V-6- Just because it does things better (DUH!) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #36

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin

Wellllll there is a difference between loud and drone. I've watched the vid a couple of times and it sounds like a horrible raspy/droning noise. I had Flowmasters on my Grand Prix at one point. They droned so much I junked them for some Dynomax muffs. If I can't stand to drive a car for my ears buzzing, I'm not enjoying it at all.
Ok I'll give you that, still I have to say if your testing a car you should understand the type of car your driving. I do feel the exhaust could be better on the shelby v6.
rms_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #37
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Re: V-6- Just because it does things better (DUH!)

Hi Whitelightning,
A Ferrari is nice to look at but very expensive to own and drive. When you sat in that 458 did you notice how uncomfortable it is. How nice the workmanship is, How the paint is no better then your Mustang, How hard it is to enter and exit the car.
I like Ferrari's too as long as I don't have to own one. I seen people driving them in for track days at Daytona, to Homestead and I see most of them going home on a trailer because something minor always happens to them when you run the snot out of them. The only Mustang I ever seen go home on a trailer is a guy that wrecked his at Daytona one day. I rarely ever see a Porsche break down and there are more Porsche's and Audi's then Mustangs and Ferrari's put together. I do belong to the Audi club for using Track days. I don't do it anymore but it was fun while I was doing it.
Your Mustang looks great in your photograph. You needed to park right next to that 458 and compared which car looked better and was more useful. I think you will agree that the Mustang not only looks better but you can actually drive it every day and with the huge trunk space you can even go grocery shopping Etc.
It's hard to beat a good ole American Muscle car for cruising and just plain driving fun.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Hi Whitelightning,
A Ferrari is nice to look at but very expensive to own and drive. When you sat in that 458 did you notice how uncomfortable it is. How nice the workmanship is, How the paint is no better then your Mustang, How hard it is to enter and exit the car.
I like Ferrari's too as long as I don't have to own one. I seen people driving them in for track days at Daytona, to Homestead and I see most of them going home on a trailer because something minor always happens to them when you run the snot out of them. The only Mustang I ever seen go home on a trailer is a guy that wrecked his at Daytona one day. I rarely ever see a Porsche break down and there are more Porsche's and Audi's then Mustangs and Ferrari's put together. I do belong to the Audi club for using Track days. I don't do it anymore but it was fun while I was doing it.
Your Mustang looks great in your photograph. You needed to park right next to that 458 and compared which car looked better and was more useful. I think you will agree that the Mustang not only looks better but you can actually drive it every day and with the huge trunk space you can even go grocery shopping Etc.
It's hard to beat a good ole American Muscle car for cruising and just plain driving fun.
Ronnie
Now that I recall, it wasn't uncomfy but it wasn't comfy either. It hugged my body a little more but that's the only thing the seat did. It was a bit of a awkward way to enter and exit. The way the steering wheel and controls were just cramping me up. But I bet it's because of the way the owner sat. An he was taller and brauder than I.

Ferrari makes nice cars. If I could own one, I would. But knowing I had the upkeep money. But like I stated, practically I'm looking to own a real boss for a DD. I'm not a huge believer in letting a car set. My dad on the other hand is. He would rather tinker with them than drive them. I'm the opposite. The 458 looks better since it was garage kept. But when I detail mine to the extreme every 2 months it's almost like the Italia. Practically the mustang. It has a back seat for one. It's where I put my college books. I rarely use my trunk. It's one key reason I got another mustang and became an enthusiast instead of buying the 370Z.
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Amen. I personally love a Ferrari. Got to sit in a 458. I told myself I would buy one one of these days. But more realistically I'd drive a high performance mustang. Plus the cost it is just to let it sit in your garage is outrageous. A few million just means a really nice house and a few Shelby's and bosses
think of it like this if you go with a v6, or a GT, you'll just do this
price of ferrari
-price of a GT
-----------------------
mustang GT + at least $100,000 of mod money
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

price of ferrari
-price of a GT
-----------------------
Than it would rape Ferrari's lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

price of ferrari
-price of a GT
-----------------------
That's why I'll just buy a couple of bosses because FI is where it's at
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:

price of ferrari
-price of a GT
-----------------------
But if you're someone that can afford an exotic car money probably isn't an issue. You would most likely have a bunch of toys from Mustangs to Porsches and whatever else. I know I would
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

If
No scratch that
When I get rich I will buy a base mustang GT wih no packages and I will make it the most BA GT ever.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If I won the lottery I'd buy the new Shelby, a lamborghini gallarado, and a skyline for my toys oh and a ford raptor
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I'd also go with a lambo aventador
Old 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd also go with a lambo aventador
Awd is for women. I just want a boss for a DD. a raptor and maybe, just maybe the new Altima for you know, family crap. That's why they make college lol
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #47
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
July 2012 issue of Motor Trend.

They did an article in issue July with a six contestant shootout.
Ford Mustang V-6-- Hyundai Genesis coupe-- Mazda MX5 Miata -- Scion FR-S-- Subaru BRZ-- Volkswagen GTI.

Although the Mustang V-6 had the best zero to 60mph, the best quarter mile, The best passing speed,The best breaking, the best figure eight, The best road course lap time, and the second best lateral acceleration and used 87 octane and not 93 octane.it was only forth out of the six cars.

Motor trend attributed it to the top three had purer driving bliss and better emphasized the "critical driver car connection" ( What the heck?) I guess that Motor Trend did not see the 1,200 plus all Mustangs at the American Muscle show in Media Pa. If they did they would realize that 99% of all Mustang owners have more driving bliss & a Much Much better driving connection then either the : Subaru BRZ (Which just came out) The Scion FR-s (Just about the same car as the BRZ) or the Mazada Miata which is a nice car but can't get out of its own way. The BRZ & FR have not been out long enough or sold enough yet to even justify the idiots at Motor Trend saying such A thing.

From it's great looks to the excellent Miles per Gallon anong with the build quality, performance, breaking, handling and excitement of ownership I don't think there is a better dollar for Dollar car that offers the economy and performance of the Mustang V-6 for 2011 up. And it does it on 87 octane regular gas.

I'm beginning to think that most of thses magizine's just plain hate anything "Made in America" no matter how good an American car is.

Ronnie
I read consumer reports they tend to be the least biased yeah it's not Road and Track, Motor Trend, etc, they actually drive the cars real world and track!

Don't even get me started on the content quality of those publications.. Subscription fees increase and Add content goes up. Agh I could go on but I agree. Submit what you wrote above to the editor, you may get a response.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Prior to my 2011 v6 mustang purchase I test drove the v6 Camaro and the 5.7 Hemi Challenger. Beside the fact the 5.7 Hemi Challenger was around 36k, I loved the mustang way better. The 370 z is nice but for 37k it didn't offer that much more performance than my stock v6. I purchased my new 11 stang for 22,500. I added a sct tune, cold air intake and Flowmaster exhaust. With the aftermarket upgrades I spent total 23,500. One can easily keep up with a stock 370 for 12 to 15 K less. The mustang does not get the respect it deserves. It gives kick ***, reliable performance for the lowest price. Car feels great to drive.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

+1. Well put my friend^
Old 08-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Awd is for women. I just want a boss for a DD. a raptor and maybe, just maybe the new Altima for you know, family crap. That's why they make college lol
Family Crap = Taurus SHO. There ya go.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Now that's a nice car.

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Didn't they make a 500 hp one? Who wouldn't love a shiftless tranny though.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

I have soft spots for some of those other cars. That includes the 370z, (which I'm aware isn't mentioned.) The Genesis, I also like, and it doesn't make a bad noise, either. I love how aggressive the 370z looks, but I think one of its most noteworthy features is the SynchroRev. It's a nice luxury to have if you have a passenger, or if you're coming home from a long, hard day. Of course, if the transmission is an auto, then the SynchroRev won't apply.

I have respect for the FRS and BRZ as well. I like the fact that they have double wishbone suspension, and they're supposed to handle extremely, extremely well. Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure these two handle better than the Mustang. Granted, they really have no power at all (200hp,) so they would be left for dead in a straight line despite their feathery weight, but I'll bet they glide through those corners pretty well. It's what they've been built to do. Of course, I'm not saying that Mustangs can't handle corners.

But again, the FRS/BRZ are under-powered cars, so I'd never get one. The 370z? I wouldn't buy one because for a V6, its gas mileage is really not much better than my 5.0. Even the property tax is literally a few hundred more if you buy the Z new. And as for the Genesis, I don't really find any flaws except that it might be expensive depending on your price range (cheaper than the Z, at least.) I think it's a good little car, and has a decent 315hp to boot. Plus, you can get 300 miles in a tank. (My brother does, at least; he owns one.) All these cars are great-looking, and handle well on the road. I like to think that they have different personalities. I like them all

I don't know about the article's "driving bliss" thing. I mean, is that not subjective? For example, if you're looking for a car that prioritizes handling above all else, then I'd recommend the Miata, or the BRZ/FRS. But if you're more for high horsepower and straightline speed, then go for a muscle car. It depends on what you truly want in a sports car: handling, high hp, luxury/comfort, etc. And whatever the economy of the car is, it may very well be the last thing on your mind, as long as you love and want the car. Driving bliss is different for everyone, no?

But of course, I went with the Mustang I just felt that it was more me, and I do agree that it's one of the best bangs for your buck. No regrets buying it!

You're all welcome to agree or disagree (or correct me if you believe that I need to do more research....)

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I'd love to have a Z. They're nice cars. Good handling, quick, sound nice. Only turn off is that price.. I've seen some BRZ/FRS in person and idk, not crazy about em'. I'd like one as a DD but just not crazy about the looks. Think it needs new wheels or something, idk. Not crazy about the Genesis though. Good performance and think they make like 340hp now. But don't really like how it looks over a Z or Mustang.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #55

I actually prefer the genisis to the z... looks wise, but screw all else I love my stang
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #56
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If I did ever get rid of my Mustang the only car that could replace it for me would be another John Cooper Works (JCW) Mini Cooper. That is, When they come out with the paddle shifter automatic transmission.

I would have kept my 2009 JCW but my legs are getting worse and I needed an Automatic transmission.

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:22 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

My bro is a big mini guy. It's a fun little car to drive, just not for me. I'm sure that JCW was a blast though.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
A friend of mine has a Mini. Go cart on steroids!!! It's a rush to ride in.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms_88
Agreed, I was watching a video on youtube that had everything from the boss 302 laguina, 2 different porches, and a farrier 458... bias to European pos's I think so the boss and the vette were way better choices but the porches finished 1-2... I think its awesome that you can put 2 American made legends among a plethora of eruro super cars and they only pick the euro's because of the price tag. I mean if it's $60,000 more it has to be better right? (Jk)

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Farrari* stupid auto correct
You might be kidding but it's sad that MT and others seem to base their opinions on that.
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Our cars have always been about raw performance, few amenities. Euro's have always been about balanced performance with luxury and a steep price. Japanese imports have always been on the fore-front of technology adaption.

Apparently they pick stuff because they want to be pampered rather than excited. I'm glad their salaries can afford their taste.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I think our premiums are pretty good in terms of luxury. It's got amenities but keeps it simple w/o a million buttons. I love our interior. And with the ambient lighting it gives a cooool relaxed atmosphere.. Until my engine starts anyway lol
Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #62

Haha most agreed, even more so when I do my full exhaust system.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

This is probably one of their better videos...GT500 HANDS DOWN! For the money at least..

"The BRZ lost because it had a women driver.." LOL
w4fang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I tell people all the time dollar for dollar the mustang is the best car, from V-6 to Shelby. I hate when I am modding my GT and my idiot friend is like, "You should have just got a GTR". I'm like, "And you should just give me $80,000". Before I brought a GTR I'd buy a Shelby for my weekend car and a new GT for my dd.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Or buy a Shelby and mod the mess out of it
Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

I don't see a point in modding a Shelby, unless its for brake ducts or better suspension. I think they pretty much nailed the powertrain.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
To each there own I suppose. I love Mustangs and love mine more than any but it's not my favorite car. Just my favorite in my price range. I'll probably never be able to afford a Supercar but you can't deny they are some of the sexiest looking cars. Some dream cars that are a bit more realistic in my future would be a Corvette and GTR which I would gladly take over any stang as much as I love mine
wow,,i wouldnt change mine for anything,,even if i hit the lotto,,i would still keep her,,she would have serious mods though for sure,,but i never like the 2 seater sports car,,i guess its always been the muscle car for me..I just like the classic,,good riding,fast,and family car all in one

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Our cars have always been about raw performance, few amenities. Euro's have always been about balanced performance with luxury and a steep price. Japanese imports have always been on the fore-front of technology adaption.

Apparently they pick stuff because they want to be pampered rather than excited. I'm glad their salaries can afford their taste.
Euros most not have freinds,,like americans,,lol,thats why its all 2 seaters..Hell if you had kids,,i guess you would have to pull a trailer..lol

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4fang22 View Post

This is probably one of their better videos...GT500 HANDS DOWN! For the money at least..

"The BRZ lost because it had a women driver.." LOL
few mods the mustang woulda had them,,lol,,it sounded the best i think when they did the exhaust thing at the end

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang