Finally tuned.. By Steeda! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Finally tuned.. By Steeda!

I've put it off for far too long since I did my suspension and appearance before power. Happy to finally get it though. Installed the tune this morning and took it for a little drive. First thing I noticed at startup, was the car sounded a bit louder. I could be crazy though. Under 2500rpm it feels stock in terms of power. The shifts were much improved though. The timing and the smoothness of the shifts. It's past 3k where the car really wakes up. It pulls a lot harder from a roll. Didn't have any take-offs from a stop so not sure how much of a difference I'd see to 60 or 70. I'm sure it improved but think you'd still need gears to get a much improved time with that seeing as most of my gains seem to up higher. I'll find out soon enough with my 4.10's coming in Tuesday. It's hard to really test a car being limited on our streets though. But overall I'm happy with the tune. It's only day 1 with it so I hope to get a better feel for it when I get more time to drive. Would love to get some track time before the winter. Just sucks there's nowhere close by.

Btw, thanks to Steeda for the tune!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: Finally tuned.. By Steeda!

Steeda does make a great tune, and yea, the tune will help exhaust note too! I've noticed way more power everywhere in the rpm range with tune

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I'm sitting at work wanting to drive it! I just get to stare at it all day.. Waiting for my 4.10's to get in which I'll install with my Steeda LCA's and UCA's. After that is full exhaust, driveshaft and a Steeda cold air. As far as performance, I should be done for a while after that. Would like to get it to the dyno and see where I'm at after that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky

Still planning on the paxton?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Still planning on the paxton?
Procharger and yeah it's just put off for now. Probably next year or so. Was supposed to deploy next month but that just got pushed back to May which sucks. Was looking forward to that money..

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I'm honestly not in a rush for it though. I'm happy with the car right now. Makes decent power and handles great.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Should have done the 4.10's and CAI before the tune. You will need to retune after you add these items.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2
Should have done the 4.10's and CAI before the tune. You will need to retune after you add these items.
I've got a JLT just want to swap to Steedas. Not in a rush for that though as it's not totally necessary. And not going to need a new tune after the 4.10's as you can calibrate it on the spot with the tuner. Also, apparently you can change the rev limiter and top speed or turn them off from the tuner as well which I didn't know.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Some tuners lock their tunes, so you can not make those adjustments. but i do not know if steeda does.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil_T2
Some tuners lock their tunes, so you can not make those adjustments. but i do not know if steeda does.
Hmm yeah not sure. I didn't try to change anything, just saw the option was there. I know when I spoke to the guy at Steeda he told me I wouldn't need a retune when I changed to 4.10's that I could just do it on the tuner. As for the rev and speed limiter, not sure. May have to try sometime just to see if I can.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

If you need a retune and you are purchasing the products from Steeda.com then we will do the retune for free.

I am not as familiar with the tuning process so talk to Gus and confirm if you need a tune upgrade. Glad to hear everything else is going well. That sounds like a great ride with a little fun added to it!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
If you need a retune and you are purchasing the products from Steeda.com then we will do the retune for free.

I am not as familiar with the tuning process so talk to Gus and confirm if you need a tune upgrade. Glad to hear everything else is going well. That sounds like a great ride with a little fun added to it!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ. I had spoken with Sal over there who hooked me up. Hope to get some more Steeda parts from you guys so I can rep you guys. I'm sure I'll be in touch if I need a retune.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

After a few cycles the car will wake up even more. I have had Steeda tunes before and I was able to change the gear ratio no problem.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
After a few cycles the car will wake up even more. I have had Steeda tunes before and I was able to change the gear ratio no problem.
Good to know. I thought it'd need a little "break-in" time. Hope to get some more driving in before the gears get it. That and summers almost over and my car will be hibernating till the spring Hate the snow!!!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Nice.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Good to know. I thought it'd need a little "break-in" time. Hope to get some more driving in before the gears get it. That and summers almost over and my car will be hibernating till the spring Hate the snow!!!
ya snow and mustangs dont mix well... i lived in nj all my life until last year when we moved to az. now i have cool spring, warm spring,hot as hell summer, and warm summer... all good for driving except hot as hell summer.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d

ya snow and mustangs dont mix well... i lived in nj all my life until last year when we moved to az. now i have cool spring, warm spring,hot as hell summer, and warm summer... all good for driving except hot as hell summer.
I'm just north of where you were then in Queens. That sand and dust must be a killer out in Arizona though. The roads seem great for driving from what I've seen out there but that sand must be a pita!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Ya my wife is from Queens. We lived in Sussex County in NJ.

Ehhhh The dust storms are wayyyy hyped as is scorpions. The heat is not hype. It is hot. The sand is totally not an issue... Well I guess if you live in the middle of the dessert and not in a city it is probably but we are in the West Valley of the Phoenix area, it is fine. August has dust storms and rain so it can get messy. The rest of the year it is blue skies and no rain or hardly a cloud.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sitting at work wanting to drive it! I just get to stare at it all day.. Waiting for my 4.10's to get in which I'll install with my Steeda LCA's and UCA's. After that is full exhaust, driveshaft and a Steeda cold air. As far as performance, I should be done for a while after that. Would like to get it to the dyno and see where I'm at after that.
STEEDA CAI FTW!
i love the whistle on it
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

STEEDA CAI FTW!
i love the whistle on it
The gains are better with Steeda over others but I love the BBK blackout for looks. It would match my car perfect so I'm still torn between the two.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37

The gains are better with Steeda over others but I love the BBK blackout for looks. It would match my car perfect so I'm still torn between the two.
I really line the blackout as well. Too bad it came out after I got the chrome. But it still looks good under the hood
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

Glad to hear you like your tune! Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. Thanks for supporting Steeda!
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
You are going to notice a HUGE difference after that stuff is added.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

i would dyno it, its a bad idea to just load a tune and assume its perfect or safe. A dyno is cheap insurance, also get A/F checked at the same time. You may find you have tons of power left on the table or its good etc but you never know.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
i would dyno it, its a bad idea to just load a tune and assume its perfect or safe. A dyno is cheap insurance, also get A/F checked at the same time. You may find you have tons of power left on the table or its good etc but you never know.
Yes, I do want to get it on the dyno. I may throw it on the dyno when the shop installs gears and stuff. Would like to see where I'm at.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang