcome to MustangEVO & Congratulations on the car! Post up some pics we'd love t check it out!

For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique set up and intended use, in an easy to use web form. This information allows us to write an entirely custom tune just for your specific vehicle to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible.

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market!

I see you may steer away from a Tune at the moment since you just got the 5year warranty. If you do decide to go with the tune, hit me up & I'll make sure you taken care of!

- Dan

ya my friend has lifetime tunes with his tuner but due to life changes he had to sell the stang and was gunna give me a deal on the tuner but. i also have helped a guy (im a computer tech) that was the shop foreman for a local dealer so im gunna try and get ahold of him and ask him if atleast the service plan and bumper to bumper warranty would be covered if they discovered i had a tune on the car previously.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

This guy say's a lot;

5 Dumb Things That Can Void Your Car Warranty
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #19

lol i do get carried away sometimes.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Cool Re: Just bought 2011 v6!Gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT2eme View Post
ya i know that saying i spent $5k in mods on my srt4 and for it suck up water and poke a nice hole in the block.... but ya the mustang is at 32k miles i cant sense anything wrong except the springs in the front seem a little crankly idk if thats normal or not. but ya it sucks cause i just bought the service plan prolly didnt need it but i got such a good discount i didnt wanna pass it up. i mean its fast enough for me. i would love to save gas though.
Gas mileage is great with these new V6's, With a 3.55:1 gear you will still
get 27-29 mpg. We don't buy pony cars for gas mileage!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: Just bought 2011 v6!Gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
Gas mileage is great with these new V6's, With a 3.55:1 gear you will still
get 27-29 mpg. We don't buy pony cars for gas mileage!
While true, the gas mileage did help me convince my wife a mustang was on par with some other boring cars and helped me convince her it was a good buy.
psychosiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2011 v6