Help!! Looking for an CAI for my car. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Help!! Looking for an CAI for my car.

Hey guys/gals. I've been searching for a Cold air intake to install into my 2012 V6 Mustang for a while now and can't seem to find a reasonably good price, yet amazing sounding one. I already am thinking bout getting a Borla Atak Axelback exhaust, and wanted a CAI to go with it. If anyone can help me find one, it would be much appreciated
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: Help!! Looking for an CAI for my car.

go with the steeda CAI, thir CAI provides the most hp and torque gains over any other CAI, but they require a tune (because of the larger piping). The tune will also help, unless you plan on keeping your warranty.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The steeda sound amazing, but still I'm not quite sure about them. I was looking into the airaid, jlt, or injen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

well i wouldn't know about the others. i bit the bullet and went with the steeda
i'm pretty impressed with the gains
Old 08-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #5

Region: Arizona

go with the bbk from Americanmuscle; it does not require a tune, comes in black or chrome, easy to install and immediate improvement to throttle response. installed our second one (first was 05 4.0) and is by far the best buy.
94gter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #6

Region: Illinois
I just put on the k&n typhoon 69 today... it was super easy! I'm also gonna go with a new throttle body, and a full borla exhaust system for my 2012. Btw throttle response is awesome and surprisingly it made it sound even better!
rms_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

If you're gonna spend the money for a Borla catback, you might as well get the Steeda CAI with tuner because the tune will accommodate the catback also. You'll be making decent numbers and you'll easily shut down the stock '12 V6's in your area.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I just put on a Airaid Cai and had a tune made for it from my Sct bama tuner. Car sounds great with cai and pulls like a beast. I'm thrilled with the airaid and also currently a 50.00 manufacturers rebate on the Airaid cai. Order from American Muscle. They are awesome
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
If you're gonna spend the money for a Borla catback, you might as well get the Steeda CAI with tuner because the tune will accommodate the catback also. You'll be making decent numbers and you'll easily shut down the stock '12 V6's in your area.
Call me the v6 killers cuz I make a killin!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

But in all seriousness
Like 2 people have upgraded their mustangs over here :/

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
But in all seriousness
Like 2 people have upgraded their mustangs over here :/
Limestone however has a larger mustang community
Old 08-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

So I was reading the post, I replaced my stock mufflers for some Magnaflo Bullets, will the BBK from AM be a good buy, or what do you recommend, I am also new to the mustang family, I bought mine last year and the Bullets is the only mod I have done, and for now I want something that stays within the warranty.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

eBay sometimes has a good deal on intakes. I got a C&L for 1/3 of the actual price and works as if new. I'm impressed with it.
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Buy from American Muscle... Help out the sites sponsor... So we can continue to get a discount. Not to mention American Muscle keeps track of all your parts you buy for your mustang and when the day comes you want a tune they can down load the proper tunes for your vehicle setup.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
When u have enough post AM will give u a discount too.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Nothing wrong with eBay but I love American Muscle. There my choice to buy from. There awesome and no I don't work for them. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

it's 50 posts, right?
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Dont recall how many it was. They will tell you . Jist shoot em a pm. I think dan was the guys name i spoke with. All really good people.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Hey guys!

That's right, we do have a forum discount for you guys with 50+ posts on here. If you're over 50, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up!

Also, all the CAI's listed in this thread are top-notch. You'll be very happy with any of them. My personal vote is for Airaid though. They make a killer setup that doesn't require a tune, yet definitely benefits from one, and has a nice clean factory look in your engine bay. We run Airaid on most of our Project cars with zero issues, let alone the thousands we sell to the public, with nothing but excellent feedback!

Hope this helps you decision Fastv6!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I was leaning more towards the airaid CAI for the 2013 v6 mustang. You say there's no need for a tune for this, although i heard you should (or you else you can't feel the difference). I saw a video where justin was talking to the airaid guy and a BAMA tune 87? How does the performance compare CAI+tune vs CAI+NO tune? do both situations have the same increase in throttle response? I understand the tune will increase the power band throughout. Just curious if the CAI only will do that too. i guess my point is, i am weiry of tuning my car voidin the warrenty, but i read through the forum and people say def get a tune..u'll feel a fun change. I would only get a 87 tune if did. suggestions?

all this assuming stock v6 w/ performance package, stock exhaust. will the CAI change the sound to be a little meaner?
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

U will hear the cai make a little whistle when u take off. It did seem to make it a hair louder on my roush ab. But once u hit 2500 & up rpms u can feel it a bit. Or i like to think i could . The 2mpg i get.is what i notice.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Flashjmg,

A CAI/Tune will provide you with more HP and Torque gains over just a standard CAI without a tune. This Cold Air Intake is so effective at improving airflow into the 3.7L engine that a performance tune is not just recommended, it is required for maximum performance.

Our tunes are very safe and we stand behind our tunes 100%. We have not had any issues with our Steeda CAI/Tune installed on a consumers car- 0. The forums can back this up.

Also, just because you install an aftermarket part on your car does not mean you automatically void the warranty. If there were a failure then an investigation would have to take place in order for them to prove that indeed that part caused that failure. Its not just as easy to say that just because a part is installed on a consumers car that the warranty is void.

And yes.. the Steeda CAI/tune will wake up your car.

Do a search on youtube for Steeda 3.7L V6 Cold air intake on start up and you will see a couple nice videos.

Best Regards,

TJ
tim@steeda.com
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you all for the help. I figured with going for the airaid cai, and later on getting a tune for it!

But what do you know just my luck, they ran out on AmericanMuscle
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

i understand that it is better to get a tune+CAI, i just don't want to run my engine hotter than normal if it can't handle it in the long run. i expect to run this car for 200k miles I figured a CAI only w/o tune is what airaid advertises, but i'm curious from the ME members if they tried CAI and then CAI+tune and felt a difference
Old 08-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It shouldn't make the car run hotter. The concept behind intake/exhaust upgrades is that you are making the engine breathe easier over the more restrictive
stock setup, resulting in more power. I have the airaid on my car that I purchased from AM. Airaid is a high quality product that is proven to be trouble free. It may increase hp but not by a noticeable amount on it's own. It will make the car run differently, for the better in ny opinion. In all honesty, you need a tune as well if you are looking for a real gain in power.

Run a search for my rant on this subject
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #25

Region: Illinois
The only thing I've noticed is that I'm running a few more rmps (maybe 100-200). And I'm guessing its because I have better inflow, and my exhaust is still restricted because of factory exhaust. But you will not run hotter.
rms_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

colder air = more air molecules packed into the cylinder = bigger explosion. by hotter i mean run harder...guess that does also mean physically hotter temperature-wise.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai