after market chutch kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #1

Region: Other
after market chutch kit

Hi everyone, I just got a mean 2011 mustang v6 premium with a lot of toys in it. I just bought it as it is. It was ordered with pony package performance package and electronics package that come with the Shelby rear spoiler and the rear view camera. Now let’s talk about the fun stuff . Obviously the previous owner had no problem with cash. He put in to it a JTL Cool Air intake, BBK long ceramic headers, BBK x pipe, ROUSH axle back, SCT 91 octane tune.

So the problem is that the car is putting 315 RWTQ and the oem clutch cant handle a lot of enthusiastic driving without that peculiar burn clutch smell, my tuner recommended the spec stage 1 kit, I also read some good things about the RAM and Exedy Mach kit. I’m looking for the more street drive friendly kit because I use the car for everyday (light feel). So I was wondering if anyone had some experience with these kits.

Thanks. First post by the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120822-00433.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	65790  
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
Car looks good man i like the wheels and lights.
And welcome.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Re: after market chutch kit

thx bro
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Welcome fellow grabber! Ride looks great! I guess you kinda lucked out getting a ride nicely equipped.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #5

yeah the guy who sold it to me had a gt500 on the way and needed the cash to get mods for the new one XD
Old 08-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to curtin1991
If u wa.t to sell anything off urs let me know lol
Old 08-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrups
yeah the guy who sold it to me had a gt500 on the way and needed the cash to get mods for the new one XD
Sounds like one lucky guy...
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Well the clutch you have now is a dual mass flyweel setup. the spec will def be an upgrade. depending on how far you plan to go hp wise and how stiff you can handle the clutch pedal for daily driving will depend on which stage clutch you should go with. if u are going to leave it as is and arent looking to go with forced induction or a squeeze than that should be fine got daily driving abuse. now if you are going to track the car a lot... autocross, drag whatever... you might want a different stage... the higher the stage the more the clutch is going to feel like that of a race car. less comfort and more performance oreiented.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #9

thanks, for sure i'm going with stage 1 for everyday driving, not planing a lot of upgrade just barton shifter and a flywheel with the clutch but i'm also thinking to wait until my warranty is done.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrups
thanks, for sure i'm going with stage 1 for everyday driving, not planing a lot of upgrade just barton shifter and a flywheel with the clutch but i'm also thinking to wait until my warranty is done.
Make sure and post your experience with the stage 1 clutch and flywheel, I'm thinking of doing the same
Dgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Welcome fellow grabber! Ride looks great! I guess you kinda lucked out getting a ride nicely equipped.
Kinda like your buyer lol jk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang