Tuning Guide- Engine, CAI, exhuast questions here - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I hope the same old new questions can be asked here instead of new threads.

To be clear, what modifications for power can be done by order of car.

Intake -
C/W Air Induction/Throttle Body Spacer
Turbo charger/Supercharger

Engine -
Pulleys

Exhaust -
Headers
H/X pipe
Axle backs

What else is there that can be done? I know a tuner and reboring, but to keep it basically the same.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: Tuning Guide- Engine, CAI, exhuast questions here

I hope I am understanding the question correctly. I think you are asking if all these mods can be performed and in what order should you do them.

So, No pulleys. the whole front-end accessory drive or FEAD for this motor has been redone in the conversion from east-west installation to north-south, so the engine now uses what Ford calls a stretchy FEAD, with no idlers or tensioners to rob power from the engin. For the air conditioning compressor, a second belt and tensioner to drive all of the other pumps. As long as you dont have the AC on it isnt using/losing any power. They wont ever make underdrive pulleys because of what has been stated above.

Not related to this motor, but if you were boosting, say 4.6 v8, and you did have a set of underdrive pulleys on it prior to a supercharger, you would have to go back to the stock ones anyway.

With all the mods you have listed it really doesnt matter. I would skip the Throttle Body Spacer too.. Not going to do anything. If you went with a Supercharger you could get a bigger Throttle body which will help but only if you boost. Not going to help much at all on a N/A car.

Ok.

So. Turbocharging. A complete kit isnt really out yet and that said if you are going to go with a turbo setup I would not do Headers or anything forward of the cats until you have the turbo in because you will need to modify or change it out completely and maybe even go back to the stock manifolds or the ecoboost 3.7 manifolds that are on the F150 even. It could be a waste of time and money.

If you are going to go the supercharger/ Procharger route (only one available for our cars right now) then I would do the full exhaust and the supercharger. Might as well do it all at the same time so you can have it dyno tuned all in one shot and save yourself money there. Also, it will be easier to install everything at once as you can take off the stock intake and manifolds and have much more room to work. In this order I would take off the intake manifold and exhaust manifolds. Replace with headers and do the exhaust. Then install the supercharger. This will give you the most room to work while doing the install.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

Any exhaust work past the initial exhaust dump off the turbo is useless for power with that setup. The turbo is the bottle neck and a 3 1/2" dump coming off the turbo for about a foot or so, then you can run stock piping to the rear. Nothing fancy is needed.

The only mods that are universal and add performance between supercharger and turbo are suspension and gears. Anything else is subject to change or modification.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

senguine...do you have a link for your homemade intake post? can't find it in the search.
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Ghetto Intake

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t309832/

I made one cheap as well from Sanguin's "How To" and it came out awesome.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai