Dumb Pullover - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013

Personally, I don't like having my time wasted. When I'm driving somewhere, there's usually a point to it. If the cop is going to detain me for an imaginary reason that they made up, that would irritate me.

I also don't like being lied to. If the cop pulls me over for no reason, and then feeds me a lie he just concocted out of thin air, that's going to turn the irritation into anger.

I don't think anyone's "crying". I think the op has a legitimate complaint. While you give the cop the benefit of the doubt based on whatever your imagination can dream up in the cop's defense, I'll deal with facts. At this point I think you're either biased, or naive.
Very well said, totally agree.
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
90% of cops are a holes NUFF said.. Don't care about your well being only their own glory. Go arrest some criminals instead of Knit picking stupid crap that doesn't matter. My dad has a saying, there's a piss ant law for everything. So true, they can pull you over for anything and make up a law, and it will actually be a fine print law somewhere. Smh.

I know one cop that is cool and down to earth, not lookin down on you. Was a real cool guy to me. Even he pulled me over for havin one of my 2 bulbs for my license plate gone out. Was a chill dude tho. Not an *** asking to search my car like all the rest.

2003 Mustang GT (Sold)
1999 35th Anniversary V6(SOLD)
V6 stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:03 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Re: Dumb Pullover

warning = no problems

you said you were just "Cruising down the road chillin" doesn't sound like you were in a rush to anywhere or had a point of driving other than to drive, so no time wasted right? lol

can a mod/admin remove this pointless thread....

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

That's actually kind of funny in a way I would never think of there actually being a day where a cop thought I was the guy robbing some place haha

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

+1

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Trust me I'm right there with you I've had so many pullovers I lost count probably in the twenties at least!!

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Hahaha +1 I'm 19 and I definitely wouldn't of said that
Pretty shure that's what you were thinking tho. Even thought I hate cops with a burning passion.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

why do you hate cops?
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
why do you hate cops?
Around here they will spotlight you while your driving or even on your own porch.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

lol is that all? ok well i think that did it for me. this thread has finally reached a new level. you guys have a good night
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts

Around here they will spotlight you while your driving or even on your own porch.
Also I drove from watonga to Woodward like 100 miles with a Sheriff on my *** the whole way. He wouldn't pass when it went to 2 lanes or when I would get over when nobody was coming.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
lol is that all? ok well i think that did it for me. this thread has finally reached a new level. you guys have a good night
Look into a spotlight directly real quick and tell me you could drive after that.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #44
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

That's actually kind of funny in a way I would never think of there actually being a day where a cop thought I was the guy robbing some place haha

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

+1

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Trust me I'm right there with you I've had so many pullovers I lost count probably in the twenties at least!!

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Hahaha +1 I'm 19 and I definitely wouldn't of said that
Dang in the twenties? What do You do to get pulled over.

I've never been pulled over once, I've been driving for almost 9 years.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts

Also I drove from watonga to Woodward like 100 miles with a Sheriff on my *** the whole way. He wouldn't pass when it went to 2 lanes or when I would get over when nobody was coming.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Look into a spotlight directly real quick and tell me you could drive after that.
I had that happen a few days ago. But thankfully it was about 5-6 miles.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013
Cops have a job to do. Pulling you over for a "dusty plate" isn't one of them... You guys are defending the cop, but you don't realize that the cop could have been saving someone's life instead of harassing someone else.

I'm not a teenager, either.
Best post ever. I'm fine with cops pulling people over for a legitimate reason, but a lot of times it's not the case and is really just harassment.
D2theJ2theC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Dang in the twenties? What do You do to get pulled over.

I've never been pulled over once, I've been driving for almost 9 years.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I had that happen a few days ago. But thankfully it was about 5-6 miles.
Pretty much nothing most of the time like "stopped too far over the white line" or "turned left into the outside lane" or maybe no license plate sometimes or like too dark of tint on my truck even though the meter said 31% haha and he didn't even say anything about my purple hids!?!?! Or pulling into a closed gas station at 1 in the morning "suspiciously" hahaha and a bunch of other stuff
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

I used to get pulled over in my Subaru all the time. I'm 25 and have been pulled over at least 30 times. I hated the pat downs. The least they could have done was let a female cop do it. All those times I've only had two tickets.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I had a citizen on patrol pull me over today as I was leaving my job at Kroger at 11:15 at night. the lady wanted to know why I was leaving work at such a late time. I was like cause I work night shifts and she didn't even believe me!? like I was still in my shirt and name badge on and everything so I went back in with her to prove her wrong.. lol! when she pulled me over I asked to see a badge and everything and she said she was just a citizen on patrol trying to keep the city safe! like seriously... no. out of the 7 cars in the parking lot, you go after the kid who is getting off work and waste 30 minutes of his damn life. like cmon... use your brains.. in a 16 year old kid in a work shirt. Rage of the night complete. lol
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483
I had a citizen on patrol pull me over today as I was leaving my job at Kroger at 11:15 at night. the lady wanted to know why I was leaving work at such a late time. I was like cause I work night shifts and she didn't even believe me!? like I was still in my shirt and name badge on and everything so I went back in with her to prove her wrong.. lol! when she pulled me over I asked to see a badge and everything and she said she was just a citizen on patrol trying to keep the city safe! like seriously... no. out of the 7 cars in the parking lot, you go after the kid who is getting off work and waste 30 minutes of his damn life. like cmon... use your brains.. in a 16 year old kid in a work shirt. Rage of the night complete. lol
Yeah, it will probably happen a lot. I noticed they target the younger crowd a lot. Like pulling them over will set them straight or something. Also, they hate red for whatever reason. It happens late at night mostly when all the donut shops are closed.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #50
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Pretty much nothing most of the time like "stopped too far over the white line" or "turned left into the outside lane" or maybe no license plate sometimes or like too dark of tint on my truck even though the meter said 31% haha and he didn't even say anything about my purple hids!?!?! Or pulling into a closed gas station at 1 in the morning "suspiciously" hahaha and a bunch of other stuff
They must hate you. Cause I do that everyday. And I have 20% tint. Sounds like the local Barney Fife at work.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by emery2483
I'm a really nice guy, and would not disrespect a woman by cursing her out, but I would've said, lady what is your ****ing problem?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wait wait wait!!!

No one even sees the bigger picture about this story.......

Your plates were dusty... so dusty they were unable to read?
Which means you car is dirty and probably haven't washed it in a long time??????

Take pride in your mustang!!!!
Wash it!

I say today get out and wash it, wax it, clean the engine bay and vacuum the inside! Its a regular task for me.

Then you wont get pulled over for dirty plates

Plus you got no ticket.... so stop complaining. Just saying
Old 08-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've been close to being caught for doing donuts in my high school parking lot. The cop followed me to my buddies place with no lights on and just stared at me when I got out. Needless to say, I was scared ****less
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey18
Wait wait wait!!!

No one even sees the bigger picture about this story.......

Your plates were dusty... so dusty they were unable to read?
Which means you car is dirty and probably haven't washed it in a long time??????

Take pride in your mustang!!!!
Wash it!

I say today get out and wash it, wax it, clean the engine bay and vacuum the inside! Its a regular task for me.

Then you wont get pulled over for dirty plates

Plus you got no ticket.... so stop complaining. Just saying
My car stays clean. Yes it's dusty but the plates aren't so much that you can't read them. It's hard to keep a near clean car on a dirt path.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

Those aren't "nothing". Being too far over the line, on a road or? Car can hit you. Stopped you for your own safety. Turning onto the wrong lane can cause an accident if another car is turning from the other direction. Yes you didn't see anyone coming but the rule is there for a reason. Again that was for your own safety. No license plate? Well why don't you have a plate? Cops need to see the plate clearly. If they can't read it then they don't know who's in the car and whether that person is a bolo or if it's a stolen car or whatever. Going into a closed gas station at night? That sounds a bit suspicious to me. What reason would you have for that? Might be legit but that's why they check.

None of you have any idea how anything works. Rules are all there for a reason. Could be for your safety, others or the officer. I'd say most are made because something has happened before. They aren't just made to be annoying. Also, you all know that cops don't just create laws right? They're just doing there job. From small things to big things, laws need to be enforced. What would happen to you if you didn't do your job? And you just skipped the "little" things. You'd probably be fired just like they would. Everything they do comes from higher up the chain. They deal with a lot. From everyday civilians to there own bosses. I'm sure you all know how "bad" some bosses can be.

Now their are bad cops out there. I won't deny that. Fact of the matter is they're just everyday people trying to make a living. It's a secure job with good benefits and you can make pretty good money. No different from anyone else just doing there job. In every workplace you have good and bad bosses, you have people that do what they're supposed to and theres others that cause trouble and etc... But crying & complaining doesn't do anyone any good and only makes you look childish. That's just my opinion :/
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
have nothing against cops my older bro is one. but i got pulled over a year or so ago when i had my pick-up, for having 2 passengers. the truck had a bench seat with 3 seat belts. the officer said a lap belt was not enough for the middle passenger. it needed to be a 3 point seat belt. I nicely told the officer the truck like this from the factory. he then told me to not let him catch me again with 2 passengers..... after 30 minutes he let me go with a warning.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991
have nothing against cops my older bro is one. but i got pulled over a year or so ago when i had my pick-up, for having 2 passengers. the truck had a bench seat with 3 seat belts. the officer said a lap belt was not enough for the middle passenger. it needed to be a 3 point seat belt. I nicely told the officer the truck like this from the factory. he then told me to not let him catch me again with 2 passengers..... after 30 minutes he let me go with a warning.
That's just ridiculous
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtibbz22 View Post
Run for sheriff

pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtin1991 View Post
That is ridiculous. You'll find, a lot of police officers don't know the laws like they should. I could go up one side and down the other with legalities on firearms for my state and I bet most police don't even know them.

There are several ways to handle an officer. However, this is what you should do: Be polite. If they're nice, they'll return the favor, if they're a dick, you won't change their mind by returning the attitude. If they're arguing something you believe to be right (especially things that are right, like the seat belt story above), feel free to point it out in a calm manner. If you get off with a warning: chances are they're either too proud to admit they're wrong and making an excuse (he probably thought he was going to get you on a no seat belt citation for the middle person). If they give you a ticket, take it to the judge and argue it. Things like the above will get thrown out so quick its not even funny.

Being a police officer is like any other job, but they deal with a lot more **** than most. Respect them and be nice. If they're truly ********, you'll know it and know to watch out for those officers in particular.

Most deputies are appointed by the Sheriff. For that reason, they're usually the ones with the largest attitude problems because they're friends/family and not there based on talent. Be extra cautious of them compared to the rest.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It comes with the car.
Dtibbz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I get pulled over all the time in my 13 for my tai lights being tinted and every time they give me a ticket but loose in court because it's factory the cops in Arizona are stupid. My 07gt you can hardly see the taillights they are so dark and cops never say a word
OneSick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Lol... Pontiac always factory tinted their tails on a few vehicles. I bet they ticket those guys too.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #62
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
Lol... Pontiac always factory tinted their tails on a few vehicles. I bet they ticket those guys too.
Haha yes the Grand Prix for one!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang