how long does it take for a shock -.- - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2015 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

ebgonzalez1 is unknown around these parts
how long does it take for a shock -.-

I took my car in because my front right shock went out and since warrenty covers itbi took it to the bearest dealership.... not the one I bought it from. Its been almost two days and it still hasnt gone in the shop the shock at the shock would take an hour at the most but my car still has not gone in.... pissing me off

Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

maldog is unknown around these parts
Re: how long does it take for a damn shock -.-

Call Ford Customer Relations and tell them what's going on;

800-392-3673

Old 09-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

ronnie948 is just getting started.

The dealer you took it to probably had to order the shock. BUT- Before ordering they had to be sure the factory guy came over to inspect that it was defective and not that you climbed under your car and messed it up your self. Because it is sooooo rare that a shock would go bad before a warranty was over they really think it was something you did and they need the factory to back up paying for the warranty work.
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The thing is my car is just sitting outside in the back they havent even inspected it. Ived had the car for like 3 weeks its brand new not even 700 miles on it :-\
Old 09-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

fordfan100 is unknown around these parts
With it being warranty and over $50 in price for parts it must first be approved as a warranty covered issue before they even put it in a bay.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Dgoebel is unknown around these parts
Yeah it's not ford its just a crappy service department at that location
Old 09-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sanguin is unknown around these parts

I'm sure some of you guys know that saw my initial thread when I got my car. It has a chip in the bumper, from what looked like the grill being installed. It took Ford only 3 days to approve getting the whole bumper redone and I know that wasn't cheap. All they did was take pics and submit it.

If I were you, I would get my car and get an appointment for it to be inspected. No way in hell I'd let it sit on their lot unless it was being put in the shop that day. If they're being slow, try another dealer.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Sanguin is sure right on this:
Quote:
If I were you, I would get my car and get an appointment for it to be inspected. No way in hell I'd let it sit on their lot unless it was being put in the shop that day. If they're being slow, try another dealer.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

ak_stang is unknown around these parts
My rear left shock was leaking and when I took it in they had to take a picture and send it to ford before they could do anything to it, this could be that I live in alaska and they don't have factory people around to look at it though. I think they had my car for about 3 or 4 days. But they were also diagnosing my brake squeaking which i suspected was a bent axle but i wasn't sure of so I played dumb and got it diagnosed for free.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Koasho is unknown around these parts
If they had to take pictures for prior approval then it usually takes half a day for that.

Then they have to order the part and unfortunately a lot of parts are on back order right now because so many major suppliers of these parts went out of business in the last 4-5 years. Not trying to pry but it you can message me the last 8 of your vin then I can tell you the status of the part you need.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

The thing is they havent taken pictures inspected it or even let it touch the shop its just outside waiting. It will be going on its third day tomorow if they aint done at 1 I qm picking it up and taking it to where I bought it.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You would think that when a shock is leaking on a brand new car that it would be replaced promptly. The vendor Ford buys the shocks from will make it good to Ford. They also cover the flat rate for installing it. That dealer loses nothing except the time and paperwork it takes to get reimbursed.

Some dealers just hate warranty work on car they did not sell, They hate warranty work on cars they actually do sell. They just want to sell cars and forget about their customers.

Your lucky you did not purchase the Mustang from a dealer like this.( Lets hope your selling dealer is not like this one)

I'm sure you will keep us informed on your repairs.
Ronnie
Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I called my dealer and they told me just bring it in youll have it ready in a day. One of the reasons why I went to the dealer that sold my car was how they treated me especially since the one I took the car for the shock wanted to sell me a mustang for over 20% AND A LARGE down payment....
Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Got my car back today said that it didnt have nothing wrong with it -.- at least I have my car back.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Happy to hear you got your car back and it was a false alarm. The original dealer you took it to should have inspected the shock when you took it in and not let you hang for three days.
Ronnie
Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Tim13 is unknown around these parts

Ebgonzalez1,

just curious. You said your right front shock went out, and the dealer came back and said there was nothing wrong with it? What was it that made you take it in for service in the first place, and why did Ford say it was fine?

I'm not second guessing you or Ford, I'm just curious as to the detail. Just being nosy I guess....lol.

Tim
Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

In speed bumps at low speeds the front right tire would make a large pop then at the end of the speed bump I would feel the tire bounce back with a lot of force that you could feel it in the entire car and in small dips it would make noises as if the spring kept moving and it is only one tire no other noises in the others.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Tim13 is unknown around these parts

I can see why you took it in to be looked at, I would have as well. Does it still do it? I've had good luck with these types of problems by going to a lower volume dealer, at an off time, and have a tech ride with me to see it first hand. One of my local Ford dealers service departments really slows down on Friday's around 2PM, and they've been very accommodating with going for a ride along to trouble shoot problems for me. Just a thought.

Tim
Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Sanguin is unknown around these parts

If you're getting a pop in the front, there is a known issue and TSB issued for replacing the lower control arm.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

It doesnt do the pop as often now but it does make noises every time the level of the pavement changes. The mechanic told me to ride in another mustang a 13 automatic you could hear the noise but not as bad qnd in the same place. Is this a known issue with all mustangs?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Yeha thisbissue is known sorry I will go to the dealer that i bought the car cause the one i took it sucks
Old 09-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
Staff
Blogger
Staff

99ford is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1
It doesnt do the pop as often now but it does make noises every time the level of the pavement changes. The mechanic told me to ride in another mustang a 13 automatic you could hear the noise but not as bad qnd in the same place. Is this a known issue with all mustangs?

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Yeha thisbissue is known sorry I will go to the dealer that i bought the car cause the one i took it sucks
Yeah take it to another dealer.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Koasho is unknown around these parts
If you can message me the dealership your planning on sending it too, i can find out how long it actually going to take to get the shock in. ( I work in ford parts)
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Went to my dealership gotbit check everything normal they ordered the front lower control arms all in less than an hour very happy
Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Just got my car back they replaced my control arm but said it was still making the noise so they check it again fixed it. Well I check what control arm they put it was the one that was fine not the one making noise lol... yet they still found a way to fix it.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

NewMtang is unknown around these parts
Why didn't you take it to the dealership you bought it from?
Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Because it was the nearest one where I go to school work and live but I already went to the one I bought it from way different customer service

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2015 V6 Mustang