oil change?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
oil change??

So i havent done an oil change yet on my car and i almost have 5500...i think Im gonna do it soon but i read oil changes should be done 7500...what do you guys think?
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Re: oil change??

I'm going to do my first one when I get back to Daytona after my trip up to Media Pa. My car should have about 3,000 on it.

I think the first oil change should be at around 3,500 to get all of the little critters that are to small for the filter to trap from the manufacturing process and initial wear.

To me it's worth the little $$$ the oil costs, I'll probably do it myself and at 7,500 or when the computer say's I'll go to the dealer and get it done again, Then when the car asks for it after that.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto113
So i havent done an oil change yet on my car and i almost have 5500...i think Im gonna do it soon but i read oil changes should be done 7500...what do you guys think?
Same thing I was wondering.. What does your oil percent read?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
I'm going to do my first one when I get back to Daytona after my trip up to Media Pa. My car should have about 3,000 on it.

I think the first oil change should be at around 3,500 to get all of the little critters that are to small for the filter to trap from the manufacturing process and initial wear.

To me it's worth the little $$$ the oil costs, I'll probably do it myself and at 7,500 or when the computer say's I'll go to the dealer and get it done again, Then when the car asks for it after that.
How often do you plan on rotating your tires?
BlackHorse1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I think every 10,000 is when i will rotate. But i have a tire warranty so we will see what happens haha
Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto113
I think every 10,000 is when i will rotate. But i have a tire warranty so we will see what happens haha
Ok, you plan on only getting your oil changed from the dealer?
BlackHorse1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

I guess im old school,,i would change it no longer than 5000..I know oils are better than they used to be,,But thats what i would do..I have the mobile 1 15000 synthetic,,and i still change every 4 to 5000..Hell its only 35 dollars to change it,,you can buy motorcraft and synthetic oil at walmart..Its alot cheaper than autozone or advance..They dont have alot of filter options though,,ecspecially the new mustang owners
Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yea Im gonna take it to the dealership each time and follow the maintenance manual, they do a lot of research and Im gonna have to trust they know the car better than i do. But i still wanna do this change like tomorrow cause of the breaking in process and everything.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

The very first oil change seems to be the most important. (It is to me) all of the smallest wear pieces that are almost powder that the filter will not pick up at all acts like honing oil to the inside of your engine. It is necessary to wait until three to five thousand miles because those micro particle's are actually helping your engine to break in and allow moving parts to seat with stationary parts. After about 3,000 miles it is time to put in some nice clean oil. I don't change the filter at this time because the slightly dirty filter will actually pick up most of these small particles by now due to the dirt saturating on the filter. Oil and filter both will be changed at 7,500 miles no matter what my computer Say's. Then it is safe to go the 10,000 miles or so if you want to.

I'll probably rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. I always just like to rotate same side.(front to back-back to front) I don't like to rotate the radials backwards after they have been run rotating one way.(My opinion) I think it is very hard on the belts in the tire and is the main cause of tire buldge and out of round tires.

I don't care that much about tire wear as I do having a safe tire under my Mustang. Front to back seems to cause a nice even wear on just about any car. They do put arrows on a lot of tires so it will force people not to switch rotation.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang