Ordering 2013 V6 Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Ordering 2013 V6 Premium

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I'm hoping you guys can help me sort out a couple things about the V6 Premium features. This will be both my first brand new car, as well as my first Mustang. I've wanted a Mustang for as far back as I can remember, but until now never had a secure enough job to be able to afford one.

I was wondering if the illuminated door sills, and pony projections come standard on the 2013 V6 Premium? I've read a couple posts on another forum that said they did, but on the Ford website it has the illuminated door sills as an option for the V6 Premium, and I don't even see anything about the pony projections. I'm not too worried about the pony projections as I'm not sure if I really like them or not, but I do want the illuminated door sills.

Thanks,
Josh
JoshLSTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
They don't come Standard. I believe it comes with the convienence package.
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998
+1
fultonboy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Ordering 2013 V6 Premium

I'm waiting for my first new car to come in as well. kind of weird, my name is Josh as well..lol
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #5

Region: Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
+2
redv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Welcome and post some pics when you get it! Congrats
Timm04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

My 2013 comes in Tuesday! I am pumped! The pony projection lights are part of the comfort package, which make the passenger seat electric, has heated front seats, heated mirrors and pony projection. Illuminated door sills are a 270 dollar option all on their own and not part of any package. I ended up not getting either, they are pricey for what they give you.

I got mine in deep impact blue, what color are you thinking?
Dshores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Btw you can buy oem illuminated door sills from blue oval industries for $100 for both
Grabber Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Congrats man. I bet you can't wait for Tuesday! I get my gears in that day so I hope Tuesday comes soon also The deep impact blue is a beautiful color too
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I thought the illuminated door sills were part of the interior upgrade pckg? When i ordered my 2012 i got that package so that i could have sync, the brushed trim panels and accents, and the ambient lighting which changes colours for everything. I also had to get this package so that i could have leather. Damn car companies! I also hated the boring black and teal base model gauges so the ability to change colours on those too are huge.

Theres a big difference when i sit in a base model stang, it feels like a whole different car, even the steering wheel sucked on the 10-12 base, not sure about the 13
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

When the 13's first came out, the illuminated door stills came default, now they are an additional cost add on, so be sure to ask for it, and the Pony Projection lights come with the comfort package.

The Illuminated door stills you can always add on aftermarket as well, the Pony projection lights you can't.
mrkrabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks for the clarifications. I had already planned on getting the comfort package for the heated seats, but I guess I'll also select the illuminated door sills as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshores View Post
My 2013 comes in Tuesday! I am pumped! The pony projection lights are part of the comfort package, which make the passenger seat electric, has heated front seats, heated mirrors and pony projection. Illuminated door sills are a 270 dollar option all on their own and not part of any package. I ended up not getting either, they are pricey for what they give you.

I got mine in deep impact blue, what color are you thinking?
Yeah I think they are a bit pricey also, but I really hate cold weather with leather seats so I figure the heated seats will probably be worth it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Sterling Grey, but I also like Kona Blue pretty well. Not sure if I will get the stripes on the side or not though. Anyone have any actual pictures of the 201A exterior package stripes on a Sterling Grey 'stang?
Old 08-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I think it's stupid they aren't standard on a premium. I thought they were tbh. I've got them on mine but not sure if they were standard or came with the comfort package on my 12.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

'13 has the same steering wheel as the Premium, minus some buttons on it for the new LCD, sync, etc. Same material and stuff though. I love my base interior. I don't mind the lack of leather, I test drove one with the brushed aluminum interior and electric seats... I like mine just fine. I love the fact my interior is charcoal/black and not aluminum/black.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
'13 has the same steering wheel as the Premium, minus some buttons on it for the new LCD, sync, etc. Same material and stuff though. I love my base interior. I don't mind the lack of leather, I test drove one with the brushed aluminum interior and electric seats... I like mine just fine. I love the fact my interior is charcoal/black and not aluminum/black.
+1
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

For me, the premium was worth it. I test drove a premium first, then test drove a standard thinking i wouldnt miss the functions of the premium. When you figure the sync and tech packages are included in the premium and they are an 800 dollar option atleast on the standard. Plus you get leather and I know the 4.2 inch lcd isnt something you have to have. But, it is pretty cool! haha along with the ambient lighting and all. I guess its all up to the person buying it.
Dshores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Depends on if you're buying the car to get pampered or as a driving machine. Mine is a workhorse.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

The LCD screen in the center gauges is the main reason I got the Premium model. I wanted the track apps. The leather and interior lighting is just an added bonus
Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

ha where i live leather seating is a hazard. 110 degrees outside right now... i was more than glad to get out of leather and into cloth. if money is no object i say go for all the toys. workhorse or pamper it is nice to have everything. my last one was loaded. this one is a base with tech package and it suits my needs fine. i would suggest driving a few with some options and see if it is worth parting with the cash. others opinions are great but it is your car and you gotta drive it.

Post this same thread in the 5.0 section and EVERYONE will say go for a base GT over a loaded Sixxer. HP vs Comfort...

Go drive everything. Then you will make the right decision based on what your opinion is.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
ha where i live leather seating is a hazard. 110 degrees outside right now... i was more than glad to get out of leather and into cloth. if money is no object i say go for all the toys. workhorse or pamper it is nice to have everything. my last one was loaded. this one is a base with tech package and it suits my needs fine. i would suggest driving a few with some options and see if it is worth parting with the cash. others opinions are great but it is your car and you gotta drive it.

Post this same thread in the 5.0 section and EVERYONE will say go for a base GT over a loaded Sixxer. HP vs Comfort...

Go drive everything. Then you will make the right decision based on what your opinion is.
I chose comfort over that 5.0. I was fine with it at first but started to regret not getting the 5.0. You can't help but be jealous of those 5.0 #'s! But after a few mods I've gotten happier with the car. And after a few more mods, I don't think I'll look back. I'll have the comfort, handling and quickness in one package. This car is plenty of fun!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

agree with Sanguin...i'm about the workhorse...although the recaro seats are nice. or at least i'm told so...i'll find out in a month..
Old 08-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post

Yeah, I used to have the mindset that a Mustang wasn't a Mustang unless it had a V8, but the fact is that I really don't need the V8. This car will be my DD, and with gas prices around here almost $4 a gallon the V6 will save me loads of money on gas. Not to mention insurance costs as well. All the insurance quotes I'm getting are around $1,000-$1,200 for 6 months for the V6. I'd hate to see what they are for the V8. Plus the base 5.0 costs $4k more than the V6 premium.

I went to the dealer the other day and sat in both the base model and the premium, and the premium is definitely the one for me. I've been in leather seats all my life, and prefer the looks and durability of leather over cloth. Also, since I do a lot of driving at night due to the fact that I work 3rd shift, the ambient lighting will be a nice touch. Plus the Sync system will be awesome to use with my iPhone, and to be able to control volume and tracks on the wheel is amazing. If you can't tell, I'm not used to these awesome new features since my current car (Contour SVT) is 12 years old.

I haven't driven the Mustang yet because the dealer I went to didn't have one with a 6 spd manual which is what I'm going to get. I hope to get out to another dealer sometime this week to test drive one with a manual.

I'm looking to get the V6 Premium in Sterling Grey, with the 201A Exterior Appearance package (not sure if I'll get the stripe yet), comfort package, and illuminated door sills. If I've calculated everything correctly I should be able to get it around $25k with my dads A/Z plan discount.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I love those svts...my friend has a beat up base contour i keep joking around with him that he needs to convert it to an svt! Are you keeping it still? Post up a pic of it
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_stig View Post
I love those svts...my friend has a beat up base contour i keep joking around with him that he needs to convert it to an svt! Are you keeping it still? Post up a pic of it
No, I'm either going to trade it in, or sell it. I'll probably trade it in if they give me a half decent quote on it. Otherwise, I'll probably try to sell it myself. It's in great condition, and has low miles (103k) for it's year. I really like the Contour, and wish I could keep it, but I just won't have the room for it once I get the Mustang.

Don't have any good pictures of it that I can find, but heres a video I made of it shortly after I detailed it this spring.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshLSTV View Post
Yeah, I used to have the mindset that a Mustang wasn't a Mustang unless it had a V8, but the fact is that I really don't need the V8. This car will be my DD, and with gas prices around here almost $4 a gallon the V6 will save me loads of money on gas. Not to mention insurance costs as well. All the insurance quotes I'm getting are around $1,000-$1,200 for 6 months for the V6. I'd hate to see what they are for the V8. Plus the base 5.0 costs $4k more than the V6 premium.

I went to the dealer the other day and sat in both the base model and the premium, and the premium is definitely the one for me. I've been in leather seats all my life, and prefer the looks and durability of leather over cloth. Also, since I do a lot of driving at night due to the fact that I work 3rd shift, the ambient lighting will be a nice touch. Plus the Sync system will be awesome to use with my iPhone, and to be able to control volume and tracks on the wheel is amazing. If you can't tell, I'm not used to these awesome new features since my current car (Contour SVT) is 12 years old.

I haven't driven the Mustang yet because the dealer I went to didn't have one with a 6 spd manual which is what I'm going to get. I hope to get out to another dealer sometime this week to test drive one with a manual.

I'm looking to get the V6 Premium in Sterling Grey, with the 201A Exterior Appearance package (not sure if I'll get the stripe yet), comfort package, and illuminated door sills. If I've calculated everything correctly I should be able to get it around $25k with my dads A/Z plan discount.
It sounds like you are a smart man and have your priorities straight.

I went from a Fully Built 06 GT with all the bolt ons to a 13 V6. My priorities changed and honestly this car is fun to drive. I miss the power a bit but a supercharger on this car would pull away easily from my last car in the 1/4 mile. I ran a best of 12.4 in the 1/4 mile in my last one... So that says a lot.

A loaded GT will be 10G more the way I see it. Thats about 5 grand for every second quicker. So that said, you could supercharge one of these for 6 grand with a dyno tune when your budget allows for it of course, and be quicker than the 5.0 and have something different that hardly anyone has. Quiet and stealthy too if you don't plan on exhaust mods. A real sleeper. And get better gas milage. What would be better than to have a GT roll up on ya and you pull a car length on them from a dig all the way through?

These are the first mustangs with a smaller motor that actually get some respect from the 5.0 crowd and lots of respect from the 4.6 guys...
Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It sounds like you are a smart man and have your priorities straight.

I went from a Fully Built 06 GT with all the bolt ons to a 13 V6. My priorities changed and honestly this car is fun to drive. I miss the power a bit but a supercharger on this car would pull away easily from my last car in the 1/4 mile. I ran a best of 12.4 in the 1/4 mile in my last one... So that says a lot.

A loaded GT will be 10G more the way I see it. Thats about 5 grand for every second quicker. So that said, you could supercharge one of these for 6 grand with a dyno tune when your budget allows for it of course, and be quicker than the 5.0 and have something different that hardly anyone has. Quiet and stealthy too if you don't plan on exhaust mods. A real sleeper. And get better gas milage. What would be better than to have a GT roll up on ya and you pull a car length on them from a dig all the way through?

These are the first mustangs with a smaller motor that actually get some respect from the 5.0 crowd and lots of respect from the 4.6 guys...

Exactly, I agree with you 100%, I own a 13' v6 fully loaded. I decided on that instead of the basic v8 because I can always upgrade the engine via supercharger and get the same power if not more then the stock 5.0 for about half the cost. Upgrading the internals is much more difficult though, so it would be harder to upgrade a basic 5.0 to a fully loaded, so if you have to choose, go with the v6 fully loaded.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I never did test drive a 6 speed Mustang before ordering mine or taking delivery. Every single Mustang on a dealer lot was an auto. I test drove a white '13 that I've noticed some woman has bought since then. Don't worry though, I don't think there is nothing to worry about.

My one an only complaint is I wish the clutch pedal was closer to the driving seat or the accel/brake pedals were slightly further back. I've been meaning to buy a device you put on the clutch pedal to give it more height to achieve the same thing, but I don't want to spend $50 on a piece of plastic. I feel like my right foot is cramped working the pedals when my clutch foot is perfect and I'm not the only one to feel this way. When I first got my car, I used to get cramps in my right foot from it when I did extended driving (like 300~ miles a day). I have yet to have my left leg cramp from traffic, even driving in downtown Knoxville. The clutch pressure is pretty light.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

when ordering be sure to know invoice price and pay it, no need to pay more especially when you are ordering the car. You may can go to ford.com and request a brochure and sometimes they offer a 750.00 off coupon you can use I found one when I got my car and it helped. You can find invoice pricing on the car and the options at places like kbb.com

Some dealers will fight over your deal so be sure to get quotes from dealers IN WRITING and use it as bargain material at other dealers.

If you wait on rebates (refresh regularly) you may can save some more cash as well. Its the rebate at the time you BUY not when you order FYI so if the rebate expires before you buy the car you may not get that same amount. You can buy a car with a VIN but you wont see it first (after built before delivery) but its a choice if you need to buy before a rebate expires.

Dealers get dealer incentives exactly like you get rebates, they change just as rebates do. You can find out dealer hold backs and what they get and use that to bargain with, they generally will deny it or dont like to talk about it or act like its not true but its there .
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I never did test drive a 6 speed Mustang before ordering mine or taking delivery. Every single Mustang on a dealer lot was an auto. I test drove a white '13 that I've noticed some woman has bought since then. Don't worry though, I don't think there is nothing to worry about.

My one an only complaint is I wish the clutch pedal was closer to the driving seat or the accel/brake pedals were slightly further back. I've been meaning to buy a device you put on the clutch pedal to give it more height to achieve the same thing, but I don't want to spend $50 on a piece of plastic. I feel like my right foot is cramped working the pedals when my clutch foot is perfect and I'm not the only one to feel this way. When I first got my car, I used to get cramps in my right foot from it when I did extended driving (like 300~ miles a day). I have yet to have my left leg cramp from traffic, even driving in downtown Knoxville. The clutch pressure is pretty light.
I feel the same way about the pedals and have looked into the clutch pedal device too... Wish I could see one first I bet I could make it out of billet steel cheap. Just want to see how it attaches...
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
when ordering be sure to know invoice price and pay it, no need to pay more especially when you are ordering the car. You may can go to ford.com and request a brochure and sometimes they offer a 750.00 off coupon you can use I found one when I got my car and it helped. You can find invoice pricing on the car and the options at places like kbb.com

Some dealers will fight over your deal so be sure to get quotes from dealers IN WRITING and use it as bargain material at other dealers.

If you wait on rebates (refresh regularly) you may can save some more cash as well. Its the rebate at the time you BUY not when you order FYI so if the rebate expires before you buy the car you may not get that same amount. You can buy a car with a VIN but you wont see it first (after built before delivery) but its a choice if you need to buy before a rebate expires.

Dealers get dealer incentives exactly like you get rebates, they change just as rebates do. You can find out dealer hold backs and what they get and use that to bargain with, they generally will deny it or dont like to talk about it or act like its not true but its there .

Thats not true at all, never pay the invoice. I got my new 13' v6 for about 2 grand less then the invoice. If you are a good haggler, you can get the price a few grand below the invoice. But NEVER pay above the invoice. If you ask your dealer to see the invoice, and he refuses to show it, like if he says its confidential or only for employees, walk out and go to another dealer.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

my 2012 Pony Package included the illuminated doors, I did see that the new '13 was going to have the available illuminated side mirrors, did you inform yourself about those.
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkrabz View Post
Thats not true at all, never pay the invoice. I got my new 13' v6 for about 2 grand less then the invoice. If you are a good haggler, you can get the price a few grand below the invoice. But NEVER pay above the invoice. If you ask your dealer to see the invoice, and he refuses to show it, like if he says its confidential or only for employees, walk out and go to another dealer.
you can always get a better deal but its more and more difficult when you start pushing under invoice. It all depends on sales, rebates, all that sort of crap and even the time of the month you buy (if they are trying to meet goals for kick backs from Ford etc etc). You cant always get under invoice, but you should always try. I was talking about the price before rebates/incentives/coupons being at least at invoice.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel the same way about the pedals and have looked into the clutch pedal device too... Wish I could see one first I bet I could make it out of billet steel cheap. Just want to see how it attaches...
I've seen one. It's just a block with a recess cut in the back so it slips over the clutch pedal (with the pedal cover removed) and then somehow screws down to stay there (set screw?). The front of it has a lip so you can reinstall your pedal cover. It's very, very simple. If you can make one for $20 or so, I'll buy one. Otherwise, I might try just buying a block of wood and modifying it to do the same thing...

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Thought I'd add to you guys battling invoice vs under. Being flexible and just saying you want a Mustang goes a long way toward getting one cheaper than wanting something specific. They'd much rather clear current inventory than order another one.

Old 08-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

I think I have some pics you will like. Just got her a few weeks ago. Has most of what you are looking for too :headband:

StangSleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSleeperGT
I think I have some pics you will like. Just got her a few weeks ago. Has most of what you are looking for too :headband:
Beautiful man! I really love the 13 gauges over the 12.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang