What would it take for a 2012 v6 to beat a 2009 v8 ? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirecki

As far as sound, your choice has some value and merit. I did add Roush axle-back exhaust simply to get better sound (and the bonus of minimal hp gain, but that was secondary), but I can tell a difference between the V6 and the V8. I'm sure anyone that knows this stuff can easily tell a tweaked V6 sound from a true V8, and the sound from your true V8 you have really rocks! But the people I know don't have Mustangs and I have fun with it - that's what's important, that I can enjoy it.
I totally agree. I got my Stang for the look and the sound and if I had gotten a V6 I know I could have mad it sound bad *ss, especially to non-mustang people. Trying to be the fastest Stang, V6 or V8 gets old pretty quick as the person with the most money to spend usually wins at the track. Off the track, well legally u can only go so fast without having to worry about cops

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I agree, when it comes to rumble sound the V8 is going to be on top. But the 11 plus V6 has true dual exhaust and it sounds good. For around 400 bucks you can get aftermarket exhaust and really give it a more aggressive sound. If a 11 v6 puts on 3.73 gears, cold air intake and sct bama race tune, its gonna be real close to a 10 gt with same mods. But for thousands less.
I don't disagree with u but at the track I have yet to see a new v6 beat a 06+ GT mod for mod. The 2010 GT only has 10 more horses but 45lbs more torque. If I look at the videos on u tube u will see that the V6 gets beat by 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths Everytime. Driver has a lot to do with it no doubt and if I got best by a new V6 my ego wouldn't be bruised at all as long as it was a Stang!
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight

I totally agree. I got my Stang for the look and the sound and if I had gotten a V6 I know I could have mad it sound bad *ss, especially to non-mustang people. Trying to be the fastest Stang, V6 or V8 gets old pretty quick as the person with the most money to spend usually wins at the track. Off the track, well legally u can only go so fast without having to worry about cops

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I don't disagree with u but at the track I have yet to see a new v6 beat a 06+ GT mod for mod. The 2010 GT only has 10 more horses but 45lbs more torque. If I look at the videos on u tube u will see that the V6 gets beat by 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths Everytime. Driver has a lot to do with it no doubt and if I got best by a new V6 my ego wouldn't be bruised at all as long as it was a Stang!
True that. As long as its a stang. Lol. I do love the 2010 Gt.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

True that. As long as its a stang. Lol. I do love the 2010 Gt.
Thanks bro. I've had mine for only a few months and like I said, if I could go back I might make a different decision and get the new V6. My first Stang was a 190hp 2000 V6 and I loved it!
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight

Thanks bro. I've had mine for only a few months and like I said, if I could go back I might make a different decision and get the new V6. My first Stang was a 190hp 2000 V6 and I loved it!
190 and 305 is a big difference lol but that 31 mpg doesn't last long since I have previous GT power. But these new v6 need 3.31-3.55 to upgrade the lower torque.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
The 31 mpg lasted about 2.5 months for me. Got it geared to 3.73 then got it tuned. Then got a CAI. Bought some Magnaflow Comps in January, and now I get about 21 something mpg average. On the highway, I might be able to average as much as 24 or 25, but that is going around 60mph, and I don't have the patience for it!

Gears and tune made it feel like a completely different car. CAI and exhaust made it sound like a completely different car.

Perf Mods: FRPP 3.73 Gears, 87 Octane Performance Tune from BAMA, Airaid CAI, Magnaflow Comp Axle-backs
Ext Mods: Lower chrome billet grille, Tint
Upcoming Mods: Lowering springs
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning

190 and 305 is a big difference lol but that 31 mpg doesn't last long since I have previous GT power. But these new v6 need 3.31-3.55 to upgrade the lower torque.
Totally agree. My 11 has the stock 2.73 gears and they definitely need to go. I was looking to put 3.73 gears in, instead of 3.55. I think the 3.73 would really compliment the car along with my already airaid cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust and bama 91 performance tune. I go back and forth deciding between 3.55 or 3.73 but really leaning towards the 3.73 because of the 6 speed auto in the 11's.

I can't get 31 MPG because I can't keep my foot light. I'm too much about drive it like you stole it. Lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Totally agree. My 11 has the stock 2.73 gears and they definitely need to go. I was looking to put 3.73 gears in, instead of 3.55. I think the 3.73 would really compliment the car along with my already airaid cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust and bama 91 performance tune. I go back and forth deciding between 3.55 or 3.73 but really leaning towards the 3.73 because of the 6 speed auto in the 11's.

I can't get 31 MPG because I can't keep my foot light. I'm too much about drive it like you stole it. Lol.
I was going to go with 3.31 since they don't require a tune. The tuners lately have been on the fritz. That way I get the acceleration, doesn't require a tune, and I can still keep my mpg. I get 31-34 at 73 using cruise but lately I've been going 90 and getting 25 tops.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
When you talk about 31-34 mpg, are you resetting the overall average mpg info after you've started driving at a consistent highway speed? I rarely, if ever, reset mine, and mine shows a running average of around 22 mpg. Is there a different display I'm missing, because the only instantaneous mpg I see us a graph, not a number.
kbirecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was going to go with 3.31 since they don't require a tune. The tuners lately have been on the fritz. That way I get the acceleration, doesn't require a tune, and I can still keep my mpg. I get 31-34 at 73 using cruise but lately I've been going 90 and getting 25 tops.
Thus far my sct tuner has not had any issues on my 11 stang. Are the 11-12 sct bama tuners having issues or is it on the 13 stangs.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thus far my sct tuner has not had any issues on my 11 stang. Are the 11-12 sct bama tuners having issues or is it on the 13 stangs.
It's in the GT sections of this site. They are having so bad of problems to where they can't even start their own cars. I'm not sure if it's the GT or not but the sct software seems to be the problem not the overall tunes. Just makes me worry that I'm spending $400 on something that is going to lock me out of my car.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirecki
When you talk about 31-34 mpg, are you resetting the overall average mpg info after you've started driving at a consistent highway speed? I rarely, if ever, reset mine, and mine shows a running average of around 22 mpg. Is there a different display I'm missing, because the only instantaneous mpg I see us a graph, not a number.
I haven't reset it for about a month now. I use the same display and most if not all of my driving is from 55-75 on cruise control. When I take it off it drops drastically because I go around 90. But I disengage it going downhill and activate it going up a hill.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting 16.8
I do all my driving in the city so I can't really complain :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

It's in the GT sections of this site. They are having so bad of problems to where they can't even start their own cars. I'm not sure if it's the GT or not but the sct software seems to be the problem not the overall tunes. Just makes me worry that I'm spending $400 on something that is going to lock me out of my car.
I'd say around 90% of those problems revolve around Bama and 5.0's from what I see anyway. But you could say there's much much more tuned 5.0's than 3.7's on this forum and most use Bama. All I know, is I've been running my Steeda tune with zero issues :/
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

I'd say around 90% of those problems revolve around Bama and 5.0's from what I see anyway. But you could say there's much much more tuned 5.0's than 3.7's on this forum and most use Bama. All I know, is I've been running my Steeda tune with zero issues :/
Is steeda better than bama? I'm looking at warranty since I don't have one now. It wasn't the bama tunes. It was their tuners and how they wrote the the software for the tuner itself. Oh technology....
Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

Is steeda better than bama? I'm looking at warranty since I don't have one now. It wasn't the bama tunes. It was their tuners and how they wrote the the software for the tuner itself. Oh technology....
I can't say who is better as I haven't compared both tunes. But I went with Steeda for the name and because of their racing history and just have a bit more faith in them, no offense to Bama and AM as they're both great. Also, trying to build a full Steeda tuned car either with this one (if I don't sell) or my next. And they also give me a 10% discount which doesn't hurt
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: What would it take for a 2012 v6 to beat a 2009 v8 ?

pwdby, would def be interested in a shop for mods. I like the sound of the mangaflow streets, but doing the piping for the exhaust and such myself gets me alittle nervous. suggestion on shops for exhausts?

thanks
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6