i need some suggestions! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
i need some suggestions!

So, first of all. This is my to do list for my mustang:

1. Window tint
2. 3D CARBON Body kit
3. AM Wheels
4. Roush exhaust
5. TUNE + CAI

But I only get 2000 dollars, I can't do it all with these money obviously. But exhaust and window tint are on the top of my list.

So I am thinking if I should change my body kit first or wheels? My wheels are seriously ugly I should have bought the performance pkg, it looks way more hotter.

So, Wheels or body kit?
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Wheels were the first mod on mod car. Drove my car home from the dealer and my wheels were being offloaded from the UPS truck. In terms of looks, it makes the biggest difference imo. Body kit should be one of the last things you do. With that, you need the kit plus get it painted. After all said and done it could cost you over $2000 and you'd still have stock wheels and it just wouldn't look right. With $2000, get the wheels, tint, and lowering springs if you want/can. I promise you won't regret it. I bet most on here would say cold air and tune. But that's because most haven't upgraded to a nice set of wheels. I was much, much happier with the tint, wheels and springs then I was after the tune. What wheels were you looking at btw? Also, wheels are much harder to save for then something like a cheap cold air or tuner. Get then now or you may not be able to for a long time.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: i need some suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
Wheels were the first mod on mod car. Drove my car home from the dealer and my wheels were being offloaded from the UPS truck. In terms of looks, it makes the biggest difference imo. Body kit should be one of the last things you do. With that, you need the kit plus get it painted. After all said and done it could cost you over $2000 and you'd still have stock wheels and it just wouldn't look right. With $2000, get the wheels, tint, and lowering springs if you want/can. I promise you won't regret it. I bet most on here would say cold air and tune. But that's because most haven't upgraded to a nice set of wheels. I was much, much happier with the tint, wheels and springs then I was after the tune. What wheels were you looking at btw? Also, wheels are much harder to save for then something like a cheap cold air or tuner. Get then now or you may not be able to for a long time.
Point taken, Sparco wheels, yes thats right, sparco wheels. I never heard they make wheels, but yea...i dont know

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Speaking of the lowering spring, I want to get this.

Ford Racing Mustang N-Springs (05-13 V6) M-5300-N - Free Shipping!

Is there anything else that I need to buy to lower my car? I am not going to do it by myself, Im gonna give it to some local body shops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01

Point taken, Sparco wheels, yes thats right, sparco wheels. I never heard they make wheels, but yea...i dont know
Never heard of them. Got a link?
Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never heard of them. Got a link?
Wheels for 2011 Ford Mustang Coupe Automatic Transmission

here you go!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

There are plenty of threads on lowering. But I ran just springs for a few thousand miles w/o any problems. Panhard is recommended though.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There are plenty of threads on lowering. But I ran just springs for a few thousand miles w/o any problems. Panhard is recommended though.
PMed
Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida

My personal opinion is: Mufflers first before anything else These v-6 Mustangs are way to silent with the stock mufflers. A Toyota Prius is louder. Find a set of axlebacks you think you like and do this mod first. You won't be sorry.

A Mustang needs to sound like a Mustang & not a vacume cleaner.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Very true ronnie^ You can never go wrong a new exhaust setup either
Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My personal opinion is: Mufflers first before anything else These v-6 Mustangs are way to silent with the stock mufflers. A Toyota Prius is louder. Find a set of axlebacks you think you like and do this mod first. You won't be sorry.

A Mustang needs to sound like a Mustang & not a vacume cleaner.
Ronnie
Thinking about getting a Roush axle back, i hope it will be a good choice!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

If you want loud get the Rousch mufflers but if you just want a good deep rumble and don't want to hear it in the car you need to look into the Magnaflow Streets. There are a whole bunch of mufflers to choose from so get on U-tube or the American muscle site and listen to the video's.
I have the Magnaflow streets on my car and really like the total all around sound they have. I also like the quality and the looks of the tips.

Don't forget to contact Dan at American Muscle for the discount code to save some $$$$ on whatever you purchase.

AMDanBailer send instant message to this :

I love the tips on my Magnaflow streets
Old 09-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
If you want loud get the Rousch mufflers but if you just want a good deep rumble and don't want to hear it in the car you need to look into the Magnaflow Streets. There are a whole bunch of mufflers to choose from so get on U-tube or the American muscle site and listen to the video's.
I have the Magnaflow streets on my car and really like the total all around sound they have. I also like the quality and the looks of the tips.

Don't forget to contact Dan at American Muscle for the discount code to save some $$$$ on whatever you purchase.

AMDanBailer send instant message to this :

I love the tips on my Magnaflow streets
Definitely agree. Im saving to get the magnaflow streets. There are also a couple of threads already on the topic. Good luck
Insane4Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01 View Post

1. Window tint
2. 3D CARBON Body kit
3. AM Wheels
4. Roush exhaust
5. TUNE + CAI

But I only get 2000 dollars, I can't do it all with these money obviously. But exhaust and window tint are on the top of my list.

So I am thinking if I should change my body kit first or wheels? My wheels are seriously ugly I should have bought the performance pkg, it looks way more hotter.

So, Wheels or body kit?
IMO, to the average person, wheels are more noticeable than the body kit.
especially if they are 22 in chrome wheels.
lol JK JK. that's the bad kind of attention
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Ugh nothing is dumber than stock wheels with a body kit, i think body kits are tacky on stangs unless every single detail is breathed on including suspension and wider wheels.

I love my stock pony pckg wheels they just are not wide enough, people are so impressed with size of the wheel but width makes a huge impact too.
the_stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #15

Region: Texas
Definitely go with the wheels. My neighbor got some new AM wheels and Some lowering springs and it looks very nice. You may change how you feel about the kit after the wheels.
Coogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogfan View Post
Definitely go with the wheels. My neighbor got some new AM wheels and Some lowering springs and it looks very nice. You may change how you feel about the kit after the wheels.
Really? Okay! Thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

You can have the nice wheels, stripes, hood scoops, and anything else you can put on your Mustang but if it still sounds like a Toyota Prius it won't be as nice to drive.

I personally would get wheels well after the Mufflers, CAI, & Tuner. You hafta know that you can't hear, see or feel the wheels when you are driving. You can hear the exhaust, and feel the extra power of the CAI & Tuner. You asked for suggestions and this is mine.
Ronnie
Old 09-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01

1. Window tint
2. 3D CARBON Body kit
3. AM Wheels
4. Roush exhaust
5. TUNE + CAI

So, Wheels or body kit?
If you say your wheels are ugly then buy wheels first if you go with the body kit you will still have ugly wheel with the body kit. AM wheel make the stock Stangs look sweet!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I say do the wheels first bro, and then the body kit. That's what I'm planning on doing after I get my exhaust.
SliverStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Like SilverStang say's:
Quote:
I say do the wheels first bro, and then the body kit. That's what I'm planning on doing after I get my exhaust.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Have you done much to your car Ronnie or is it still in the beginning stages?
SliverStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The first thing I did was cover up those ugly yellow warning stickers on the sun visors.
Those were something I seen every time I got into the car.

Second thing was my Magnaflow Streets.
I did not want loud but a nice deep rumble and good performance. They also look great.

I put in a K&N drop in air filter. (CAI would be nice but I think the drop in is good for my old man style of driving)

I Put the Boss 302 strut brace on because I do think they hold the front of the car much stiffer.

I put the trunk cargo net from ford and I have the Caliper Covers from American Muscle but have not installed them yet.

Here is a picture of my Mustang

I love the looks and I love my wheels. I can't hardly wait to put the red caliper covers on but it has been way to hot here in Florida.

Even if I had ugly wheels I still would get Mufflers first.( Well, the Visor stickers first) Then the Mufflers. My opinion is that a Mustang needs to be heard and not so silent. It don't matter what mufflers a person decides to get as long as they listen to some video's first to see how loud and how much of a popping sound they want to hear all the time. I just like a nice deep sound so I narrowed my choice down to Magnaflow streets or Ford Racing touring. I went to a local speed shop and compared the looks and final quality of both brands and opted for the Magnaflow streets due to the better looking quality and the great looking tips. I did not hear either except for the video's on you-tube but after hearing the Ford Racing on a V6 at the AM Mustang show I was glad I chose the Magnaflows.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang