V6 Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
V6 Exhaust

To all you other 'stang fanatics, this may seem like a stupid/simple question. Anyways, I've decided what i want to do with my exhaust. I'm wanting to get "Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust" and "Borla long tube headers and off-road shorty x-pipe" all from AM. Can someone fill me in on what else a would need and labor costs? Thanks guys.

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: V6 Exhaust

custom exhaust pipe install costs?

Refer to this for info on costs as someone already asked this question just recently.

As for additional equipment needed, most of the AM kits come with everything you should need. As stated before, I had to only order an aftermarket exhaust hanger because the kit didn't have one (it was meant for a 2010 GT which is why). If you want to know more about what the AM kit entails the best thing to do is email or call and ask them directly....unless one of the AM guys see this post and are kind enough to respond
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010
custom exhaust pipe install costs?

Refer to this for info on costs as someone already asked this question just recently.

As for additional equipment needed, most of the AM kits come with everything you should need. As stated before, I had to only order an aftermarket exhaust hanger because the kit didn't have one (it was meant for a 2010 GT which is why). If you want to know more about what the AM kit entails the best thing to do is email or call and ask them directly....unless one of the AM guys see this post and are kind enough to respond
thanks for the info! I saw a YouTube video of a v6 with the setup I'm wanting, only he had the cat back exhaust

2012 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No problem!

Yeah, the hardest thing you'll have to get done and pay more for is the x-pipe to go on since they have to cut the metal and remove the stock pipes. Just be picky where you take it and to whom, there's nothing worse than a shotty alignment of pipes under your ride....you'll have rattling like no other an it's super annoying. I had some minor issues with the aftermarket driver's side pipe, and it was getting on my nerves so bad I went to a Meineke exhaust/muffler shop and to my surprise the guy there actually knew what he was doing and he did a great job to fix the issue. It's been fine ever since.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No problem!

Yeah, the hardest thing you'll have to get done and pay more for is the x-pipe to go on since they have to cut the metal and remove the stock pipes. Just be picky where you take it and to whom, there's nothing worse than a shotty alignment of pipes under your ride....you'll have rattling like no other an it's super annoying. I had some minor issues with the aftermarket driver's side pipe, and it was getting on my nerves so bad I went to a Meineke exhaust/muffler shop and to my surprise the guy there actually knew what he was doing and he did a great job to fix the issue. It's been fine ever since.
yeah I'm moving to Arlington in two weeks for college, I'll be sure to ask around for the best techs and shops in the area. I definitely don't want any rattler or leaks happening

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to syas07
Hot me up, I live in Alexandria and there's a performance shop about 30 minutes away. I'll have to look it up or grab the name when I drive by it again.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by syas07
Hot me up, I live in Alexandria and there's a performance shop about 30 minutes away. I'll have to look it up or grab the name when I drive by it again.
Stupid phone...or maybe fat fingers? Lol *hit
syas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Stupid phone...or maybe fat fingers? Lol *hit
thanks a lot I will!

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well how bout that...I'm just a bit south of Alexandria and Arlington here in VB We're neighbors! lol

Old 08-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well how bout that...I'm just a bit south of Alexandria and Arlington here in VB We're neighbors! lol
haha small world after all

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post
haha small world after all
Yes sir! lol! So are you going to the show in PA this weekend then? It's just a few hours north

Old 08-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes sir! lol! So are you going to the show in PA this weekend then? It's just a few hours north
I just realized you were talking about Alexandria and Arlington in another state. haha. sadly no, since for me it'd take 2 days to get there.

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to syas07
Lol well tried to help! And sadly no I am not going. I'm just coming off of vacation. Wish I could come, considering all the stuff I've done to the car in the last 2 weeks.
syas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Ooooooh...yeah I didn't realize you meant Texas! Lol! We have an Arlington in VA up north! My baaaaad. But yeah, sucks you guys are such a ways away, this show is gonna be sikk I'm sure!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Lol well tried to help! And sadly no I am not going. I'm just coming off of vacation. Wish I could come, considering all the stuff I've done to the car in the last 2 weeks.
Just coming off vacation? I don't see the reason why you can't go...what's the problem here? It's on a Sunday!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ooooooh...yeah I didn't realize you meant Texas! Lol! We have an Arlington in VA up north! My baaaaad. But yeah, sucks you guys are such a ways away, this show is gonna be sikk I'm sure!

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Just coming off vacation? I don't see the reason why you can't go...what's the problem here? It's on a Sunday!
yes I'm jealous right about now haha

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Lol! Sorry man, tough break!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol! Sorry man, tough break!
well enjoy the show for me!

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Lol will do. Just hoping it doesn't rain on Sunday...

Old 08-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol will do. Just hoping it doesn't rain on Sunday...
rain and summer... my two worst enemies

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just grab the cat-back instead of axle-backs. You'd have a full quality borla system. Would be badass imo.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Just grab the cat-back instead of axle-backs. You'd have a full quality borla system. Would be badass imo.
I was talking with my friend and I think I'm gonna go with that. I'm gonna save up and get the catbacks and then see how that is before I get new headers and an x-pipe

2012 V6
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
+1

Go big or go home

Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

on a side note, there's like a 200 dollar difference between the BBK and borla long tube headers and x pipe. what is y'alls opinion on that? because recently, people are telling me that BBK makes a pretty $h!tty exhaust
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
on a side note, there's like a 200 dollar difference between the BBK and borla long tube headers and x pipe. what is y'alls opinion on that? because recently, people are telling me that BBK makes a pretty $h!tty exhaust
I wouldn't say s**ty. But from all the videos I've heard, I haven't liked anyone with the bbk but all the borla and bassani sound great. The bbk just sound way too raspy, even w/ cats. But everyone has different taste and videos don't do justice on exhaust so they might not be that bad. Haven't heard any in person so I guess you can't judge them too much. If it were me, I'd pay the extra $$ for borla or bassani.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Just to specify
I'm talking about the headers and x pipe

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Will that affect the overall sound as much a volume?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just to specify
I'm talking about the headers and x pipe

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Will that affect the overall sound as much a volume?
if I go with the setup of the borla longtime headers and x-pipe with the cat back ATAK will it all pass inspection and everything?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r

if I go with the setup of the borla longtime headers and x-pipe with the cat back ATAK will it all pass inspection and everything?
LONGTUBE**

2012 V6
Old 08-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta check with state regulations on that one man, only way to know for sure. Most states it will pass unless they do emissions testing. I know when my friend moved from VA to PA and registered his 'stang there, he had to put some parts of his exhaust back to stock just to pass emissions. Don't remember what though.

Check state laws for regulations on alterations to the cats or mufflers. It should say what aftermarket parts are acceptable if any. Other than that there's no law I know of for changing a mid-pipe or headers. Also look into noise ordinance laws, there should be a clause for auto somewhere.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotta check with state regulations on that one man, only way to know for sure. Most states it will pass unless they do emissions testing. I know when my friend moved from VA to PA and registered his 'stang there, he had to put some parts of his exhaust back to stock just to pass emissions. Don't remember what though.

Check state laws for regulations on alterations to the cats or mufflers. It should say what aftermarket parts are acceptable if any. Other than that there's no law I know of for changing a mid-pipe or headers. Also look into noise ordinance laws, there should be a clause for auto somewhere.
I'm going to look into it but as far as following it goes, who knows. I think it's illegal to just go with no mufflers at all for the reason that you have no catalytic converter (at least in Texas). correct me if I'm wrong

2012 V6
Old 08-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_tyler_r View Post

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

LONGTUBE**
here in bama, the only requirement is that you have to have a muffler
single race chamber muffler!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just looked into it and here in Texas they have no decibel requirements, all you have to have is a muffler that functions all the time with no leaks or repairs done to it. I'm not worried about it being too loud, my brothers truck is loud enough to sound like a jet when he's got it to the floor. (no joke)

2012 V6
Old 08-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm going to look into it but as far as following it goes, who knows. I think it's illegal to just go with no mufflers at all for the reason that you have no catalytic converter (at least in Texas). correct me if I'm wrong
Having no mufflers has nothing to do with the cats. Your catalytic converters (cats) are located in the front closer to the engine and your mufflers are what's at the rear (the big tank-like things). You need cats, shouldn't ever take those off unless you're doing some extremely high dollar builds or something crazy. A daily driver should never need a cat delete. All mufflers do are quiet/muffle the sound and in some cases they assist in air flow but it's not much. I for one see no need for mufflers and refuse to have any. I like making noise and hearing my car

Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Having no mufflers has nothing to do with the cats. Your catalytic converters (cats) are located in the front closer to the engine and your mufflers are what's at the rear (the big tank-like things). You need cats, shouldn't ever take those off unless you're doing some extremely high dollar builds or something crazy. A daily driver should never need a cat delete. All mufflers do are quiet/muffle the sound and in some cases they assist in air flow but it's not much. I for one see no need for mufflers and refuse to have any. I like making noise and hearing my car
+1 for noise!
Nfreeman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I agree. noise is what im aiming for. I just hope it wont be too loud for the girls when they're riding in it haha
Old 08-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree. noise is what im aiming for. I just hope it wont be too loud for the girls when they're riding in it haha
Pfffft please. It's not too loud for me and I'm a girl! My friend's GT sounded like a drag racer or like something you'd hear at NASCAR, and I not only loved riding in it but I loved driving it as well. Can never have enough noise when it comes to pure muscle!!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Amen! Do what ever you want and as loud as you want
Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

Amen! Do what ever you want and as loud as you want
I agree 100% haha.

2012 V6

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust