What to do next? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
What to do next?

New wheels(19" saleens, amr or gt500)? or, 4.10 gears & tuner and possibly a DS if I have enough. Not really liking the look of my 18's now :/ but some quicker acceleration would be nice as well. A tuner is looooong overdue as well. Wheels would actually be the cheaper option since I can sell my current. Plus would like to save for a vaca. Me and my GF need one. Think my GF would kill me if I spent all my $$ on my car lol. Looks/vaca/happy gf or performance?
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: What to do next?

All 3 of those wheel choices are great and also on my list. As far as choices as to where you spend your money, you're the one that has to deal with her not me. I'm in a similar boat and I'll probably still pick vacation over the car. We'll see.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah gf wants to go away for her bday. I told her a vaca or some gifts. A few gifts is a lot cheaper then a vaca and will give me extra spending money So I'll have to see what she wants to do.

Gears and tuner would run me around $800-$900 which isn't bad. New wheels/tires would be around $1400 and could then sell my current. I guess either way I'd be spending about the same after all said and done. It's a tough choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
New wheels(19" saleens, amr or gt500)? or, 4.10 gears & tuner and possibly a DS if I have enough. Not really liking the look of my 18's now :/ but some quicker acceleration would be nice as well. A tuner is looooong overdue as well. Wheels would actually be the cheaper option since I can sell my current. Plus would like to save for a vaca. Me and my GF need one. Think my GF would kill me if I spent all my $$ on my car lol. Looks/vaca/happy gf or performance?
Don't get me wrong I like Mustangs, but I'd go vacation! It's fun to get away.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Don't get me wrong I like Mustangs, but I'd go vacation! It's fun to get away.
I think either way I can go on the vacation after pricing everything out. So tuner/4.10's or wheels?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
I think either way I can go on the vacation after pricing everything out. So tuner/4.10's or wheels?
Depends, would you rather go performance or looks? Personally i would go with the 4.10s and tuner.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

As great as toys/cars/material things are, nothing really gives you the bang for your buck like good life experiences and memories, spend that time with her, enjoy it, come home relaxed and ready to work to make more $$ and continue modding the stang.

Now the real guy talk....while your on vacation it will clear your head to prioritize your build. Once you return from your vacation, she will be so enamoured with your wonderful time she will be much more enthusiastic about your 4.10 gears, and help you sell your wheels. She will then give you more "motivation" to work overtime/make more money, then the extra dough will kick in for the wheels/tuner. Once its all said and done, she will still be happy from the vaca, and your stang will be smoking hot, and you will have a whole YEAR before she talks about another vacation. BAM.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Depends, would you rather go performance or looks? Personally i would go with the 4.10s and tuner.
I want both lol, that's why I'm asking you guys

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

And good point stig^^
Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Just get the tune first. And go on vacation. It'll add the "funfactor" you're looking for in both scenarios and won't break the bank. You can always adjust for the gears with the tune later. And add the treads later...
AND it's highly suggest that you upgrade DS for gears above 3.73 on our cars, so maybe get those together? It'll also allow you to really notice what the tuner is adding and what gears will add...

My .02 but I've probably added another.08 so let's just make it a dime haha
w4fang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

May just go on the vacation. Try to limit my spending and see how much I have when I get back. Thinking about keeping my 18's up front and just swapping to 19's for the rear as soon as AM gets them in matte black. Should look fine. The fronts look good as they fill the wheel well nicely. It's just the rears that look too small. 19's should fill the gap nicely and save me a few bucks. Just getting two wheels as opposed to 4. And I would like the DS when upgrading my gears. It's not necessary but more for piece of mind. Why not throw in a torsen while I'm at it? So much to do... lol
Old 08-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Wait, what do you mean the 19s will fill it better? Are you planning on increasing the TOTAL diameter of the rear wheels? If you don't keep the total diameter (which you can calculate with a tire calculator) wouldn't you want to keep it as close to stock diameter as possible? meaning shorter side wall. I think 19's look awesome but only with lowering springs
w4fang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4fang22
Wait, what do you mean the 19s will fill it better? Are you planning on increasing the TOTAL diameter of the rear wheels? If you don't keep the total diameter (which you can calculate with a tire calculator) wouldn't you want to keep it as close to stock diameter as possible? meaning shorter side wall. I think 19's look awesome but only with lowering springs
I'm running 18" saleens. Just gonna grab 19's for the rears. And I am lowered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-331691376.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	668.8 KB
ID:	63272  
Old 08-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You can see how well the fronts looks. I just think it'll look better w/ 19's out back. Not 100% decided but that's what I'm thinking
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

So, I decided. 4.10's gears, and Steeda LCA's, UCA's and tuner. Hoping to get the DS as soon as my bonus check gets in. Which is hopefully soon as I want to get everything installed at the same time. To anyone who's installed the DS or is knowledgeable, are the safety loops necessary? I'm sure they're recommend but if your cars not being tracked right now do you need them? Or can it wait? Thanks.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Safety loops prevent a broken driveshaft from banging your car to bits. It's in your interest to get one if you're pushing the limits.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
Safety loops prevent a broken driveshaft from banging your car to bits. It's in your interest to get one if you're pushing the limits.
Yes, but don't plan on really pushing it's limits right now which is why I'm asking. I actually found it a bit cheaper so I'll probably get it anyway. Better safe than sorry and since I plan on getting it anyway, might as well just get it now.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Im still lovin those quad tips....
Old 08-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Im still lovin those quad tips....
Lol, thanks man!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I want quad tips.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Dude, your car already looks sick and I'm sure you're catching **** from the gf on all that you already dropped on the car. Enjoy a vaca and hit it back up next Spring, that's my plan.

And I +1 Stig's comment...

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin
I want quad tips.
Noooo!!!! They're all mine!!!

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04
Dude, your car already looks sick and I'm sure you're catching **** from the gf on all that you already dropped on the car. Enjoy a vaca and hit it back up next Spring, that's my plan.

And I +1 Stig's comment...
I'm going on vaca too I placed the order already for the upper and lower control arms, gears and the tuner. Can't wait to get it all on! And I don't get too much crap from her. I usually get her a little something to shut her up
Old 08-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Noooo!!!! They're all mine!!!

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I'm going on vaca too I placed the order already for the upper and lower control arms, gears and the tuner. Can't wait to get it all on! And I don't get too much crap from her. I usually get her a little something to shut her up
Ahh! Finally getting that tune???? Lol
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fultonboy09

Ahh! Finally getting that tune???? Lol
Yeah I know. It's soooo long overdue it's not even funny..
Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

To add to this, you guys think I should do some kind of striping on my car or leave it with the clean look? I like the clean look but I just feel that the grabber needs something? What you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-595655160.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	800.3 KB
ID:	64983   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1795065622.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	870.0 KB
ID:	64984  

Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
To add to this, you guys think I should do some kind of striping on my car or leave it with the clean look? I like the clean look but I just feel that the grabber needs something? What you all think?
wrap the roof and spoiler in black vinyl
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Looks fine the way it is. Add stripes if you want to.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

maybe the c stripe form the boss, rtr strike package new on am, or some normal stripes super snake
toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

No stripes. Maybe a fender emblem....put "cyclone" lol
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Not a major stipe kit like mine but nothing like a rocker panel. They look cheesy to me. Maybe hood accents and a 3.7 badge in black or chrome and paint it black so it's black chrome.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Hmmm, it looks nice the way it is right now! It may look better with some black on the grabber blue. Maybe a stream line stripe or black window louvers? It would be cool to have some black mixed into the body with out overdoing it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
Good idea! But it may look like the Camaro fender emblem...?

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
haha works every time

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

I would do the gears, DS and tune first. That said also, The bigger wheel will change the pickup of the car because you are going to change the rotational mass. Going from 1" to 20"s once, They killed my low rpm. Good choices on the wheels Cant go wrong with either. I have been considering stripes as well. I can't decide. My car is white and I think needs stripes and I will get some but I can't decide on the color. I know I want the GT500 Performance Pack stripes or the RTR side stripes. I think the stripes on GB look great and it does make the color jump out even more. I say go for it.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig
Well, I've got the plates that say it and don't want to overdue the whole cyclone theme. I'm actually going into a "steeda cyclone" theme as I'm looking to get mostly steeda parts for my car and will be tuned by them. So I'd like to do some kinda steeda emblem or something. Would like their oval center caps on my wheels. Maybe a rear faux emblem if they could do it :/ I could maybe get a custom 3rd brake light that says "cyclone"?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
Not a major stipe kit like mine but nothing like a rocker panel. They look cheesy to me. Maybe hood accents and a 3.7 badge in black or chrome and paint it black so it's black chrome.
Yeah, I've thought about the hood accents and fender badge. It's a maybe. I like how that adds a little something w/o having too much. Although the C-stripe is pretty cool and would probably be nice with the cyclone theme. "C" stands for "cyclone" But not sure I want that much on my car.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04
Hmmm, it looks nice the way it is right now! It may look better with some black on the grabber blue. Maybe a stream line stripe or black window louvers? It would be cool to have some black mixed into the body with out overdoing it...
Yeah, I want something subtle. I don't want add toomuch as I like the clean look. Window louvers are a possiblity as are cervinis side scoops which look pretty sweet. But yeah, it needs just a little something imo

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
I would do the gears, DS and tune first. That said also, The bigger wheel will change the pickup of the car because you are going to change the rotational mass. Going from 1" to 20"s once, They killed my low rpm. Good choices on the wheels Cant go wrong with either. I have been considering stripes as well. I can't decide. My car is white and I think needs stripes and I will get some but I can't decide on the color. I know I want the GT500 Performance Pack stripes or the RTR side stripes. I think the stripes on GB look great and it does make the color jump out even more. I say go for it.
The gears and tuner have already been ordered alone with upper and lower control arms. Wheels can wait since I do have aftermarket ones already so it's not really needed right away. I love em just need some 19's in the back to fill the gap better. Maybe next spring I'll do it. I'm waiting on a bonus check to come in so I could order the DS. Which hopefully is soon as I want to get everything installed together :/
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well, I've got the plates that say it and don't want to overdue the whole cyclone theme. I'm actually going into a "steeda cyclone" theme as I'm looking to get mostly steeda parts for my car and will be tuned by them. So I'd like to do some kinda steeda emblem or something. Would like their oval center caps on my wheels. Maybe a rear faux emblem if they could do it :/ I could maybe get a custom 3rd brake light that says "cyclone"?

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Yeah, I've thought about the hood accents and fender badge. It's a maybe. I like how that adds a little something w/o having too much. Although the C-stripe is pretty cool and would probably be nice with the cyclone theme. "C" stands for "cyclone" But not sure I want that much on my car.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Yeah, I want something subtle. I don't want add toomuch as I like the clean look. Window louvers are a possiblity as are cervinis side scoops which look pretty sweet. But yeah, it needs just a little something imo
Trust me. It'll get peoples attention. And it covers the entire side of the car from that first body ridge all the way down to the rocker panel and even that piece on the rear bumper. It's up to you if you want custom lettering in it. I decided not to do the boss 227 in the stripe since I'd probably get hate from a boss owner. But it would be cool to put cyclone in it.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Nice ride. I like the dual tips as well. I like the Boss 227 idea. They make so many variations of mustangs that they will think there really is a Boss 227. Tell them it's 1 of 300 lol. They make a V6 Shelby why not a V6 Boss.

The stripes def makes the car look more aggressive.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11
Nice ride. I like the dual tips as well. I like the Boss 227 idea. They make so many variations of mustangs that they will think there really is a Boss 227. Tell them it's 1 of 300 lol. They make a V6 Shelby why not a V6 Boss.

The stripes def makes the car look more aggressive.
Well there is one boss around where I live. I'm the only mock up I know of in my area. And with 305 hp and dual tips people think its a v8. I forgot the site I was on that offered custom boss striping. It took about 5 seconds to find and they offered any color and any finish.(gloss,matte, semi, reflective)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang