You guys gotta see this... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
You guys gotta see this...

How to kill a Mustang GT - YouTube

I've never seen anything like this in person or on video. Either this kid is super stupid or wicked awesome lol! All I have to say is I'm thankful I've only got a V6, because knowing me....I'd probably be doing something similar hehe
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
I have video of me doing stuff like that in my 97 camaro back in like 2000
I don't really do burnouts anymore to save my tires, but I do find myself squealing the tires and gettin a lil sideways quite often
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Re: You guys gotta see this...

You can do that with your V6 NoisyPony2010.

I would change the drive shaft first though!
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've tried to burn a little rubber but can't seem to do it! Lol!! Don't know if it's that I'm too chicken I'll mess my car up or what... But this looks fun and awesome!!
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
Old 08-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Lol of i can burnout in my sixxer with 150 rwhp you can burnout with yours no issue
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
I have video of me doing stuff like that in my 97 camaro back in like 2000
I don't really do burnouts anymore to save my tires, but I do find myself squealing the tires and gettin a lil sideways quite often
I quickly moved past the want to do burnouts. I like to get that perfect amount of wheel spin to look awesome at takeoff and chirping second, love to do that.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've never took off hard enough to chirp second. Lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

I love chirping 2nd. Not tried 3rd yet. You don't need to take off fast to chirp 2nd, just do a fast shift at the redline.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Talk about driving it like he stole it, I have never beat the sh:it out of my car like that and probably never will but that was awesome and it sounded good to lol.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
I've never took off hard enough to chirp second. Lol
Me either! I get a little green with envy when I hear other people chirping their tires. I've never learned how to do any of this. When I was 16 I had a brand new 2002 Chevy Cavalier (I know...every nerdy teen has one at some point, ok?) and I had some friends guide me through doing a burnout with it. They had me getting a little smoke from the tires, so it wasn't so bad lol. But now with a muscle car with well over 200lbs to the wheel I'm not so quick to do crazy stuff when I don't know what I'm doing. Especially since it's my daily driver.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Lol of i can burnout in my sixxer with 150 rwhp you can burnout with yours no issue
Teach me then! Haha! I mean, it can't be all that hard...I've got a 5-speed now which is why I'm more sketch to attempt anything. But at the same time, I know having a 5-speed makes plenty enough reason to burn rubber.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave View Post
Talk about driving it like he stole it, I have never beat the sh:it out of my car like that and probably never will but that was awesome and it sounded good to lol.
Dude!! I know!! I was watching this video with my mouth open the whole freakin time! I thought for sure that because of the title there would be some sort of wreck, but no. That guy definitely knows what he was doing and they made a bad a$$ video out of it. Hands down the best burnout compilation from amateurs that I've ever seen. That dude needs to be in movies or something lmao
Old 08-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
My car would melt the tires if I floored it I'm sure. But I can't afford new tires lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
It's not that hard to do any of what he did. Just don't care about the car
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

He did it with skinny rear tires and he couldn't even continue the burnout into second? I'm running with 275's and can run through second spinning. That car has been run into the ground, it's a pooch
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Put this in the intake thread, but here for your consumption. Me doing a simple 1-2 chirp from the 3.7l.

12shift - YouTube

Old 08-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Put this in the intake thread, but here for your consumption. Me doing a simple 1-2 chirp from the 3.7l.

12shift - YouTube
Heehee! That just tickles me I really need to learn how to do that. My tires last entirely too long...lmao
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

There's not a lot to it, just drive it fast and hard. When you hit rev limiter, jam the clutch down, shift, then dump the clutch. I even let off the gas so it's a normal shift and not power shifting. The car still did it, lol.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My v6 doesn't chirp in 2nd mine does a good burnout in 2nd

Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

My old '01 Stratus Coupe was a 200hp (crank) 3.0 V6 with a 5 speed. I could chirp 2nd on it too, and did it every now and then. Unless you have tires that are stick or big for the stock setup, it should do it, it's all in the shifting. The Stratus had 17" a/s tires, same as the Mustang.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There's not a lot to it, just drive it fast and hard. When you hit rev limiter, jam the clutch down, shift, then dump the clutch. I even let off the gas so it's a normal shift and not power shifting. The car still did it, lol.
Ok, so I'm in first gear and hit the gas. Then I hit the clutch hard, pop into 2nd, then quickly let off the clutch, and it'll chirp? I must try this...

I've heard of power shifting, and the guy who sold me my car talked about it, but I haven't the slightest clue how to do that either. As I said before...I'm a noob to doing any stunts with a 5-speed. Never tried anything and haven't had anyone show me.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I can chirp fourth

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Powershifting is shifting without lifting the gas. It's hard on the transmission (synchros) and I have never even tried it, and you don't need it for this. Just run it to the limiter full throttle like you're racing, and shift it hard and fast. I even have 2.73s and had traction control on, it's not like I'm muscling torque there.

I don't know how fast you can shift, but it's better to start out smooth and work toward fast. I've had two previous years of DD my Stratus, then took a two year hiatus from manuals before I got my Mustang. It took me the better part of last month to relearn it and I'm still not where I want to be.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I can chirp fourth
Dang it!! Am I the only one here who can't frikkin chirp?! lol!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

He's got a 5.0, he doesn't count. Idk about the 4.0, but the 3.7 will chirp 3rd.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Powershifting is shifting without lifting the gas. It's hard on the transmission (synchros) and I have never even tried it, and you don't need it for this. Just run it to the limiter full throttle like you're racing, and shift it hard and fast. I even have 2.73s and had traction control on, it's not like I'm muscling torque there.

I don't know how fast you can shift, but it's better to start out smooth and work toward fast. I've had two previous years of DD my Stratus, then took a two year hiatus from manuals before I got my Mustang. It took me the better part of last month to relearn it and I'm still not where I want to be.
Ok, this totally makes sense to me now. I can shift pretty fast but every now and then I have issues getting from 1st to 2nd, no idea why, but it's not often. I honestly think it's because I'm so zoned out and just didn't hit the clutch hard enough to shift. I've been driving the 5-speed since 2009 now, so I think I could manage learning how to do this. I got a very quick lesson on driving a manual and basically learned on my own, so there's a good chance I might be able to master this with some practice. I guess I should totally have the dash cam on when I try it out hehehe. My question now though- will doing this hurt the clutch or gears at all? I mean, as long as I don't grind the gears of course.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #25
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
I chirp second speed shifting and have barely chirped 3rd power shifting, but I don't power shift anymore cause my syncros ain't what they used to be..

This vid is me just speed shifting..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It's actually less wear on the clutch that being gentle, because you're not slipping it. If anything, you're giving the whole drivetrain a bit of a jolt (the car will jerk when you do a hard shift right, it's part of it). It's going to be a tad harder on synchros because they're working harder to keep gears from grinding by speed matching, but its no worse than granny shifting at higher rpms. One of the best habits is to force yourself to always push the pedal to the floor during shifts.

Since going 1st to 2nd means you're probably at or under 60mph when it's done, you can do it almost any time you pull onto a road and no one is around. Just occasionally do it for a practice. Oh, and don't do it when it's wet. I've already fishtailed the car doing that. LOL 2nd gear fishtail is not my idea of fun.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
It's actually less wear on the clutch that being gentle, because you're not slipping it. If anything, you're giving the whole drivetrain a bit of a jolt (the car will jerk when you do a hard shift right, it's part of it). It's going to be a tad harder on synchros because they're working harder to keep gears from grinding by speed matching, but its no worse than granny shifting at higher rpms. One of the best habits is to force yourself to always push the pedal to the floor during shifts.

Since going 1st to 2nd means you're probably at or under 60mph when it's done, you can do it almost any time you pull onto a road and no one is around. Just occasionally do it for a practice. Oh, and don't do it when it's wet. I've already fishtailed the car doing that. LOL 2nd gear fishtail is not my idea of fun.
Ok, got it and I know better than to toy around on wet roads lol! I'm in the city, too many other people on the road that could get in the way! Thanks for schooling me though, I do appreciate it....I'm such a girl lol

Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I like to do it when I turn into traffic, the look on people's faces when you pullout right next to them and you are still next to them once you get going, then chirping second is always a good way to show off. Never when it's wet though, wet is good for slow drifting.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I love chirpin the tires when I drive haha. I have the performance package with bigger tires and 3.31 final drive and I can chirp third gear easy.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedStang View Post
I love chirpin the tires when I drive haha. I have the performance package with bigger tires and 3.31 final drive and I can chirp third gear easy.
Well then. I've got the 18" wheels, which is bigger than the stock wheels/tires...and I've got 3.73's so I should be able to do this easily. Gonna give it a go today after work I think

Old 08-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Lol... I did it pulling onto the highway coming home today. Good stuff.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I almost did it pulling on the highway heading to work, but I decided not to...just didn't need something going wrong on my way here lol

Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Lol xD After you do it once, you'll realize it's not such a big deal.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah really...not much could go wrong besides you spinning out ending up in a ditch. But that shouldn't happen.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Unless it is raining/wet on the road. I did a 6k shift to second once when it was only a little bit wet out and went completely sideways. Lesson learned there .
Old 08-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
Lol... I did it pulling onto the highway coming home today. Good stuff.
I did this today after work, as I got on the entrance and WOT I swear I saw so many heads turn lol it was fun getting on the freeway and keeping up with traffic. I won't do this if the freeway is busy traffic slows down a lot on that freeway I ain't risking it.

Hav·oc/ˈhavək/
Noun: Widespread destruction.
Verb: Lay waste to; devastate.

2000- V6 First Stang
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang