2013 V6 lower table-control arm replacement? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
2013 V6 lower table-control arm replacement?

Hi everyone, anyone heard of lower front control arm"tables" needing replacement after 1200 kms? My car is less than 2 months old and front end sounds like its falling apart. Ford tells me they need to replace both front tables??? Anyone had this issue? Thx.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike
Hi everyone, anyone heard of lower front control arm"tables" needing replacement after 1200 kms? My car is less than 2 months old and front end sounds like its falling apart. Ford tells me they need to replace both front tables??? Anyone had this issue? Thx.
My car has been sounding kinda funny when I'm driving it.I have a 2013 v6 with 2500 miles on.I've had it for 3 months.should I take it to ford and have them check it out also.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hi chellb09, i would. It took to visits to diagnose the problem. They told me theres a bulletin, aka recall on it but only affects a small number of cars. As its not a safety issue they wont send a letter or notify you. On my car it becomes very evedent when the car has been running for a while...stuck in traffic...long drives. Because the control arm bushings are located next to the engine and exhaust and the radiant heat makes them unbarebly loud. I will also feel it in the pedals when driving over bumps. Hope this helps you out! Parts on b.o....but i still love my car.......for now...: ) any suspension travel will produce a unpleasant sound from the front end when car is hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Hi chellb09, i would. It took to visits to diagnose the problem. They told me theres a bulletin, aka recall on it but only affects a small number of cars. As its not a safety issue they wont send a letter or notify you. On my car it becomes very evedent when the car has been running for a while...stuck in traffic...long drives. Because the control arm bushings are located next to the engine and exhaust and the radiant heat makes them unbarebly loud. I will also feel it in the pedals when driving over bumps. Hope this helps you out! Parts on b.o....but i still love my car.......for now...: ) any suspension travel will produce a unpleasant sound from the front end when car is hot.
Thanks that does help.I heard that there was a recall but they were saying that they would send out a letter or call people to notify them.when I driving it over like speed bumps or bumpy roads it makes this weird vibration and a weird sound.I will take it to the shop Wednesday morning then.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

O.k keep me posted, as i will you. Ill be calling ford of canada tomorrow again as these parts have been b.o for a month! No parts in canada or U.S. : (
Old 08-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have an 11v6 and Ford has already replaced my LCA's. Apparently there are problems with the suspensions of some of these mustangs. It's hit or miss weather or not you will have the issue. Good news is that Ford seems to be fixing the problem under the mfg warranty.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

How does the car drive, handle now? Going over bumps makes me cringe every time until they fix it! Parts have been on b.o for a month now!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Works fine now. Read the forum titled "Serious Problems Need Serious Help" under 2010-2014 V6. I would copy/paste but cant using the iphone app
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

O.k i will. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Just read it....Wow...you sound just like i did! The noise is so loud and annoying that there is no way i could live with it either! It sucks for us but nice to see im not the only one with this problem! Ford canada just called and they FINALLY found a part in California! It will take 4 days to get to Montreal....
Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
O.k i will. Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Just read it....Wow...you sound just like i did! The noise is so loud and annoying that there is no way i could live with it either! It sucks for us but nice to see im not the only one with this problem! Ford canada just called and they FINALLY found a part in California! It will take 4 days to get to Montreal....
What are they doing for the recall. Are the replacing the a armes or just the bushings.
13Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: 2013 V6 lower table-control arm replacement?

probably just the bushings. they get tears or cracks in them and cause them to fail. the arms themselves are fine.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Replacing arms and bushings! Waited a month for them to find the right side! Hope it is well worth the wait. Its so bad now that I can feel the cluncks in all three pedals!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

The arms on my car had a design problem. Ford redesigned it so the whole part was replaced.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: 2013 V6 lower table-control arm replacement?

oh wow. i had no idea. glad they are replacing the entire part. good luck.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Hi everyone, car went in today! Hope she comes out of surgery like new! Fingers crossed!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hi guys, they changed both lower control arms on friday.....everything sounds and feels normal again! Thanks everyone for your help and input!!! I will continue to post!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Glad they fixed your ride.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang