Exhaust Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I'm looking to remove the cats off of my 2011 v6 stang and don't know what piping to purchase. I have looked on American Muscle and don't see what I need. I'm not looking to get headers. I'm looking to buy a x pipe that will bolt up directly into and have the cats removed. Any help on what to purchase that would be great. Also, I have Flowmaster mufflers on my vehicle.

I live in a area where there is no emissions test.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Exhaust Help

You want an O/R X or H pipe. Although the best way to do this would be to get aftermarket headers.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
You want an O/R X or H pipe. Although the best way to do this would be to get aftermarket headers.
When I look on American Muscle X pipes are too short without buying headers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

You could get a shorty H or X pipe then go to a local exhaust shop and have them cut the cats off and weld some pipe in their place then put the midpipe in all welded together.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Lethalperformance.com
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
An exhaust shop will make you what you need
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I'm looking to remove the cats off of my 2011 v6 stang and don't know what piping to purchase. I have looked on American Muscle and don't see what I need. I'm not looking to get headers. I'm looking to buy a x pipe that will bolt up directly into and have the cats removed. Any help on what to purchase that would be great. Also, I have Flowmaster mufflers on my vehicle.

I live in a area where there is no emissions test.

2011 Kona Blue,

Unfortunately you're correct. We only offer Shorty X-Pipes to run with a set of long tube headers, That's the ideal set up for best power gains and exhaust tone.

However I'm definitely going to get this suggestion over my purchasing team and see if we can bring in a full length X-pipe for the V6. As soon as I have more information, I'll be sure to let you know!

I appreciate the suggestion, I wish I could be more help!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

2011 Kona Blue,

Unfortunately you're correct. We only offer Shorty X-Pipes to run with a set of long tube headers, That's the ideal set up for best power gains and exhaust tone.

However I'm definitely going to get this suggestion over my purchasing team and see if we can bring in a full length X-pipe for the V6. As soon as I have more information, I'll be sure to let you know!

I appreciate the suggestion, I wish I could be more help!

- Dan
Tanks so much. That would be great to see if you guys could get a full length x pipe for the 11 v6. If not, I may just go with the headers and shorty x pipe option. Do you know if the current BBK shorty x pipe is a bolt on kit or does welding need to be done.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Tanks so much. That would be great to see if you guys could get a full length x pipe for the 11 v6. If not, I may just go with the headers and shorty x pipe option. Do you know if the current BBK shorty x pipe is a bolt on kit or does welding need to be done.
Again, go to lethalperformance.com. They have them for around $200. X and H full length. AM is great but they aren't the only website around.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Again, go to lethalperformance.com. They have them for around $200. X and H full length. AM is great but they aren't the only website around.
Thanks boss. I'll check that site out.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Check this out: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/c=N...On-X-Pipe.html
MustangDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDUB
That could be an option but was leaning towards removal of the cats to really open up that air flow and get that extra power and sound out. I checked out lethal performance and they had a full length x pipe for the 11 sixer. The question is should I just put headers on and the BBK x shorty pipe or just a full x pipe and no headers? Any thoughts on headers. Is the 800 dollars worth the added hp and sound gains of the headers or no headers.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That could be an option but was leaning towards removal of the cats to really open up that air flow and get that extra power and sound out. I checked out lethal performance and they had a full length x pipe for the 11 sixer. The question is should I just put headers on and the BBK x shorty pipe or just a full x pipe and no headers? Any thoughts on headers. Is the 800 dollars worth the added hp and sound gains of the headers or no headers.
Depends on what your goals are? The gains you'll see with LT's will be all top end. You'll lose some bottom end which our cars lack already. If your looking for sound or if you track your car then spending that much may be worth it for you.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

If you are going LT's you will absolutely need to gear the car. It will fall on its face from a dig in 1st gear (as if it doesnt already).
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
If you are going LT's you will absolutely need to gear the car. It will fall on its face from a dig in 1st gear (as if it doesnt already).
Gears are definitely next on mod list. Currently have stock 2.73 gears and want 3.55 or 3.73. I think with that upgrade in gears I should notice a big difference in acceleration. I have an auto and think with the 6 speed, I am leaning towards 3.73 gears.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'd just grab one of lethals mid-pipes. Will see gains and will leave money for other things. Just my opinion. Believe you need a tune though.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
I'd just grab one of lethals mid-pipes. Will see gains and will leave money for other things. Just my opinion. Believe you need a tune though.
I saw on lethal performance web site they had a ford racing performance x pipe buy it left the cats on. The other was a H and X fill length mid pipe. There all around 200 which is certainly less than 800 for the BBK headers and shorty mid pipe. Any thoughts on the Ford racing mid pipe that leaves the cats on. What kind of less power gains than removing the cats and going with another mid pipe.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I saw on lethal performance web site they had a ford racing performance x pipe buy it left the cats on. The other was a H and X fill length mid pipe. There all around 200 which is certainly less than 800 for the BBK headers and shorty mid pipe. Any thoughts on the Ford racing mid pipe that leaves the cats on. What kind of less power gains than removing the cats and going with another mid pipe.
The full length will give better gains. Not sure what the gains are with the FR but I'd think minimal.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

If you want to keep cats, you could grab lethals mid-pipe and grab a set of pypes hi-flo cats welded in.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust