You guys gotta see this... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
Lol of i can burnout in my sixxer with 150 rwhp you can burnout with yours no issue
+1
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc

I did this today after work, as I got on the entrance and WOT I swear I saw so many heads turn lol it was fun getting on the freeway and keeping up with traffic. I won't do this if the freeway is busy traffic slows down a lot on that freeway I ain't risking it.
I always get onto the highway matching the traffic speed, it is the way you are supposed to do it, not 15-20 mph below. That is one of my biggest pet peeves of people around where I live. It will be a completely straight ramp and they wont be anywhere near highway speeds.
A lot of the time I enter the highway faster than the traffic cuz I was having a little fun on the entrance ramp .
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010

Ok, so I'm in first gear and hit the gas. Then I hit the clutch hard, pop into 2nd, then quickly let off the clutch, and it'll chirp? I must try this...

I've heard of power shifting, and the guy who sold me my car talked about it, but I haven't the slightest clue how to do that either. As I said before...I'm a noob to doing any stunts with a 5-speed. Never tried anything and haven't had anyone show me.
No no no dont do it, not power shifting nooooooooooo
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

I always get onto the highway matching the traffic speed, it is the way you are supposed to do it, not 15-20 mph below. That is one of my biggest pet peeves of people around where I live. It will be a completely straight ramp and they wont be anywhere near highway speeds.
A lot of the time I enter the highway faster than the traffic cuz I was having a little fun on the entrance ramp .
I agree it's my peeve too it's like people don't understand traffics is moving fast on the freeway, diesel trucks are moving quick too. Traffic isn't moving 50 in the fast lane lol

Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Re: You guys gotta see this...

Roads were wet and it had been raining all day before I got off from work...and it's supposed to rain all week! Ain't that a female dog? Ugh. Can't get a break! lol

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
No no no dont do it, not power shifting nooooooooooo
Lol! No dude, I'm not going to power shift! Just talking about chirping tires a bit....no power shifting. Not gonna try my luck with that.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #41
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
”ain't that a female dog” lol
^I see what you did there
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66 View Post
”ain't that a female dog” lol
^I see what you did there
Hehehe...yeah, totally snuck that in
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 08-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Roads were wet and it had been raining all day before I got off from work...and it's supposed to rain all week! Ain't that a female dog? Ugh. Can't get a break! lol

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Lol! No dude, I'm not going to power shift! Just talking about chirping tires a bit....no power shifting. Not gonna try my luck with that.
Few, nervous break down canceled ;>
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Few, nervous break down canceled ;>
Bahahaha! No worries, I wouldn't even attempt such a thing. Now, going 100+ miles or flooring it from a stop? Owned.... Soon I shall learn this chirping tires thing, and after that I gotta figure out how to burn a little rubber. I'm on my 2nd set of tires now. Got them months ago, and they still have the little nubs on them. The nubs gots ta go.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Powershifting is shifting without lifting the gas. It's hard on the transmission (synchros) and I have never even tried it, and you don't need it for this. Just run it to the limiter full throttle like you're racing, and shift it hard and fast. I even have 2.73s and had traction control on, it's not like I'm muscling torque there.

I don't know how fast you can shift, but it's better to start out smooth and work toward fast. I've had two previous years of DD my Stratus, then took a two year hiatus from manuals before I got my Mustang. It took me the better part of last month to relearn it and I'm still not where I want to be.
my auto chirps 2nd and 3rd.
i raced my best friend (he's got a stock v6 camaro) and i chirped in 2nd and 3rd
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bahahaha! No worries, I wouldn't even attempt such a thing. Now, going 100+ miles or flooring it from a stop? Owned.... Soon I shall learn this chirping tires thing, and after that I gotta figure out how to burn a little rubber. I'm on my 2nd set of tires now. Got them months ago, and they still have the little nubs on them. The nubs gots ta go.
:wicked:
Same here, but im a little scared of lighting them up
Oh and since its been raining, all I gotta say is wide open lot, best place to light them up, just gotta be extra careful since all fours are wet
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
my auto chirps 2nd and 3rd.
i raced my best friend (he's got a stock v6 camaro) and i chirped in 2nd and 3rd
Ouch! You're quick-shifting an auto like it's a manual? I wouldn't do that too often...not sure how the newer auto's are these days, but back in the day you could mess your transmission up pretty good by doing that. I could be wrong though, just wouldn't be comfortable doing that myself.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010 View Post
Ouch! You're quick-shifting an auto like it's a manual? I wouldn't do that too often...not sure how the newer auto's are these days, but back in the day you could mess your transmission up pretty good by doing that. I could be wrong though, just wouldn't be comfortable doing that myself.
i was running a 93 race tune at the time. it did it by itself

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

but rest assured, once i get the ratchet shifter, your question will be answered
I'm not paying $100+/mo for my insurance not to do anything!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
:wicked:
Same here, but im a little scared of lighting them up
Oh and since its been raining, all I gotta say is wide open lot, best place to light them up, just gotta be extra careful since all fours are wet
Yeah, I hear ya on that.

Lol oh I'll play on wet roads, but only when the roads are clear of traffic and that's usually late at night. Kinda sucks being in the city sometimes...always paranoid. My street racing days have been over for a while now since cops shut everything down and ran all the groups off from every location we would try to meet.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
My friend I bought my Cobra from told me not to touch the traction control button until I got CONPLETELY used to the power difference from my GT. Did I listen? Of course not. FIRST night I had it I dumped the clutch at a red light and nearly scared myself to death.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
i was running a 93 race tune at the time. it did it by itself

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

but rest assured, once i get the ratchet shifter, your question will be answered
I'm not paying $100+/mo for my insurance not to do anything!
Yeah, I'm sure it did it all by itself! Tsk tsk... And I'm not saying don't race, by all means, go for it...hell I do when I get someone beefing up to me at a light or something. I'm just saying be easy on the auto transmission dude, you're gonna kill it shifting like that! lol!

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid View Post
My friend I bought my Cobra from told me not to touch the traction control button until I got CONPLETELY used to the power difference from my GT. Did I listen? Of course not. FIRST night I had it I dumped the clutch at a red light and nearly scared myself to death.
BAHAHAHAHA! Classic! I did that once too...took the traction control off and the roads were still a little wet. Fish tailed a little, but I'm sure nothing like the trauma you put yourself through!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I'm sure it did it all by itself! Tsk tsk... And I'm not saying don't race, by all means, go for it...hell I do when I get someone beefing up to me at a light or something. I'm just saying be easy on the auto transmission dude, you're gonna kill it shifting like that! lol!

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

BAHAHAHAHA! Classic! I did that once too...took the traction control off and the roads were still a little wet. Fish tailed a little, but I'm sure nothing like the trauma you put yourself through!
Yea! Not to mention this was my first manual car... But it's been fun.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

when i first got my mustang. i went 100mph going uphill and there was a little turn, kinda like a snake. i fishtailed and it scared the **** out of me but it was fun.
first time i hit tripple digits
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, I hear ya on that.

Lol oh I'll play on wet roads, but only when the roads are clear of traffic and that's usually late at night. Kinda sucks being in the city sometimes...always paranoid. My street racing days have been over for a while now since cops shut everything down and ran all the groups off from every location we would try to meet.
Smart man.
That sucks bro we still have our last spot way out a little before end of city limits, they go from time to time ={ we're so far away yet understandable we're in the wrong but we're so far Jaja
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea! Not to mention this was my first manual car... But it's been fun.
Lol! Mine has been my first 5-speed as well...lots of interesting moments! I wouldn't give up a manual and go back to automatic for the world though, this is just WAY too much fun

Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I hit 147 (you can believe me or not) in my 98 GT one night and I swore to Jeebus it would never happen again it scared me so bad.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98StangKid
Jaja like a boss
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Smart man.
That sucks bro we still have our last spot way out a little before end of city limits, they go from time to time ={ we're so far away yet understandable we're in the wrong but we're so far Jaja
You mean chick I only have testes by my actions, not by birth! Hahaha! I get ya though. When I go visit my parents it's a 5 hour drive out to BFE so I play along the way and see what it'll still do. But the day I programmed the SCT tuner?? Best believe I was going nuts on the road. I was giggling like a 5 year old girl watching Spongebob, I was so happy

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote:
I hit 147 (you can believe me or not) in my 98 GT one night and I swore to Jeebus it would never happen again it scared me so bad.
For real?? I got my friend's 2006 GT up to 160mph on the interstate here and I'd do it again in a heartbeat Hey, I've almost made it to 30 now...no reason not to live it up lol

Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
I've got to 150 in my old rx7 the rush of that speed was awesome, I would do it again but only go faster lol.

Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

the fastest i've gone in my v6 is 120.
i'm not going faster till i replace the driveshaft and stock tires
the fam said they'd pay for the tires tho, you kno what that means
MORE BURNOUTS!!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You mean chick I only have testes by my actions, not by birth! Hahaha! I get ya though. When I go visit my parents it's a 5 hour drive out to BFE so I play along the way and see what it'll still do. But the day I programmed the SCT tuner?? Best believe I was going nuts on the road. I was giggling like a 5 year old girl watching Spongebob, I was so happy

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

For real?? I got my friend's 2006 GT up to 160mph on the interstate here and I'd do it again in a heartbeat Hey, I've almost made it to 30 now...no reason not to live it up lol
Well, I loved the speed, but I would command better conditions. 1:00 A.M., On a terrible Louisiana backroad was NOT the place. Lol.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yes yes I totally meant chick, oops.
Jajajaja nice. I sooo want a tuner oh so bad, darn you bills why are you so evil ={
And oh man speed is the best thing in the world
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well, I loved the speed, but I would command better conditions. 1:00 A.M., On a terrible Louisiana backroad was NOT the place. Lol.
Oooooh definitely not the place! I see your point now lol hope you had a change of underwear with you that day....

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

Oh yes yes I totally meant chick, oops.
Jajajaja nice. I sooo want a tuner oh so bad, darn you bills why are you so evil ={
And oh man speed is the best thing in the world
Lol! Save them pennies man, you'll get there! Or just do the traditional Merican thing and go in debt pouring money into your toys while leaving all the other bills collecting dust...other tax payers will get em for ya, no worries! Lol! And yes, speed just comes second nature. I love moving fast and just flying in the wind. I used to go skiing a lot until I had a hip injury and had surgery. I got some inline skates though and they just came in today, which is another reason I was upset by the rain today

Old 08-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oooooh definitely not the place! I see your point now lol hope you had a change of underwear with you that day....

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

Lol! Save them pennies man, you'll get there! Or just do the traditional Merican thing and go in debt pouring money into your toys while leaving all the other bills collecting dust...other tax payers will get em for ya, no worries! Lol! And yes, speed just comes second nature. I love moving fast and just flying in the wind. I used to go skiing a lot until I had a hip injury and had surgery. I got some inline skates though and they just came in today, which is another reason I was upset by the rain today

jaja I know right. And hmm other tax payers? Like my parents? Cough cough jaja jk. Aww no bueno ={, I've always wanted to.go.snow boarding, ,,, well atleast once its all dry you can go out for a blade. As for the flying in the wind, sky diving now that's a blast
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

jaja I know right. And hmm other tax payers? Like my parents? Cough cough jaja jk. Aww no bueno ={, I've always wanted to.go.snow boarding, ,,, well atleast once its all dry you can go out for a blade. As for the flying in the wind, sky diving now that's a blast
Lol!! Parents huh?! Yeah, no bueno but I make the best of it! You've never been snowboarding? You should put that on the bucket list man, carving up some snow is amazing. And dry out? I wish!! Forecast says rain all week man! I don't care though, as long as its not pouring down rain I'm going out there and blading, don't care. Oh I haven't gone sky diving yet but totally want to.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol!! Parents huh?! Yeah, no bueno but I make the best of it! You've never been snowboarding? You should put that on the bucket list man, carving up some snow is amazing. And dry out? I wish!! Forecast says rain all week man! I don't care though, as long as its not pouring down rain I'm going out there and blading, don't care. Oh I haven't gone sky diving yet but totally want to.
Sadly no =\„ hopefully this year im about 1 1/2 hrs away from snow so gotta plan a trip. Lame, although I love the rain sometimes I don't,, like when I can't keep the car clean. I wonder if you could burn rubber on the blades ;}„ oh yes sky diving is totally awesome a must for everyone
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

My wildest moments were definately getting onto the highway. Once I was at about 70-75 and hit some black ice on a sharp turn. A 4 wheel slide straight toward the jersey wall, the most scared I've ever been, luckily it gained grip right before I hit the wall. Then I was on a different entrance ramp doing bout 100 and there was a bad bump at the end in the middle of the tight turn so I drifted at 100mph onto the highway with traffic. I held it perfectly and it probably looked sweet as well.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony
My wildest moments were definately getting onto the highway. Once I was at about 70-75 and hit some black ice on a sharp turn. A 4 wheel slide straight toward the jersey wall, the most scared I've ever been, luckily it gained grip right before I hit the wall. Then I was on a different entrance ramp doing bout 100 and there was a bad bump at the end in the middle of the tight turn so I drifted at 100mph onto the highway with traffic. I held it perfectly and it probably looked sweet as well.
Epic man, wish I could've recorded it
{Never Enough HP}
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010 View Post
You mean chick I only have testes by my actions, not by birth! Hahaha!
Betty White - "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding."

That said... Don't worry about an auto that can chirp tires. It's no more hard on it than what us manual transmission drivers are doing. Just like us, it's actually reducing wear on the clutch packs, at the expense of stressing the output shaft and so on. My Grand Prix is an auto and it will chirp 1-2 on occasion.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Betty White - "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding."

That said... Don't worry about an auto that can chirp tires. It's no more hard on it than what us manual transmission drivers are doing. Just like us, it's actually reducing wear on the clutch packs, at the expense of stressing the output shaft and so on. My Grand Prix is an auto and it will chirp 1-2 on occasion.
Bahahahahaha!!! Dude I freakin love Betty White!!

Yeah, I was raised to believe that driving my automatic Chevy Cavalier like that was a bad thing when I was 16...so I guess for the past 11 years I have believed a lie! Pffft...parents...what do they know? Hehe. They also didn't like hearing I took my car to the 1/8mile track with my little Chevy either...after the fact of course. I dread the day I procreate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang