Attention to detail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Attention to detail

So I cleaned my car this weekend and after I quick detailed it I was thinking of what else I want to do to it. I was bored so I put the vin number in google to pull up the window sticker and lo and behold I have 3.31 gears. My dumb but thought I had 2.73s for some reason.

Which now makes me consider possibly getting a tune or maybe dropping it with some springs and a panhead. I will get new wheels but I'm doing that when my tires go bald. Either one will probably be most of my Christmas present from the wife but now im not sure what to do. I think it looks ok as it is without the drop but I'm also thinking of doing 19s when I get wheels.

Still I was stoked about having 3.31s

I'm not hugely sold on the springs. Anyone have 19s without a drop or do you recommend to drop it with 18s and/or 19s? It seems that most everyone seems to be high on tunes especially on the auto. I am now regretting the extended warranty but i am also over it and am leaning towards a tune.
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Attention to detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
So I cleaned my car this weekend and after I quick detailed it I was thinking of what else I want to do to it. I was bored so I put the vin number in google to pull up the window sticker and lo and behold I have 3.31 gears. My dumb but thought I had 2.73s for some reason.

Which now makes me consider possibly getting a tune or maybe dropping it with some springs and a panhead. I will get new wheels but I'm doing that when my tires go bald. Either one will probably be most of my Christmas present from the wife but now im not sure what to do. I think it looks ok as it is without the drop but I'm also thinking of doing 19s when I get wheels.

Still I was stoked about having 3.31s

I'm not hugely sold on the springs. Anyone have 19s without a drop or do you recommend to drop it with 18s and/or 19s? It seems that most everyone seems to be high on tunes especially on the auto. I am now regretting the extended warranty but i am also over it and am leaning towards a tune.
You could drop with any size wheels as long as they fit in the wheel well (Just don't go over 20s)
And sounds like its time for an upgrade to 3.73s or 4.10s
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Attention to detail

Nice looking Stang! A tuner is in your future. And a drop-in K&N or AEM filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl
Nice looking Stang! A tuner is in your future. And a drop-in K&N or AEM filter.
I have the bbk. Definitely thinking tuner but I'm going to see if I can find some pics of 19s with no drop to see if I like it or not. I'd rather drop before a tuner so I can just do the panhead and springs and not buy new cambers. So I'm going to research and then make a gut call
JAC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: New York
This thread is all for opinions...So here is mine... For wheels go 19's they look the best. 20's are cool but I think they look to big on a beautiful car like the mustang.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6
This thread is all for opinions...So here is mine... For wheels go 19's they look the best. 20's are cool but I think they look to big on a beautiful car like the mustang.
+1. 19's look best. Only problem is tires are a bit more $$ and are a harder to find if you're looking for fat tires! Pisses me off!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang