You guys gotta see this... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: You guys gotta see this...

Were you manually selecting gears? I'm talking about letting the transmission do the shifting and if it chirps it's ok. Usually an auto can't chirp tires unless they've had a shift kit or tune for higher line pressure/faster shifts.

One of the worst thing you can do to an auto is putting it in drive after reversing before coming to a complete stop. Beyond that, just drive it. FWD transmissions are weaker and more temper mental than RWD ones as well. Since their diff is in the transmission, and rarely is it a locking diff, they have a tendency to do one wheel burnouts. It's a quick way to ruin a differential and transmission. I could go on for days about this stuff.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I think Butch is talking about going 1,2, then drive, in order to bark the tires.
Forged Internals, Limited Slip Differential, 3:73s, Bama Tune, Pro 5.0 Short Shifter, Mach 1 Air Intake, 31 Spline Moser Axles.
98StangKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
my auto chirps 2nd and 3rd.
i raced my best friend (he's got a stock v6 camaro) and i chirped in 2nd and 3rd
Butch didn't say it, ^^this guy did. He's got an automatic and saying he chirps in 2nd AND 3rd, which my only assumption is he's quick-shifting gears manually like he's got a 5-speed, which growing up I was taught will ruin an automatic transmission. I mean, if you're doing it every once in a while and aren't putting the pedal through the floor doing it, that's not a big deal. But what he was talking about just sounds destructive to a brand new car in my opinion. That's just me though, and I got a manual for this reason because I want to have the option to drive my car like it's supposed to be driven every now and then But yeah, it sounds like he's looking to get a shift kit for his at some point from what he was saying. It's all on page 2 of this thread.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You can bump the shift pressure up enough to chirp third with an auto. My old 02 would break loose into second and chirp third.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
the fastest i've gone in my v6 is 120.
i'm not going faster till i replace the driveshaft and stock tires
the fam said they'd pay for the tires tho, you kno what that means
MORE BURNOUTS!!!!!
Lol my dad bought a set of michelins for mine as a congrats on college present. I made a video of me burning the rubber and put it on Facebook. He saw and when I later returned home...he high fived me saying " I thought you well." i agree, new driveshaft before the tuner just so when I take the limiter off I won't catch myself near the breaking speed.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch

jaja I know right. And hmm other tax payers? Like my parents? Cough cough jaja jk. Aww no bueno ={, I've always wanted to.go.snow boarding, ,,, well atleast once its all dry you can go out for a blade. As for the flying in the wind, sky diving now that's a blast
YOLO....
Old 08-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

Lol my dad bought a set of michelins for mine as a congrats on college present. I made a video of me burning the rubber and put it on Facebook. He saw and when I later returned home...he high fived me saying " I thought you well." i agree, new driveshaft before the tuner just so when I take the limiter off I won't catch myself near the breaking speed.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

YOLO....
Ja, most def
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Thats what you do to your old tires, right after you place an order for a new set.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11
Thats what you do to your old tires, right after you place an order for a new set.
I did it to my new and old set. But very lightly on the new set
Old 08-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

YOLO....
for starters, yolo is my thing.
secondly, i was only 15 mph from destroying my car
good thing i slowed down

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010 View Post
Butch didn't say it, ^^this guy did. He's got an automatic and saying he chirps in 2nd AND 3rd, which my only assumption is he's quick-shifting gears manually like he's got a 5-speed, which growing up I was taught will ruin an automatic transmission. I mean, if you're doing it every once in a while and aren't putting the pedal through the floor doing it, that's not a big deal. But what he was talking about just sounds destructive to a brand new car in my opinion. That's just me though, and I got a manual for this reason because I want to have the option to drive my car like it's supposed to be driven every now and then But yeah, it sounds like he's looking to get a shift kit for his at some point from what he was saying. It's all on page 2 of this thread.
that last statement is true. but it will take me a loooonnnng time to save up for that.
i'm thinking i'll have it by the end of senior year tho
also, my parents refused to let me buy manual, because auto is somehow safer *rolls eyes* so i'm simply getting the most out of my auto
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #80
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

Burnouts are still a puzzle to me, I have always been into better traction and not spinning tires.

You can smoke the tires with a six cylinder ford Falcon or any six cylinder pickup truck.

I'm kinda siding up with Noisy Pony about doing donuts because at least you are putting on a nice display of talent.

Just sitting there burning up a set of good tires is something anybody can do with just about every car made. (Of course you gotta turn off the traction control in the newer models)
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
that last statement is true. but it will take me a loooonnnng time to save up for that.
also, my parents refused to let me buy manual, because auto is somehow safer *rolls eyes* so i'm simply getting the most out of my auto
I can see where an automatic is "safer", but either way they got their kid a Mustang that's putting out 305hp stock. The logic there makes absolute no sense to me when parents go this route. If you're going to allow your kid to drive a brand new sports car in the first place, then what's the sense in saying a manual is not safe? Baffles me. But also with a manual you have more control than an automatic, plus you can save $ in fuel. The only way a manual is "less safe" than an automatic is if you are a new driver and are living in a busy area....in which case a new driver is a risk either way anyhow.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Burnouts are still a puzzle to me, I have always been into better traction and not spinning tires.

You can smoke the tires with a six cylinder ford Falcon or any six cylinder pickup truck.

I'm kinda siding up with Noisy Pony about doing donuts because at least you are putting on a nice display of talent.

Just sitting there burning up a set of good tires is something anybody can do with just about every car made. (Of course you gotta turn off the traction control in the newer models)
That's what impressed me most about this guy's video. He wasn't just sitting there doing burnouts and calling it a day...this guy was going freaking nuts all over the road out there and looked awesome while doing it! I mean, I wouldn't dream of doing this to or in my car, but it still looked sikk and like a lot of fun.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Were you manually selecting gears? I'm talking about letting the transmission do the shifting and if it chirps it's ok. Usually an auto can't chirp tires unless they've had a shift kit or tune for higher line pressure/faster shifts.

One of the worst thing you can do to an auto is putting it in drive after reversing before coming to a complete stop. Beyond that, just drive it. FWD transmissions are weaker and more temper mental than RWD ones as well. Since their diff is in the transmission, and rarely is it a locking diff, they have a tendency to do one wheel burnouts. It's a quick way to ruin a differential and transmission. I could go on for days about this stuff.
i have a tune for it.
BAMA TUNES FTW!
and it's a 93 octane tune, so the timing is very, very aggressive
Old 08-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948

I did donuts in a Walmart parking lot on Christmas night with some friends and almost got arrested. So I'll stick to burning rubber down my country roads lol
Old 08-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

did the officer let you go cuz it was christmas
Old 08-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
did the officer let you go cuz it was christmas
Threw me in the back of his undercover tan police car as my friends recorded and laughed. He later let me out after talking to me about my car and what it had in it. He said it looked cool until I got too close to the buggy rack then he decided to step in. Have me a warning and followed all of us for about 1/4 mile to make sure we didn't go back.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

you could do that with that v6,,that year v6 is about as fast as that year mustang on the video,,if not faster
Old 08-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
you could do that with that v6,,that year v6 is about as fast as that year mustang on the video,,if not faster
I'm sure the GT in the vid wasn't stock though lol

Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
for starters, yolo is my thing.
secondly, i was only 15 mph from destroying my car
good thing i slowed down

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Chirping the gears in a auto with the tuner is pretty safe as long as you dont do it everytime you hit the gas..the tuner allows u to drive normal,,then when you floor it you can chirp 2,3,and 4,,easy with leaving it in drive,,love it ..Had the tuner for about 3 years now ,,no problems..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

A stock GT back in those years is only about 280hp. Even with mods, he's not much more oomph.

I'm guilty of getting pulled over once in my life. Laying rubber through all of first gear in my Grand Prix down mainstreet. Lucky for me, the guy that pulled me over knew me from work. We talked a bit and he told me to go home, no warning or ticket.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Burning out is fun. Getting sideways is also fun. Buying brand new 19" pirelli tires is going to suck!!!!
At least the kid in this vid was smart enough to put on some steelies with crap tires.
Rip_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip_Stang
Burning out is fun. Getting sideways is also fun. Buying brand new 19" pirelli tires is going to suck!!!!
At least the kid in this vid was smart enough to put on some steelies with crap tires.
That is why I have been reluctant from doing any burnouts in the dry, wet is another story. I don't have the money to be replacing tires, I might have to pick up a couple cheap rims and stop by the sketchy used tire shop downtown and see if I can snag some spent tires for really cheap and let loose.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #92
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010

I'm sure the GT in the vid wasn't stock though lol
It says in the description he only has o/r x-pipe and flowmaster 44's...so he's only a couple hp over stock.
And yeah your sixxer has more then enough to do groovy doughnuts and what nots
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #93
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

YOLO....
Lucky! Your dad wants you to have fun with your car. My dad is refusing to even let me get a Mustang!!
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Lucky! Your dad wants you to have fun with your car. My dad is refusing to even let me get a Mustang!!
I'd still have fun in whatever he bought me. It just so happens he bought the mustang as my first. Not bad for 4k. Like father like son.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

That is why I have been reluctant from doing any burnouts in the dry, wet is another story. I don't have the money to be replacing tires, I might have to pick up a couple cheap rims and stop by the sketchy used tire shop downtown and see if I can snag some spent tires for really cheap and let loose.
I would also like to go with this plan one day!
Rip_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang