HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
HELP

Does your auto make a swoosh or turbo blow valve like sound when shifting it hard. Or flooring it?
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: HELP

I don't understand how the transmission can make that sound... Checked your intake lately to see if a hose or tube is loose? My intake makes that type of noise.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Mine does too...but only because of the huge filter with the CAI. I agree with Sanguin, have you checked your intake? Could have an air leak or the O2 sensor may have come loose.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010
Mine does too...but only because of the huge filter with the CAI. I agree with Sanguin, have you checked your intake? Could have an air leak or the O2 sensor may have come loose.
Clear ur inbox
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I'm running a factory intake. It was just weird sine I gave it hell for about 30 seconds from a red light. From 1-2-3-4 it made this whine noise. And it kicked like a mule on shifts. I dont want to ruin the car already it just hit the 50k mark
Old 08-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Dude that definitely sounds like you knocked the O2 sensor loose. Check the fittings on everything and make sure it's all tight. This can also produce a little smoke out the exhaust due to the fuel-to-air ratio being off. Something is up with the sensor, either loose or busted.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Also. It only does it when it shifts the gears not during the actual drive. Just the shifts it will blow off it sounds like then kicks into gear
Old 08-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, so give us an update here...need more information in order to help you out man. Did you check the connections to the intake yet? Do you have any warning lights popping up? Is there smoke coming from the exhaust? What else is going on?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010
Ok, so give us an update here...need more information in order to help you out man. Did you check the connections to the intake yet? Do you have any warning lights popping up? Is there smoke coming from the exhaust? What else is going on?
This morning it was a cold start, 75 degrees and the car hasn't been on since 11:00pm. I couldn't see any smoke coming from the exhaust. It made the noise from 1-2 then stopped. I made it to the stop sign at the end of my street. It didn't make it any more. No warning lights and such are coming on. Is it the intake or the tranny? It did it again when I crunk it up and went to lunch. I have no warranty so I hope it's something cheap and I can fix.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Again, did you check all the connections? It doesn't sound like a transmission issue. When the transmission goes, there won't be a doubt in your mind because there's a lot more involved than just an air noise. If no warning lights are coming on, you may want to take it to advanced auto or auto zone, somewhere where they have a diagnostics reader they can plug in. Something like this is hard to pinpoint without looking at the vehicle or hearing what's going on. It sounds like you've had this car a while and this is a new noise you're not used to, so something is up and I wouldn't ignore it. If you're just now at 50k that's way too soon for the transmission to fail unless you've been driving the thing like a maniac. Check your fluids, check the connections, and take it to get a diagnostic reading...this is the best advice I can give with such little information and it seems like others have no additional input or advice other than what's already been said here.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

If it only does it on cold starts, wonder if its the idle control doing it. On Grand Prixs they sound like the intake is gargling rocks until they warm up.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Then why is the tranny kicking in the gears? I've honestly hated this new auto transmission with 2.73's. I will check the connections when I get off work and get her home. I'll update you guys on it. What's idle control? I will also agree and add, it's a new noise and it's a 2011, it's too new to make these weird noises. I baby it 80% of the time. What the last owner(s) did I have no idea since it was a tester. And I noticed the sales person didn't test ride with us. So that makes me think bad things if you get what I'm saying.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang