Decided to get a tuner after all! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Decided to get a tuner after all!

Hey guys just decided that I am going to tune my car after all in a week or two! Thinking of going with the SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner from Bama but I was wondering if its really worth the money just to have it compatible with my iPhone or if I'd be better off just getting the Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner? Any info would be awesome and how easy are they to get programs and plug em into our Mustangs? After this I'm gonna get a CAI for my Stang as well!! And are there other tunes other than the three that they come with?
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Decided to get a tuner after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary View Post
Hey guys just decided that I am going to tune my car after all in a week or two! Thinking of going with the SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner from Bama but I was wondering if its really worth the money just to have it compatible with my iPhone or if I'd be better off just getting the Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner? Any info would be awesome and how easy are they to get programs and plug em into our Mustangs? After this I'm gonna get a CAI for my Stang as well!! And are there other tunes other than the three that they come with?
Rcary,

Great choice, I recommend CAI and Tune to anyone looking to mod they're mustang!

The iTSX and SF3 will both deliver the same tune, its just what device is going to get it there. The iTSX App lets you control the vehicle-tuning and monitoring capabilities of the iTSX Wireless Interface. The iTSX Wireless OBD-II Interface plugs into your vehicle's OBD-II diagnostic connector, and communicates with your Android or Apple device through a Bluetooth wireless connection. The SF3 does a lot of the same things, however you can't few it on your apple/android phone! You can still tune your vehicle, check/clear CEL's, datalogs ect..

For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique set up and intended use, in an easy to use web form. This information allows us to write an entirely custom tune just for your specific vehicle to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible. If you ever add a new mod, just let us know and we'll shoot you a revised file!

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

This is just the beginning of what Bama has to offer! I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Rcary,

Great choice, I recommend CAI and Tune to anyone looking to mod they're mustang!

The iTSX and SF3 will both deliver the same tune, its just what device is going to get it there. The iTSX App lets you control the vehicle-tuning and monitoring capabilities of the iTSX Wireless Interface. The iTSX Wireless OBD-II Interface plugs into your vehicle's OBD-II diagnostic connector, and communicates with your Android or Apple device through a Bluetooth wireless connection. The SF3 does a lot of the same things, however you can't few it on your apple/android phone! You can still tune your vehicle, check/clear CEL's, datalogs ect..

For each and every Bama Tune, we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique set up and intended use, in an easy to use web form. This information allows us to write an entirely custom tune just for your specific vehicle to ensure we deliver the most power and performance possible. If you ever add a new mod, just let us know and we'll shoot you a revised file!

We're constantly developing out custom tunes with the latest and greatest! Between our 14 different AM Mustangs and tons of street/track testing, and constant testing on our DynoJet 224xlc, we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys. Our lead tuner Mike Wilson works hard to give you guys one of the best custom tunes on the market. We're also part of Fords Technology Transfer Program & Work very closely with Ford to insure that all of our tunes are perfect!

This is just the beginning of what Bama has to offer! I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

- Dan
Thanks alot can't wait to order it. Use to be iffy about tunes but I'm gonna give it a try since everyone on here praises them. Just one question is will it affect the life of my mustang down the road or are they a pretty safe mod to have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I thought about getting the iTSX but decided against it. Felt I could use that extra $100 towards a set of gears instead :/ Let us know if you get it though and how it is! Seems like it'd be pretty cool
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
I thought about getting the iTSX but decided against it. Felt I could use that extra $100 towards a set of gears instead :/ Let us know if you get it though and how it is! Seems like it'd be pretty cool
Yea will do. Gonna order it on the 30th when I get my next paycheck or just get the cai and tuner combo pack on AM instead of the itsx
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thought you had a cold air, no? I'd go w/ the BBK blackout though. Looks great w/ the grabber. I plan on swapping my JLT w/ one solely for looks.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Thought you had a cold air, no? I'd go w/ the BBK blackout though. Looks great w/ the grabber. I plan on swapping my JLT w/ one solely for looks.
Naw not yet I was gonna get one but I put a new exhaust on and I had summer classes which took alot out of my bank account but now I'm comfortable with spending money on my stang again and that was the one I want and get a black strut bar after all this to make it look even better
Old 08-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Dang!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Thanks alot can't wait to order it. Use to be iffy about tunes but I'm gonna give it a try since everyone on here praises them. Just one question is will it affect the life of my mustang down the road or are they a pretty safe mod to have?
No our tunes will definitely not effect the longevity of your engine. If anything were going to dial in everything to perfect specs, which will help you in the long run!

I'm glad your going to give a tuner a shot, I'm confident you'll be very happy! Let me know if you ever have any questions.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
if i knew about the iphone one at the time, i would have gotten that. but i didn't, but it's all good. i like the power flash tuner.
congrats on deciding to get a tuner!
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang