Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Paint!

12K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Red Stallion 11 
#1 ·
Roxie goes in Monday to be painted! I'm really excited! It should take 3 days to get her done!

#4 ·
Haha no more butt cheek marks! (thank goodness) I can't leave without checking to make sure she's okay!

But I'm having hot pink rally stripes painted on

#7 ·
long time to wait!
but good luck! I hope it turns out allright!
i've seen a mustang with pink stripes before. It really stands out!
are you doing a pink/black scheme on the entire car or is it just the stripes?
and if you don't mind me askin :p how much does it cost?

#8 ·
alrefire said:
long time to wait!
but good luck! I hope it turns out allright!
i've seen a mustang with pink stripes before. It really stands out!
are you doing a pink/black scheme on the entire car or is it just the stripes?
and if you don't mind me askin :p how much does it cost?
Haha yeah it has been! And I think so there will be no hiding afterwards. Lol and yeah I had a custom ordered gear shift knob too. I'm gonna do the calipers and I'm thinking about head light splitters too. And out here it's costing me 750 euro. Not cheap but I bought vynil ones and I was nervous about messing them up plus the color wasn't spot on. This way I pay once an I'm good. And if thy mess it up thy redo it!

#10 ·
alrefire said:
pretty good deal, ford dealership here wanted to charge me +1000 USD for my 'stang's boss style stripes.
just a tip of advice, you might want to paint the white/chrome/silver(the not black part) parts of your wheels pink, that would look pretty cool
Yeah in dollars it's about a grand. I was thinking about it but the problem is I need to make sure I have the same color for all.

#12 ·
alrefire said:
pretty good deal, ford dealership here wanted to charge me +1000 USD for my 'stang's boss style stripes.
just a tip of advice, you might want to paint the white/chrome/silver(the not black part) parts of your wheels pink, that would look pretty cool
There is your problem. A ford dealership. I went to a local paint shop. Just so happens the guy owns and loves boss mustangs as much as me. We did the 69 setup on mine for 1,000 and a few 10s over. Paint really is the way to go. Just don't wash it a lot. Or even hardly once you get it. Itll scratch:(

#13 ·
Hope you love the 'Stang. Pink stripes painted on will be hard to resell. ;)

I saw a pink new edge yesterday. The car was totally bright pink, but not a shade I liked at all. I just need vinyl. I'm too indecisive to just have a stripe painted on.

#14 ·
Sanguin said:
Hope you love the 'Stang. Pink stripes painted on will be hard to resell. ;)

I saw a pink new edge yesterday. The car was totally bright pink, but not a shade I liked at all. I just need vinyl. I'm too indecisive to just have a stripe painted on.
Oh yeah I'm fully aware. But I love this car and have no problem hanging onto it. I used to live in Arizona and saw a "warriors in pink" mustang, and fell in love with it. Ever since then I've been dying to make my own.
The vinyl scares me, too easy to mess up, I'm worried about the paint underneath plus I don't wanna have to redo it every few years

#21 ·
pwrby4d said:
I Live in Surprise, AZ.
I used to live out in gilbert. I miss the heat and the sun.

And thanks everyone, the shop will have her for 3 days! I'll post pics as soon as I get her back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.