Security systems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Security systems

Ok, this is a bit of a long and multi-part question, but I need some expert advise. There is 500 bucks on the line!

So I just recently got my 2013 v6 Mustang Premium, and I love it. I did not upgrade to the "advanced reverse sensing system and security package" mainly because I was at the top of my budget.
My car arrived, and I have been driving for a while. I took it into my dealer for some locking wheel nuts (which came with the security package that I did not get) so no one could steal my wheels. He offered me a security system for $500 that is what he described as modular with my car, so it will be integrated and will work with my existing car remote.

So my 4 questions are....

1. The basic alarm that comes with the mustang, what does it do? How good is it? If someone punches through my window, will it go off? Does it disable the engine if someone tries to hot wire it?
2. The security system that comes with the optional "package", how good is it? What is the difference?
3. If you do know, what does the security system that my dealer offered for $500 have in it? Is it as good as the one you can get with the "package"?
4. Finally, is it worth it? or is the basic default security system good enough.

Thanks!
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Security systems

I have a '12 and got the safety and secuirty pckg...this came with hids, wheel locks, and the "security system" which i have no idea what it does either, i got the pckg for the hids....
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I have a '12 and got the safety and secuirty pckg...this came with hids, wheel locks, and the "security system" which i have no idea what it does either, i got the pckg for the hids....

the 13's come with the hids as default now. oh, your locking wheel nuts, is it every single nut is locked, or just one per tire?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Not sure about the 2011+ but I got the security package on my 2010 and one thing I know for sure is that there's sensors inside the cabin. Say for instance I left my windows down and locked the car with my keyless remote...if someone was to do much as reach into the car it will go off. I've tested this myself and it works. And wheel locks are typically only one per wheel.
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It's true about the sensors in the car my 2013 is very sensitive.
Jmusc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmusc16
It's true about the sensors in the car my 2013 is very sensitive.
No joke. When I travel with my dog, I can't lock my doors with the remote or with the lock button inside because her barking and moving around sets the alarm off. I can sometimes get away with manually locking it, but it's gone off like that with her in the car before. So anytime I have to stop to use the bathroom or grab a snack on a road trip with her tagging along, it gets interesting lol
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

So, what would you recommend to be the best after market security system. Remember, I am on a budget.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang