Weird clicking/ticking noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Weird clicking/ticking noise

I have a '12 V6. For the last month or so I've been driven crazy by this weird clicking/ticking/ tapping noise. It's coming from the rear passenger side windshield area. I hear it all the time, especially it the street is bumpy. I took it to the dealer and of course they didn't hear it. Just wondering if anyone else experienced that as well or maybe can help me give the dealer an accurate description.

Thanks
Notjust4boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Weird clicking/ticking noise

Narrow it down. I heard a crazy humming vibrating sound on highway with wind, i thought my tires were screwed but after a few days of scratching my head i narrowed it down to a loose front fender near the a pillar. The dealer fixed it for me now its fine.

Go around the trouble area and just press/wiggle on things. Also double check that your rear seats are fully latched in
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

hmmm. could be bad strut mounts or front lower control arms - read here 2013 V6 lower table-control arm replacement?
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #4

Region: California

Just bought a slightly used 2012 V6- have been having a similar noise only at higher speeds outside my driver window- am now convinced its the outer shell of the door handle- have not try to figure out a fix yet though- too busy!
BlackV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #5

Thanks for the advice. I'll be making an appearance at the dealer.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

I know this is going to sound crazy and kinda stupid, but I had this reoccurring issue too coming from around the same area in the interior. I looked into it a little more and I could hear a ticking while driving. After 2 minutes of thinking about it, I open my glove box and it was the zipper from the owners manual. After moving the manual around, the ticking went away.

I don't know if your noise is coming from inside or out, but you never know what it could be!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #7

It doesn't sound weird. I had already checked there and everywhere else inside the car.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #8

Finally got the problem fixed!! I took it to my dealer and It was just a piece of plastic inside of the rear interior wall panel. They added some extra insulation and problem solved. I'm so glad the mystery is over!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Cool.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have been having the most annoying whistling noise come from my drivers window recently. it only happens when it is really windy or if there is even a slight crosswind on the freeway (so, all the time in FL). It's pretty obviously the window or the seal causing this. If I push my fingers into the seal the whistling will go away but I can also feel the window flexing in and out with the outside air pressure. So, either the seal or the window has too much play on it's track.... oh mr.dealer, I have a warranty job for you.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
hmmm. could be bad strut mounts or front lower control arms - read here 2013 V6 lower table-control arm replacement?
I got those replaced too but that was unrelated to the interior noise. I still have 70000 miles left on my warranty so, if there are anymore squeaks , I will be at the dealer ASAP.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Finally found out where my noise was coming from . It's the interior light housing . I guess it's vibrating off of the roof.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
I have been having the most annoying whistling noise come from my drivers window recently. it only happens when it is really windy or if there is even a slight crosswind on the freeway (so, all the time in FL). It's pretty obviously the window or the seal causing this. If I push my fingers into the seal the whistling will go away but I can also feel the window flexing in and out with the outside air pressure. So, either the seal or the window has too much play on it's track.... oh mr.dealer, I have a warranty job for you.
funny id love to bother my dealer if i ever have problems. and that whistling is annoying its really bad in gmc vehicles its done that in all my granddads and brothers new trucks. prolly does it in the over weight fat kid camaro too

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang