Headers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Headers?

Are all headers that are made also made only for a specific x pipe? I was thinking of getting magnaflow competition cat back with a magnaflow x pipe but I was wondering in the future if I would ever be able to add headers? I know at the moment all the headers on the market are made for specific x pipes just wondering of there will ever be a sort of generic one
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Last I saw the Magnaflow X-pipe was $1000. Could get headers and X for that price. Unless you've seen it cheaper?? With headers you would need the corresponding X-pipe, unless you went to an exhaust shop. They could make almost anything work. But if you're planning on headers, you might as well skip the mid-pipe and just save for the combo imo.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Last I saw the Magnaflow X-pipe was $1000. Could get headers and X for that price. Unless you've seen it cheaper?? With headers you would need the corresponding X-pipe, unless you went to an exhaust shop. They could make almost anything work. But if you're planning on headers, you might as well skip the mid-pipe and just save for the combo imo.
Oh ok and I am getting the x pipe through my dealership and they suggested the magnaflow one but I don't think it's the high flow one but I can't seem to find another one which is confusing to say the least haha but now I know and I guess I'll go with a combo but I also was wondering why borla x pipe that comes with headers is 2.25 isn't that the same as stock? Seems pretty pointless to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

Oh ok and I am getting the x pipe through my dealership and they suggested the magnaflow one but I don't think it's the high flow one but I can't seem to find another one which is confusing to say the least haha but now I know and I guess I'll go with a combo but I also was wondering why borla x pipe that comes with headers is 2.25 isn't that the same as stock? Seems pretty pointless to me
Check out Bassani. You can get a full system from them. Headers, X-pipe, over-axle pipes and axle-backs. Will probably cost you though. Sounds wicked though.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: Headers?

I hate how metallic headers/x or h pipes sound on these cars. Really makes the exhaust go to crap imo.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
So they have to be the same? That sucks I want to get cutouts and saw a pypes all together kit, pipe with cutout and x pipe for pretty cheap, it seemed a better idea to have one weld than 5-6 welds. Plus might be cheaper than getting new pipes from header to muffler
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Check out Bassani. You can get a full system from them. Headers, X-pipe, over-axle pipes and axle-backs. Will probably cost you though. Sounds wicked though.
Ive looked at getting bassaani but I can't find anywhere that sells it besides the axlebacks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang