Remote start - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Remote start

With my mustang I got the remote start system. I hoped that the car would stay on as I got in, turned my key and drove off. But it immediately turns off when I open the door. My question is, is there any way to change\mod if to where if I start it with my remote, it won't shut off when I open the door, and I can just put my key in and go?
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have a '13 and followed this procedure - worked like a charm.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/120-...-shutdown.html
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Remote start

Awesome, thanks! I have a few questions about it.
1. Will this void my warranty?
2. Does the 10 minute auto shut off still work?
3. I am not very car-savvy, so will my dealer do this for me? Or just any good mechanic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Im glad I didnt opt for this option. Annoying that it shuts off after opening the door. theres no reason to start and restart a car every time you use the remote. Thats rediculous. Ill stick with my aftermarket viper that starts my car from my office window 800' away and shows a shock sensor on my remote when someone jacks around with it.
http://youtu.be/FnXY-8iSujY?hd=1
alludc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I tried going under the steering wheel but couldn't find the LED, PM me and I can give you my number if you would like to walk me through it
Old 08-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

The LED is wrapped up in the black tape, at least mine was. Follow the wire from the push button back and you should be able to locate it -- just start unraveling the tape.

I used zip ties to hold the wires in a bundle when I was done, not a fan of the tape.
Pony Package
6-Speed Auto
CloudsInMyCoffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudsInMyCoffe View Post
The LED is wrapped up in the black tape, at least mine was. Follow the wire from the push button back and you should be able to locate it -- just start unraveling the tape.

I used zip ties to hold the wires in a bundle when I was done, not a fan of the tape.
Oh, I saw that, didn't think thats what it was. I will go ahead and try it. So, when you remote start it, you can get in, put in your key, and drive without having to restart the engine? Are there any drawbacks to doing this?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

This was awesome. I've never thought of finding a way to make your engine not shut off unitl you posted this.

I did it during my lunch break, took about 5 minutes and worked perfectly. I didn't undo any tape or anthing, and i ingored the LED, as someone on AFM said they did that. Just listen for the horn and follow the instructions.

I just looke dunder the wheel and the overide button was staring me in the face. I just put the key in and reached under and did what the instructions said.

The only drawback is apparently if you use the my key feature, it disables it, as that is why the engine cut off. So if you don't want to speed limit kids or others when they drive your car etc, then there doesn't seem to be any drawback.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
Oh, I saw that, didn't think thats what it was. I will go ahead and try it. So, when you remote start it, you can get in, put in your key, and drive without having to restart the engine? Are there any drawbacks to doing this?
Yes,

You just put your key in, turn it to on, and drive off. Only drawback is if you use the my key feature, it disengages it where you can't use it anymore. (haven't verified but it was on another forum) and i don't use that feature.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok, I just tried it and it didn't work. When I try to remote start it, it just beeps then waits, then beeps 4 times. And now or won't start at a with the remote.

I tried it twice and I don't know what im doing wrong. Help!!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Nevermind, I fixed it. I just had to hit the remote start button in between the 1st and 2nd brake hit. Then follow the rest of the instructions. Works great!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang