First New Mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
First New Mods?

I have a 2013 sterling grey mustang that has not been modded at all! I have $300, what should be my first mod?? I'm a 16 year old girl btw
bstonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Re: New mods

With only $300, get a rich boyfriend.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

NewMtang, don't be harsh. No need for that.

So, $300? Do you care if you void the warranty? Are you into aesthetics or speed? Give me some help on what you like and I can give some suggestions. If you're into speed and you don't mind voiding the warranty, save a bit more and grab a tuner. You'll absolutely love it.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
With only $300, get a rich boyfriend.
Lol STFU.

And I'm more into appearance right now since I'm only 16 and I don't need more power...right now lol
Old 09-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Could always do some vinyl stripes, throw a GT500 spoiler on there, side scoops, quarter window louvers. Quite a few things hit in that $300 range.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Congrats on that beautiful stang. Go to
Mustang Parts & Performance - American Muscle - Free Shipping!
Check out the different things you can get for $300 once you get 50 post on this forum you'll be able to receive a 6% discount from AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Granted you said you don't want more power but out of the things I've bought so far the tune has been the most impressive
Dgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I was thinking black matte race stripes but I kinda wanna do something like this, and I have no idea where to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1889925982.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	559.3 KB
ID:	67472  
Old 09-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

A new hood is going to cost a lot more than 300
Old 09-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoebel
A new hood is going to cost a lot more than 300
Yeah that's not on the top of the list. Probably the last thing I will do.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

AM has the stuff to make your mustang look bada** that's for sure! I wish you luck! Keep in mind that If you ever decide for power a tune is the first step. I was skeptical then decided to buy the cai and tune combo. Drove it around with just the intake on for a bit and didn't notice much but once I loaded the tune it became a different animal
Old 09-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
First off nice Stang! Second If your wanting appearance tint the windows or get louvers or stripes would make the biggest impact for appearance off the bat. If you do decide to go or performance, or should I say when, get a tube first like everyone else says. You fall in love with your car once driving off the dealers lot and then again after you load a tune!
Nfreeman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nfreeman40
First off nice Stang! Second If your wanting appearance tiny the windows or get louvers or stripes would make the biggest impact for appearance off the bat. If you do decide to go or performance, or should I say when, get a tube first like everyone else says. You fall in love with your car once driving off the dealers lot and then again after you load a tune!
+1
Old 09-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

You can go small or big. Some interior parts, antennas, emblems etc. Or louvers, spoiler, decals. I'd go with the louvers or decals. Beautiful Car.
toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:52 AM   #15
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Get them windows tinted! And with what's left you can fill your car up with gas.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Tint has the biggest impact and it wont eat up your whole budget. You can also paint your brake calipers for real cheap. If you want to protect your stang from stone chips and debris get a 3m clear bra installed for it, itll cost almost $300 though. Everyone is so into "mods" but they wont be so awesome when your front end is filled with chips and scratches.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Get them windows tinted! And with what's left you can fill your car up with gas.
+11
Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

My suggestion is for you to be patient and save up enough to get a set of axle back mufflers for your car first.

A set of Mufflers will make the Mustang sound like it should and look a lot better then that stock small pipe inside of a larger pipe that came on your car.

Remember that after you get 50 posts on this forum you can apply for the American Muscle Discount code and not only get free shipping but 6% off so start saving & posting.

You have $300.00 already so you are half way there.

I personaly have Magnaflow streets on my car and love them. They are a nice deep rumble and not really loud until you punch it.

If you want loud there are plenty of other mufflers to choose from. Check American Muscle under venders on this forum and check out some of the video's.
Ronnie

ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well since the "RICH BOYFRIEND" is out of the question, how about tinting the windows and getting some pin striping down the side.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Congrats on the Stang! I wish I was 16 when I got my first Mustang, enjoy it! As far as the $300 goes I would agree with everybody so far, tinting the windows would be number one in my book. If you have a couple more bucks, the louvers also look great on the 13's. But the main question is, what (if anything) do you dislike about the car? The grille, front end, rear end, is the appearance to plain for you (cough pink stripes, cough) etc. From there you can decide what you want to do first!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Congrats on the car, I just got mine after I graduated college. We have the same color and I have the louvers on so you can see what they look like. I'm going to get my windows tinted monday
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Can I borrow your RICH PARENTS for some work on my Mustang? No one else seemed to have noticed, 16 and has a NEW MUSTANG!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

haha, as a fellow 16 year old, do what i did. learn to do stuff yourself, it will save a lot of mod money! unless you're getting tint or stripes, then go to a shop
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
Can I borrow your RICH PARENTS for some work on my Mustang? No one else seemed to have noticed, 16 and has a NEW MUSTANG!
My parents didn't even buy it. I did. Also, I got the cheapest one on the lot. Nothing fancy, just a plain old mustang. It's amazing what one girl can do if she wants something bad enough, ******bag.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire
haha, as a fellow 16 year old, do what i did. learn to do stuff yourself, it will save a lot of mod money! unless you're getting tint or stripes, then go to a shop
I was thinking I'll go with tiny first yours looks good btw!
Old 09-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Good for you guys/gals that get them at 16. Whether your parents bought it or not. I wish I could've had one at that age. But I'm not going to hate. Good for you! And even if it was because of parents, would anyone on here say "no mom and dad, i don't want that brand new mustang". I'd take it in a heart beat as I'm sure everyone else would.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Good for you guys/gals that get them at 16. Whether your parents bought it or not. I wish I could've had one at that age. But I'm not going to hate. Good for you! And even if it was because of parents, would anyone on here say "no mom and dad, i don't want that brand new mustang". I'd take it in a heart beat as I'm sure everyone else would.
Exactly!! My parents told me I could get whatever I wanted if I paid for it. So I worked my butt of, saved the money and paid for my own car. They did help a little, but I was the majority of it. It bugs me when people call me rich or whatever just because I have a new Stang :/
Old 09-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
1 for looks I think lowering springs gives the more aggressive look ... 2 tinted windows for sure lol.... 3 vinyl strips haha pink race stripes 4 for fun LEDS for the inside of the car..... Orrrr possibly tint the windows and all ur lights!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Lowering springs with a 1.25-2" drop 19" rims if your more about performance 20" wheels for more looks than performance
Axle backs to let that pony show her dark side : ) oh definitely window tint not to only keep it cooler inside the car but when you launch it at a light and beat a rice burner roll down the window blow them a kiss they poop themselves realizeing dammm I just got spanked not only by a high quality American muscle car but by a chick(noaffense)! Bahahahaha!

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Oh and i dont recommend street racing keep it on the track!
formulaDstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstonk

Exactly!! My parents told me I could get whatever I wanted if I paid for it. So I worked my butt of, saved the money and paid for my own car. They did help a little, but I was the majority of it. It bugs me when people call me rich or whatever just because I have a new Stang :/
Congrats for getting your new stang, if I'd gotten mine when I was 16 my friends would've hated me!! Well who am i kidding they hate me now for having my stang at 21! Ignore the haters, enjoy your beautiful stang! As far as mods and with what you've got to spend for now. I recommend tint first, then you should have money left over to get some caliper paint (I have red calipers on my sterling grey). Those will give your stang a new look all together! Personally tint was my first mod a week after I got my stang! Good luck to a fellow Mustang girl!
v6MustangGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl

Congrats for getting your new stang, if I'd gotten mine when I was 16 my friends would've hated me!! Well who am i kidding they hate me now for having my stang at 21! Ignore the haters, enjoy your beautiful stang! As far as mods and with what you've got to spend for now. I recommend tint first, then you should have money left over to get some caliper paint (I have red calipers on my sterling grey). Those will give your stang a new look all together! Personally tint was my first mod a week after I got my stang! Good luck to a fellow Mustang girl!
How dark should I go with the tint? And I'll check out the paint!
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I went wih 20
But if u wanna stay legal o with he 30-35 house
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I went wih 20
Hmmm...how much did the 20 cost?
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I went wih 20
1+ honestly the legal tint doesn't look as good IMO but you'd have to make sure to find a inspection place that will pass it with illegal tint on it and hope the cops don't bother you (I haven't been stopped). Here the inspection stations won't pass it if it's not legal tint, but I know a few guys that will pass it for me so I don't have any issues.

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote:

Hmmm...how much did the 20 cost?
Mine was around $170 with a lifetime warranty on the tint.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6MustangGurl

1+ honestly the legal tint doesn't look as good IMO but you'd have to make sure to find a inspection place that will pass it with illegal tint on it and hope the cops don't bother you (I haven't been stopped). Here the inspection stations won't pass it if it's not legal tint, but I know a few guys that will pass it for me so I don't have any issues.
Yeah I live in a small town where the cops pull you over to talk about school, your car, whatever. It scared the crap outta me the first time it happened but they like me so maybe I could get away with it!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I live in a small town where the cops pull you over to talk about school, your car, whatever. It scared the crap outta me the first time it happened but they like me so maybe I could get away with it!
Haha sounds like my town, oh another reasonably priced mod is side marker tint, def dulls down the bright yellow/red but still very visible light comes thru at night but gives a sleeker look during the daytime. Mine are done so you can check out pics from my Greycee's album.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang