Put on a set of Flowmaster Force II's today. Video clip enclosed. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: Put on a set of Flowmaster Force II's today. Video clip enclosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
Well it is a magnaflow. They will give the car a deep tone. Just look what streets do to our v6. Instant v8 pitch and harmonics. The ones at AM are just straight bent no muffler and just the tips.

My assumption is that the comps will sound like this except take out the harsh tones. Refinement basically. I've never heard a single setup in person except roush and that was on a v6 passing my on highway. Wayy to rice for a mustang.
Good assumption of the Comps. Alludc put a video up of his Roush's with and without a set of Magnaflow resonators and I think the resonators made them sound much better. I have not heard the setup in person but have heard Roush's in person and they sound very much like an asian built sport bike with a modified pipe IMO.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
I have to disagree sir. I've heard a setup with straight pipes and didn't think it sounded anything like my comps. It was raspier, my magnaflow are deeper and just an all around better tone. Mine aren't the muffler deletes though so those could be different and in which case you may be right. But even if you watch some vids of both, there is a clear difference.

Yes. I tested it with no mufflers and it was much better with the Magnaflow tips. Still loud though like running your car without mufflers but deeper, more refined, less thrashy sounding.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alludc View Post
I love these back & forths

Great with a cup of coffee right?
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #37

Region: Virginia
Hey guys I have a question, I recently ordered flowmasters force ii for my 08 v6 and the come with the scavenger pipe the mandarin tubing and 60 series mufflers. I would like your opinion on how they might sound... Or do I need to trade the mufflers from 60s to 40 series to get a rumbling ideal...
My mechanic says the 60s would be better due to the fact they are specially tuned...
Can you please help me because I wanna make sure I made a good investment as far as going with the flowmaster force ii for my v6 08
To achieve a rumble close enough to a gt... I know it's not a gt and will never sound like one but I plan on making the most out of my car since I love it...

Thanks you
God bless
~simper fi
arphell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I would just stick with the 60's and see how the sound. You can swap them later if you dont like them.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love my Force 2's...
BUT...I want the Magnaflow Comps......much meaner.
got the flow's cause they were a steal...kid here bought em for his ride and wrecked it before he installed them. his dad put him in a honda civic.....so I bought em off him

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sounds good
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom
I love my Force 2's...
BUT...I want the Magnaflow Comps......much meaner.
got the flow's cause they were a steal...kid here bought em for his ride and wrecked it before he installed them. his dad put him in a honda civic.....so I bought em off him
You definitely should get the comps trust me!!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
after warranty is bye bye. remember...dealer being a snit about cat backs. axle backs no big.....BIG list for when this warranty is over...especially if that polished intake for the 3.7s on another thread goes into production..WOW!

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang