When to tune? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
When to tune?

Hey guys, new to the forum but I've been reading threads on here for a few months now as I debated on purchasing a 2013 v6. I obviously decided to since I am here right now posting this. I've been researching mods and such and have chosen a few to get me going after the car is delivered in early September. My question is however, when buying a tuner, do I wait to tune after breaking in the tranny a couple thousand miles or can I do it right away?
NakedCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: When to tune?

Tune whenever you want, it doesn't really matter. It just changes some subtle things that have a large impact on performance (timing, torque management, etc). If you drive normal and don't floor it, the only benefit you'll even notice is the better gas mileage from the higher timing.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks a lot for the short, sweet and to the point answer. The gas mileage is definitely a plus as I'm an aggressive when I want to be but an economic driver most of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I couldn't wait I tuned my 13' 5k miles and have been loving it ever since. I'm running a street tune on 89 oct. can't wait till my tank is empty to try the race tune with 93 oct. can only get better I hope.
Jmusc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Great question, you may want to wait till 1,000 miles to see if there are any defects
from the factory. I just turned 10,000 and want to tune mine as well. I'm researching
Bama tuners From AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
Great question, you may want to wait till 1,000 miles to see if there are any defects
from the factory. I just turned 10,000 and want to tune mine as well. I'm researching
Bama tuners From AM.
Thank you sir, that was my big concern. Do I wait to see if there's any issues out of the gate and do i break the car in first? I shall do as you suggest and wait 1,000 miles.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

We have tuned our serialized cars right out of the box and also consumers cars and have not had any issues.

Its all based on personal preference. If you want to wait and see if anything happens then there is no harm in that.

Do some research on Steeda tunes and you will not be disappointed.

Best Regards,

TJ
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang