Mustang Evolution Forum banner

SCT/BAMA Badge location

17K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  fultonboy09 
#1 ·
Ok, just got my SCT tuner in from AM and put the tune on. Worked wonders for throttle response. More importantly though. Where did you guys put your Bama Badge? :lol:

#4 ·
Trash. I don't have a tuner yet, but that's where it will go. I don't put random stickers on my ride. It gets emblems, and only ones that matter or apply. On our '11+ sixes that would pretty much just be a 3.7 badge. There are few exceptions.

#5 ·
I'm with you guys on this one. I'd put it in the toolbox or trash...I don't put emblems, stickers, magnets or any such thing on my car. No way, no how. If it doesn't truly make my car faster and have better performance, it doesn't belong ;)

#6 ·
Sanguin said:
Trash. I don't have a tuner yet, but that's where it will go. I don't put random stickers on my ride. It gets emblems, and only ones that matter or apply. On our '11+ sixes that would pretty much just be a 3.7 badge. There are few exceptions.
You made a CAI out of PVC but an SCT badge that comes with your tuner doesn't matter or apply?? Not following that logic at all. I mean why even buy a tuner LOLOLOL

#12 ·
Then you're transferring too much engine heat to the air. Plastic is more resistant than metal to heat transfer to the air in the intake. Also, I use ABS, not PVC, for various reasons. I could have just as easily made an aluminum intake, but I didn't for the above reasons.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Mine is chrome and has no sticker. My STB is BBK and the sticker is on it but it was there when I bought the car.

Matching material is not the only part of making your own anything, reputable companies spend lots of time developing parts. When you order you tuner what do you plan on writing in the CAI spot?
In all honesty with you having a new Mustang, if it didn't throw a code and need to be tuned, you really haven't altered much at all in terms of increasing air flow.

Several companies don't need a tune, because they use stock piping size, but still show HP increase. Eliminating bends/silencer ports improves flow. I followed their designs and necked my MAF adapter down to stock 3". I can just as easily run a 3.5" or 4" intake later if I so desire and have tuning for it. I'm smart enough to play with what I've got and not mess my car up.

Simple. I'll tell them it's custom and the tubing diameter. Run the tune with Bama and send them a log back for tweaking, which they do. More than one way to skin a cat.

#10 ·
Chrome ftw!...? That's my guess if it's not PVC or plastic lol. I've got chrome as well. But the BBK sticker didn't make it any farther than the box hehe

#11 ·
Mine is chrome and has no sticker. My STB is BBK and the sticker is on it but it was there when I bought the car.

Matching material is not the only part of making your own anything, reputable companies spend lots of time developing parts. When you order you tuner what do you plan on writing in the CAI spot?
In all honesty with you having a new Mustang, if it didn't throw a code and need to be tuned, you really haven't altered much at all in terms of increasing air flow.

#13 · (Edited)
Heat soak is irrelevant to me, as I don't race and after a/my 40mile trip to work abs PVC whatever will be heat soaked too. Especially when it's 100* outside..

Enough thread jacking. Put my SCT badge on the trunk opposite the Ford logo and the 2nd on on my roll around tool box.. FastLane gave me two while I was in there one day!

#18 ·
dreamstang said:
i dont have sct badges but i like to put all parts stickers on the inside of the hood. the thing is im running out of space. the hood is only so big. :(
I have a dutton performance sticker on my radiator cover thing. That's all I have since on mine. It's not making it go faster but he has built all of my dads engines and needs to get his name out there. 575 hp big block. Yeah that's magic for NA. But tis bama plaque....I'd put it on my dash just for car shows. Leave in the glove box any time else.

#19 ·
brandonveiga,

I'm glad to hear your happy with your tunes. We've seen some really cool/unique ideas with the Bama Plaque. My personal favorite is under the hood on the radiator cover, right in front of the CAI!

Post up some pictures when you decide. Hit me up if you have any questions or need assistance in the future.

- Dan

#22 ·
It's funny you mention putting the bama plaque on the radiator cover....after I got my SLP from AM I put the sticker on the radiator cover, and needless to say it didn't last long lol. The thing got hot I guess and just came off. No more sticker :/ Maybe this is where my discontent of placing such things stems from. At least the BBK I got from you guys had a bolted on emblem and that hasn't gone anywhere.

#24 ·
NoisyPony2010 said:
It's funny you mention putting the bama plaque on the radiator cover....after I got my SLP from AM I put the sticker on the radiator cover, and needless to say it didn't last long lol. The thing got hot I guess and just came off. No more sticker :/ Maybe this is where my discontent of placing such things stems from. At least the BBK I got from you guys had a bolted on emblem and that hasn't gone anywhere.
It could be the type of sticker. I have about 20+ stickers on the inside of my hood. They all help up good besides the trickflow one. It crinkled from the heat. But it is more of a decal and the others are more like stickers. :good:

#26 ·
True...it wasn't a decal or anything, it was a sticker. Just didn't hold up lol It was there one day, then a while later I was cleaning the engine bay and realized it was gone. Oh well, wasn't meant to be there I guess!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.