Ordering 2013 V6 Premium - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

Beautiful man! I really love the 13 gauges over the 12.
Don't cry baby, Cyclone37 still loves your gauges.

He was only looking... Really. He never touched those gauges.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy

CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Ordering 2013 V6 Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post

Lol
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSleeperGT
I think I have some pics you will like. Just got her a few weeks ago. Has most of what you are looking for too :headband:
That's a beauty
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

StangSleeperGT, that is a beautiful car. From all the pictures I've seen the ambient lighting in these cars is fantastic. I can't wait to see them in person. Did your 2013 come with the illuminated door sills, or did you add them as an option?

SpectorV, I'll be buying this car with my dads A/Z plan discount. He is a Ford retiree. Even without any rebates or negotiating I will get the car for at least $1k below dealer invoice. Of all the cars we've bought no dealer has been willing to negotiate lower than A/Z plan pricing so I doubt I'll be able to get the price any lower.

I'm also considering the rear camera option as I'm not sure how well I'll be able to see small subjects (animals, kids, etc.) behind me. When I sat in the car at the dealer I could see adults and other surroundings fairly well through the rear window, but for smaller things I'm not sure how well visibility would be since the car rides pretty high in the rear. Does anyone recommend this option, and how well do these cameras fair in darkness?
JoshLSTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshLSTV View Post
StangSleeperGT, that is a beautiful car. From all the pictures I've seen the ambient lighting in these cars is fantastic. I can't wait to see them in person. Did your 2013 come with the illuminated door sills, or did you add them as an option?

SpectorV, I'll be buying this car with my dads A/Z plan discount. He is a Ford retiree. Even without any rebates or negotiating I will get the car for at least $1k below dealer invoice. Of all the cars we've bought no dealer has been willing to negotiate lower than A/Z plan pricing so I doubt I'll be able to get the price any lower.

I'm also considering the rear camera option as I'm not sure how well I'll be able to see small subjects (animals, kids, etc.) behind me. When I sat in the car at the dealer I could see adults and other surroundings fairly well through the rear window, but for smaller things I'm not sure how well visibility would be since the car rides pretty high in the rear. Does anyone recommend this option, and how well do these cameras fair in darkness?

I have the reverse camera and love it. I didn't really get it to watch for kids, I got it to help me back into parking spaces and parallel park. It has lines in it that guide you to the width of the car, and how close you are to an object. When ever I park, I throw it into reverse to make sure I am lined up in my spot correctly, works like a charm. So I do recommend it.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

The door sills came with package. When you get your car make sure to go to the settings screen. A little known and talked about feature is SPORT STEERING. You can change the steering feel. Sure the car handles and feels good on a test drive, but when you change it the steering tightens up...it is well worth the money to get track apps and this function!
Oh yeah, another function is the accelerometer. I snapped a pic while accelerating so it is a little blurry...LOL

StangSleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Um... I've got a base and I can change the steeriing settings too. I keep mine on sport, way too sensitive on normal or comfort. Also, if you disable traction it automatically puts it in sport.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'm used to pretty tight steering with my FWD Contour SVT so I'll definitely be using sport mode. I may even use it on the test drive if I can figure out how to set it.

The track apps seem pretty cool, but I'm not sure how often I'll use them. I don't race, and since I got a pretty gnarly speeding ticket shortly after I got my drivers license I don't really mess around much over the speed limits anymore. Although, like many others I like to do some hard acceleration every now and then. Especially when merging on to the interstate.

Like I said in the original post this will be my first new car, and it's been over 20 years since either of my parents ordered a car, so will I have to pay the down payment, have my loan approved, etc. before I can order it, or will the dealer order the car and then all that stuff gets done when I go to pickup the car? The reason I ask is because if I don't have to pay the down payment up front I'll be able to add another months pay to the down payment since I'll probably get a couple pay checks while the car is being built.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, I'm used to pretty tight steering with my FWD Contour SVT so I'll definitely be using sport mode. I may even use it on the test drive if I can figure out how to set it.

The track apps seem pretty cool, but I'm not sure how often I'll use them. I don't race, and since I got a pretty gnarly speeding ticket shortly after I got my drivers license I don't really mess around much over the speed limits anymore. Although, like many others I like to do some hard acceleration every now and then. Especially when merging on to the interstate.

Like I said in the original post this will be my first new car, and it's been over 20 years since either of my parents ordered a car, so will I have to pay the down payment, have my loan approved, etc. before I can order it, or will the dealer order the car and then all that stuff gets done when I go to pickup the car? The reason I ask is because if I don't have to pay the down payment up front I'll be able to add another months pay to the down payment since I'll probably get a couple pay checks while the car is being built.

First, never get the financing from the dealer, also, never tell the dealer that until you agree on a price. Look for the bank with the lowest rate loans, then apply for a lone for a few grand below the amount you think you are going to pay (including TTL) for the car. Once the loan is approved, go into the dealer and order the car. Then use the few extra grand you left extra as a down payment. Then, when the car arrives, you pay for the whole thing with the loan.

That is how I did it, and it worked great.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I was planning on financing through my bank at 2.5% over 48 months that way I can get the $1000 rebate from Ford in addition to the A/Z plan discount. The A/Z plan is a set price which allows me to buy the car for less than the dealer can buy it so there shouldn't be any negotiating on the price unless I decide to trade in my current car. I'd like to know how much I need to get a loan for before I apply for the loan so I guess I need to go to the dealer and get an actual price from them. I'd like to order this in the next couple of weeks before the rebates expire.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I just got my v6 premium. I got my financing through the dealership. They actually bought 2% off my loan. I have 72 month at 2.9 and I am very happy. If you order the dealership should ask for a refundable security deposit until the car arrives. The risk should be on the dealer not you if you don't like the car, something happens to it on the way there or if you don't get approved for financing. Never do financing for a car that isn't even there.
Dshores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshores View Post
I just got my v6 premium. I got my financing through the dealership. They actually bought 2% off my loan. I have 72 month at 2.9 and I am very happy. If you order the dealership should ask for a refundable security deposit until the car arrives. The risk should be on the dealer not you if you don't like the car, something happens to it on the way there or if you don't get approved for financing. Never do financing for a car that isn't even there.
Yeah, me and my dealer never even spoke of payment options until the car arrived. I think its common courtesy towards the buyer for a dealer not ask for a payment plan until the car arrives and its approved by the buyer.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Thought I would update this thread a bit. I went to another dealer that had a V6 with a 6spd manual to drive a mustang for the first time. I loved the the car, and how it drove. I have no idea what setting the steering was on, but it was pretty tight which I liked. A couple things I didn't like, but will probably get used to once I drive the car more are how light the clutch pedal is, the placement of the clutch seems odd, and when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd for turns I found it hard to tell if I was in gear due to the gears being so close together. I think that once I drive it for a while, and spend more time tuning my seat placement I'll be able to work out most of those issues.

The sales guy at both dealers tell me I'll be waiting 4-6 weeks for an ordered car. Since we're in mid production cycle is this a realistic wait or was this a line of bull? I plan to order in the next week or so to take advantage of the $1000 customer cash which my dealer says will lock in place when I order, and if the rebates are greater when the car arrives they will honor those instead, but no matter what I'll receive the current rebates.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thought I would update this thread a bit. I went to another dealer that had a V6 with a 6spd manual to drive a mustang for the first time. I loved the the car, and how it drove. I have no idea what setting the steering was on, but it was pretty tight which I liked. A couple things I didn't like, but will probably get used to once I drive the car more are how light the clutch pedal is, the placement of the clutch seems odd, and when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd for turns I found it hard to tell if I was in gear due to the gears being so close together. I think that once I drive it for a while, and spend more time tuning my seat placement I'll be able to work out most of those issues.

The sales guy at both dealers tell me I'll be waiting 4-6 weeks for an ordered car. Since we're in mid production cycle is this a realistic wait or was this a line of bull? I plan to order in the next week or so to take advantage of the $1000 customer cash which my dealer says will lock in place when I order, and if the rebates are greater when the car arrives they will honor those instead, but no matter what I'll receive the current rebates.

4-6 weeks is a good prediction. It's even faster then they normally tell you. When I bought mine in May, my dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and it came in exactly 6 weeks. So it really depends on what options you get, because some are in higher demand then others. If you get it in 4 weeks, that's great, but be prepared to wait up to 8.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

It all depends on dealer's allocations. They have a certain number of orders they can put in within a certain time frame and receive them. It's all based on how much the dealership sales. My car was predicted at 4-6 weeks and I got it in a month and 3 days. If you don't have your VIN the week after ordering your car, I'd start asking questions. It takes about a month from the time you get your VIN, depending on location and everything.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I'd be careful, I think the only line of bull he might be feelin you is about the rebates. You get your rebates when you buy the car no when you order it. Unless you pay for the car before delivery which I would not suggest doing
Old 09-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Those will be 4-8 long weeks after I order it.

I won't be paying for the car before it's delivered, thats for sure. The dealer said that when I order the car we will both have to sign off that the options are what I requested, and that the price is agreed upon (after current rebates), and if the rebates are greater when the car arrives they will go ahead and honor those. Since the car definitely won't be here before the rebates expire I guess I'll just have to trust him, and hope that the rebates are equal or greater starting next month.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

I was under the impression that the allocations only matter if it's a dealer ordered vehicle. Dealer ordered, as in the dealer is ordering it for themselves to have on the lot as a ready to sell in stock vehicle. I had a couple of dealers tell me if the car is ordered as a customer order, then it doesn't count against their allocation. A couple of them even mentioned during their quote for my custom build that if I were buying off the lot, it would have been a few hundred more because it would have affected their allocation, but because I was ordering, they don't tack on the "instant gratification tax"(my term and quotes)."

BTW, I didn't step foot into a dealership until I was putting my deposit down on the order. I did all of my negotiating and haggling online via e-mail. Had it down to a couple of dealers that wanted to sell a car to me, and worked it all out at my leisure. I'll never go to a dealership again to buy a new car.

Tim

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I've heard many people say that they got their VIN number. How do you get your VIN? Does the dealer offer that up to you as an update? Did you have to call to get it? How does that work?

Tim
Tim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

The way dealer rebates work if they send them in on a vehicle that no longer qualifies for rebates then ford will not reimburse them the money. Tht being said I can't imagine them reducing rebates going into october and November getting closer to winter season. I will prolly just be a better rebate. Just know that unless the dealer wants to eat the thousand dollars or is over charging you by a thousand to start with that rebate won't be honored
Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Ask then when you can expect it. Then have them give it to you when it's assigned. After that, get with Deysha on Allfordmustangs forum and have her keep you updated. She'll tell you when the window sticker is available online, which in turn tells you the build date, and after it's built usually takes 2~ weeks for delivery. I usually knew more about where my car was than my dealership.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The way dealer rebates work if they send them in on a vehicle that no longer qualifies for rebates then ford will not reimburse them the money. Tht being said I can't imagine them reducing rebates going into october and November getting closer to winter season. I will prolly just be a better rebate. Just know that unless the dealer wants to eat the thousand dollars or is over charging you by a thousand to start with that rebate won't be honored
I think he may have been trying to charge me the $1000 because I calculated a rough estimate with the A/Z plan discount using an invoice I got from the first dealer, and the number this guy came up with was around $1000 over what I came up with which I could never figure out where he got that from.

I wasn't going to order from this guy anyway, I asked for an exact price for the car with the options I wanted after applying my dads Z-plan discount, and all he did was go to the Ford website and give me a rough price based off that. This guy (or anybody there for that matter) didn't seem to care whether he sold me a car or not.

Quote:
Ask then when you can expect it. Then have them give it to you when it's assigned. After that, get with Deysha on Allfordmustangs forum and have her keep you updated. She'll tell you when the window sticker is available online, which in turn tells you the build date, and after it's built usually takes 2~ weeks for delivery. I usually knew more about where my car was than my dealership.
I'll definitely be doing this once I get it ordered. Thanks for the advice.

As a side note; I got a quote from my current insurance company (State Farm) for $890/6 months which is ridiculous IMO, but not as bad as I thought. I also went to the bank and they told me there should be no problems with loaning that amount with my parents co-signing, and that I should be approved within 4 hours after applying. So everything is coming together, now I just need to find time to get out and order it.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

Wow! $890 dollars seems high. I got a quote from my State Farm agent for $466 for 6 months.

Tim
Tim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Insurance is so subjective on state and driving record, it's not even funny. I'm paying around $670/6 months for mine. KY is a no fault state which makes car insurance higher as well.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in KY also (Louisville), but I'd say it's so high because I'm 23. I don't have any wrecks or speeding tickets on my record.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Amica FTW
Old 09-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I think here in NJ they quoted me at $1600/yr for collision and liability..
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Dang man, have fun with it. I just bought a 2011 V6 premium and it was my first mustang too and I love it. I have so much I wanna put into it. Hope you enjoy it.
SliverStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Well I ordered my Mustang yesterday afternoon. These are going to be some long 6-8 weeks. The sales person I ordered from guarantees that I will get the current incentives, and if the incentives go up I will benefit from them. I have this in writing on the forms that the sales manager and I both signed.

I think I'm getting a real nice deal between having my dads Z-plan discount and the incentives. It will be just over 26k out the door after taxes, transfer, and licensing.

I ordered a Sterling Grey V6 Premium with the 6 speed Manual, Pony Package, Comfort package, and Illuminated door sills. I also requested that the dealer badge be left off. He said that as soon as it comes off the truck the badge will be put on, but once I actually come to pick the car up they will remove it before I leave. I'll have to be sure to check out that area after they remove it to make sure they didn't mess up the paint in the process.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I ordered my Mustang yesterday afternoon. These are going to be some long 6-8 weeks. The sales person I ordered from guarantees that I will get the current incentives, and if the incentives go up I will benefit from them. I have this in writing on the forms that the sales manager and I both signed.

I think I'm getting a real nice deal between having my dads Z-plan discount and the incentives. It will be just over 26k out the door after taxes, transfer, and licensing.

I ordered a Sterling Grey V6 Premium with the 6 speed Manual, Pony Package, Comfort package, and Illuminated door sills. I also requested that the dealer badge be left off. He said that as soon as it comes off the truck the badge will be put on, but once I actually come to pick the car up they will remove it before I leave. I'll have to be sure to check out that area after they remove it to make sure they didn't mess up the paint in the process.
Car dealer badge? I don't have anything stuck to my car that says my dealer. Good thing they didn't, I would be furious if I was a walking advertisement for them. The only thing I had was a little sticker inside the window. I just pealed it off. 26K seems like a bit high to me, even with z-plan. I got the same car, only MCA edition, (which is 2 grand more) with electronics, and performance, for 31k. For a total of 6K on top of your car, I don't have z plan or anything, just haggled.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz

Car dealer badge? I don't have anything stuck to my car that says my dealer. Good thing they didn't, I would be furious if I was a walking advertisement for them. The only thing I had was a little sticker inside the window. I just pealed it off. 26K seems like a bit high to me, even with z-plan. I got the same car, only MCA edition, (which is 2 grand more) with electronics, and performance, for 31k. For a total of 6K on top of your car, I don't have z plan or anything, just haggled.
After taxes and everything for a premium?! That's a hell of a deal if you ask me
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I picked my Mustang up from the dealer last week. For those interested mine came with the illuminated door sills on it from the factory so I assume it comes standard on the premium models even though Ford doesn't specify.

I love the car. I'm only getting around 17 mpg right now which is disappointing, but that should get better after a few thousand miles. I also found that the Shaker 500 was a bit muffled sounding, but after increasing the treble I'm satisfied with how it sounds.

The birds have bombarding my car with droppings so I've got to get a trunk organizer to hold my quick detail solution, and some microfibers to clean it all off with while away from home.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:55 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post

MSRP on my car was $28,640. Out the door I paid $26k including taxes, licensing, etc. IMO that's a pretty good deal.

BTW MCA edition is the same cost to upgrade as the Pony Package (which I got) at $995.

I saved over $4k with the Z-Plan after taxes and all so I'm happy with the deal I got, and I didn't have to bother with haggling.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Beautiful man! I really love the 13 gauges over the 12.
+1... I think its the only thing I really like more.

JoshLSTV; welcome to forum. You will find plenty of helpful people and information here. The silver and cona blue are both excellent choices, tough decision. I went black with my 2012, love the color but hate trying to keep it clean. If I were you, I would go onto the ford website and do the build your own mustang thing. Try a few color combo's and dont be afraid to get crazy with the colors in the stripe's, contrasting colors look great on this car.

good luck and congrats
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
That's a great deal IMO. I paid $28,500 for v6 premium, pony package, auto, security pkg/ RR sensing, comfort pkg, rear view cam, a/w mats. No plans, all haggling.

The wait sucks but you will be even more excited when the car is delivered. Give a shout out to Deysha and she will keep you updated on the details.
Chessmanmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang