2013 Tail lights - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
2013 Tail lights

If at any point any of you guys with the 2013's plan to change your tail lights for something else and want to sell yours, please let me know!! I'll buy them from you, if you're asking a reasonable price of course. Just throwing this out there Thanks!!!
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

I don't just love the new Mustangs, I love old school too!
NoisyPony2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: 2013 Tail lights

I saw a set on ebay a few weeks ago and I think they wanted $875 for them. Yikes. The rear bumper will also have a gap on the lower side as the 10+ cars have a pointier bottom that the 13 doesn't have. I have seen a conversion with the 12 bumper and the gap wasnt horrible but it was on a black car so harder to see.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
I saw a set on ebay a few weeks ago and I think they wanted $875 for them. Yikes. The rear bumper will also have a gap on the lower side as the 10+ cars have a pointier bottom that the 13 doesn't have. I have seen a conversion with the 12 bumper and the gap wasnt horrible but it was on a black car so harder to see.
Considering it would be $1800 from the dealer, that's not horrible. But dang it, I didn't know about the gap...I want to get the painted tail light accents, so I wonder if that may help offset it?
Mods- BBK chrome CAI, 3.7 gears, SCT #3000 tuner, SLP Loudmouth tips (dual) with x-pipe from the cats= straight-piped exhaust= one noisy pony!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Black cars it's not too noticeable. Honestly, if someone made small triangular fillers, you could use that to fill the gap. The '13s go straight across while the '10-12 have that downward dip. I doubt I'll ever get rid of mine. These are my 2nd most favorite factory tail lights, behind the Charger/Dart.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just wait for AM's replicas to come out. Last I heard they should be out soon but I gotta check again with them because it's been awhile now.. Not sure if I'd get them though. I'm not crazy about them. I like my raxioms. I could change my mind though
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Just wait for AM's replicas to come out. Last I heard they should be out soon but I gotta check again with them because it's been awhile now.. Not sure if I'd get them though. I'm not crazy about them. I like my raxioms. I could change my mind though
They're making replicas? No way! I'll keep an eye out for them. I really don't like the raxiom tail lights they have for the 2010...not sure I'm fond of the reverse lights in the bottom. At first I was ok with them, but as I looked at more pics I no longer was considering it. Then I saw the 2013's and I totally love them. AM has a set of raxiom headlamps with black and halo's that are on my wish list. Sucks I'd have to take the entire front bumper off for install though :/

Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's what they told me. But I love the raxiom tails. I actually like the placement of the backup lights. Plus not many people have them so they're different.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2682410393.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	63076  
Old 08-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

You could always tint the backup light. Might look better. I may try it and see if I like it or not.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Did you tint them yourself? They look better like that actually...I don't remember if I saw tinted ones on AM....? Have to look again.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010
Did you tint them yourself? They look better like that actually...I don't remember if I saw tinted ones on AM....? Have to look again.
No these ones came smoked. They've got smoked or non.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #11

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyPony2010

They're making replicas? No way! I'll keep an eye out for them. I really don't like the raxiom tail lights they have for the 2010...not sure I'm fond of the reverse lights in the bottom. At first I was ok with them, but as I looked at more pics I no longer was considering it. Then I saw the 2013's and I totally love them. AM has a set of raxiom headlamps with black and halo's that are on my wish list. Sucks I'd have to take the entire front bumper off for install though :/
I put the raxioms headlights on mine and it wasn't too bad. I had to do it twice actually bc the LED strip on the bottom went out on one of them. But the first time I did it, it took me a few hours but the second time it took about an hour. It really isn't that difficult to do. It is well worth it though. I like them a lot
Thedarknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

[QUOTE=NoisyPony2010;AM has a set of raxiom headlamps with black and halo's that are on my wish list. Sucks I'd have to take the entire front bumper off for install though :/[/QUOTE]

Removing the front bumper isn't really too bad. It sounds like a lot of work but it is really just a few bolts and screws. I thought the same but once I decided to do it I was really surprised at how easy it was. You just need a few sockets, screwdrivers, a space big enough to work, one other person to help pull the cover off and on (so you dont damage it) and a soft place to put it down once it is off. The lights are just a couple of bolts that hold them in and are easily accessible once the cover is removed.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang