Attention to detail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Attention to detail

So I cleaned my car this weekend and after I quick detailed it I was thinking of what else I want to do to it. I was bored so I put the vin number in google to pull up the window sticker and lo and behold I have 3.31 gears. My dumb but thought I had 2.73s for some reason.

Which now makes me consider possibly getting a tune or maybe dropping it with some springs and a panhead. I will get new wheels but I'm doing that when my tires go bald. Either one will probably be most of my Christmas present from the wife but now im not sure what to do. I think it looks ok as it is without the drop but I'm also thinking of doing 19s when I get wheels.

Still I was stoked about having 3.31s

I'm not hugely sold on the springs. Anyone have 19s without a drop or do you recommend to drop it with 18s and/or 19s? It seems that most everyone seems to be high on tunes especially on the auto. I am now regretting the extended warranty but i am also over it and am leaning towards a tune.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: Attention to detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
So I cleaned my car this weekend and after I quick detailed it I was thinking of what else I want to do to it. I was bored so I put the vin number in google to pull up the window sticker and lo and behold I have 3.31 gears. My dumb but thought I had 2.73s for some reason.

Which now makes me consider possibly getting a tune or maybe dropping it with some springs and a panhead. I will get new wheels but I'm doing that when my tires go bald. Either one will probably be most of my Christmas present from the wife but now im not sure what to do. I think it looks ok as it is without the drop but I'm also thinking of doing 19s when I get wheels.

Still I was stoked about having 3.31s

I'm not hugely sold on the springs. Anyone have 19s without a drop or do you recommend to drop it with 18s and/or 19s? It seems that most everyone seems to be high on tunes especially on the auto. I am now regretting the extended warranty but i am also over it and am leaning towards a tune.
You could drop with any size wheels as long as they fit in the wheel well (Just don't go over 20s)
And sounds like its time for an upgrade to 3.73s or 4.10s
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
audioAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 604
Re: Attention to detail

Nice looking Stang! A tuner is in your future. And a drop-in K&N or AEM filter.
__________________
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/Airaid/AEM/J&M Bushings/ BMR cradle lockout/BMR CB006 brace/BMR cc bolts/S-04 pole position'
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
JAC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl
Nice looking Stang! A tuner is in your future. And a drop-in K&N or AEM filter.
I have the bbk. Definitely thinking tuner but I'm going to see if I can find some pics of 19s with no drop to see if I like it or not. I'd rather drop before a tuner so I can just do the panhead and springs and not buy new cambers. So I'm going to research and then make a gut call
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
This thread is all for opinions...So here is mine... For wheels go 19's they look the best. 20's are cool but I think they look to big on a beautiful car like the mustang.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6
This thread is all for opinions...So here is mine... For wheels go 19's they look the best. 20's are cool but I think they look to big on a beautiful car like the mustang.
+1. 19's look best. Only problem is tires are a bit more $$ and are a harder to find if you're looking for fat tires! Pisses me off!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:24 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.