Put on a set of Flowmaster Force II's today. Video clip enclosed. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Put on a set of Flowmaster Force II's today. Video clip enclosed.

Click link above for youtube video.

Not nearly as loud as the Magnaflow Comps I had on. Has a deep tone in cabin. Louder than stock on the throttle and a little louder when idling. Deeper at every RPM. When cruising in 4th or 5th 6th at 45-50 it sounds like stock when you are slightly on the gas. Snap Crackle n Pop on decel but not as much as the Comps did. I like them. Subtle below 2k, a bit aggressive at 3k, around 4k it is very agressive.

In comparing the Magnaflow comps to them they are complete opposites.

If the Magnaflows were a little more quiet at idle and when I was in the gas I would have kept them on. The Flowmasters I wish were a little louder at idle but are perfect for when I am in the gas for my ears.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
I have the same exhaust and I'm pretty pleased so far. But I have a rattle when I hit bumps and I can't figure out why. I know it's coming from the axle backs for sure but can't find what/where is loose....
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Put on a set of Flowmaster Force II's today. Video clip enclosed.

Check all the bolts including the ones from the cat back. It is possible that the pipes forward from where the cans were attached became loose. Also could be one of the Muffler hanger rubber bushings has cracked or worn and is allowing the muffler to touch when you hit big bumps or vibrate at a certain frequency. Lastly, or maybe first actually lol... I would do is tap on each the muffler to make sure nothing has come apart inside or that nothing has gotten inside like a rock or acorn etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan

How is the drone on the highway? I had the Flowmaster American Thunder on my 2006 and it sounded great outside at idle and at WOT - on the highway though the drone was so bad that I couldn't hear anything by the time I got to work, and couldn't hear the radio while driving.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Sounds awesome bro.
SliverStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Sounds good!
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Very very little if any drone at all. You can hear them but they are not overly loud inside. Outside they are fairly deep and sound tuned at highway speeds. I had a vette with his top down roll up beside me at a red light area and he kept reving his engine at me for a 1/2 mile or so as we rode side by side. My thought is that he heard the mufflers and thought it was something a little tougher than a base v6.... Or he was an ***. lol... On the highway at all IMO in 5th or 6th gear. A little deeper than stock and a tiny bit louder. With the AC on or the radio on you dont hear them unless you put your foot in it. I know what you are talking about as I have had a few friends with the setup you had on 2005-2009 cars and they droned bad. Same with MAC's.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #8
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
Check all the bolts including the ones from the cat back. It is possible that the pipes forward from where the cans were attached became loose. Also could be one of the Muffler hanger rubber bushings has cracked or worn and is allowing the muffler to touch when you hit big bumps or vibrate at a certain frequency. Lastly, or maybe first actually lol... I would do is tap on each the muffler to make sure nothing has come apart inside or that nothing has gotten inside like a rock or acorn etc.
Thanks! I'll try to take a look this weekend
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, they moved my exhaust vid clip the 1st hour that I had it on here.

Heres a link to my updated Roush axleback + Magnaflow glasspacks.

One of these days we gotta get together and check out the whips
http://youtu.be/FnXY-8iSujY?hd=1
alludc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

why? just watched and commented on your youtube channel. magnapacks made a huge difference. sounds much better.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
Thanks! I'll try to take a look this weekend
Also make sure that the bolts attaching the muffler to the over the axle pipe is not hitting the pipe at all. Double check the bolts that hold the tips on too. I had a slight vibration from the bolt holding the axleback to the over the axle as it was touching the ota pipe. Spun the clamp and re tightened and it fixed it right up.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

moderator was havin a bad day maybe? lol. thats why I have a jacked up sig line.

didnt get any comments on my YT. But yea, its wayyyyyyyyyyy better
Old 09-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I put them on about a month ago with some help. Love the sound and it doesn't bother the neighbors.
Schreiberesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:25 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I also have them. They sound good to me. No one ever seems to have any complaints about these. Best out there for the money if you ask me
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Here are some drive by passes on video I just took.

2013 mustang V6 Flowmaster forceII - YouTube
Old 09-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

They sound good
********************BUT**********************************

They also sound like :COP MAGNET"S

The Police here in the Daytona area would just plain love the sound of your Flowmasters.
The noise ticket is not as bad as they start checking everything else on you and your car. It could get ugly if you removed the cats. Or your tint is to dark. They usualy will find something else besides the mufflers to hang on you.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

They arent really that loud Ronnie. Maybe the video is making them seem louder. These are right on par with the magnaflow streets and the FRPP sport mufflers. Deeper then stock but not much louder. I should have done a before video with the stock exhaust and me getting on it in the same area etc. I was driving next to a 4.6 GT yesterday with the stock cans and I was behind them too and they were louder than these. Here in AZ it is much much more relaxed with police and exhaust I gather from what you said. NJ too for that matter. My last car had LT's High flow cats, race mufflers etc. They put my car on the rollers for inspection and ran it through its paces. It echoed like crazy in the building and it passed no problem here in AZ. The people that worked there actually complimented me on it and said it sounded fast. lol It passed in NJ to last year before we moved here.

Now, The magnaflow comps (the delete ones) that I had on for all of 3 miles. They were much louder and aggressive than these but I have heard louder on the streets here... I think where you are the cops just are tough because of Spring Break, Bike Week, Speed Week etc. You should move! lol. j/k

My thoughts are if you are going to rev it and keep the RPM's up in populated areas your going to get what you deserve.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I guess your probably right. When I floor my car it does really scream pretty good. Just driving around my Streets are just nice and mellow.

The next time you do a video just drive by at a normal everyday driving pace. Not accelerating but just granny driving. That way we will get a nice report how they sound most of the time.

I never heard my car from outside because I'm always driving. It sure comes alive inside the car when I floor it though. The K&N drop in filter also lets my engine wail pretty loud.

As far as me moving, """NEVER""" I moved down here from Delaware 36 years ago and I will never leave this area. I love all of the events and everything about the Daytona Beach Florida area. This is """HOME""

Ronnie
Old 09-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I will shoot that video too. Great idea. Ya I love it there too, you live in paradise.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So I'm curious... Why have you guys been getting rid of your magnaflows comps? I have the street series and like the sound at WOT but I do wish they were a little louder with normal driving. I was considering trading them in for some comps. Any advice would be helpful
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi David,
If I were you I would keep the streets, My reasoning is that you are not annoyed by them while driving because you are inside of the car and don't hear them like a person outside of the car would.

Let a friend drive your car while you stand outside and you will be surprised just how good they sound. I ran into a guy with a 2013 with the streets on and I was amazed how good his car sounded when he drove into five guys hamburgers. I stood there while he backed into a space and recognized the tips right away. He had no other mods done at all except for the mufflers. I showed him my K&N drop in air filter and boss strut bar as well as my favorite ( The Mustang stickers covering the ugly yellow warning crap on the sun visors)

He was from Georgia and just down for the weekend to get some miles on his car. His was a V6 automatic.

Ronnie
Old 09-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I just shot the video of normal driving. About 150 miles on mufflers now. They will get deeper as they get more carbon build up on the insides.

I agree with Ronnie. Let someone drive your car and push it a little and you listen from the street. If you dont like it then maybe make the change.

That said I liked the Comps and they were aggressive sounding and throaty but a bit too loud for my taste.

I have videos of the Comps (delete muffler versions on my youtube page too)
Old 09-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488
So I'm curious... Why have you guys been getting rid of your magnaflows comps? I have the street series and like the sound at WOT but I do wish they were a little louder with normal driving. I was considering trading them in for some comps. Any advice would be helpful
I didn't get rid of mine never would either.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Cyclon37, Do u have the deletes or the ones with the race mufflers. Just curious. Mine were deletes. I only had them on the car for a few miles and I made my mind up right away but wondering if the race muffler versions are just a little less aggressive and if that would have been perfect. Nonetheless, I like the Force II's on my car now so they will stay. Post some clips of yours if you can. everyone. Would love to hear what yours sound like
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d
Cyclon37, Do u have the deletes or the ones with the race mufflers. Just curious. Mine were deletes. I only had them on the car for a few miles and I made my mind up right away but wondering if the race muffler versions are just a little less aggressive and if that would have been perfect. Nonetheless, I like the Force II's on my car now so they will stay. Post some clips of yours if you can. everyone. Would love to hear what yours sound like
Do you still have them?
davidn7488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
The comps are a glorified straight pipe. You want a rough idea of how loud they are just romove the factory exhaust. That's how loud they are. Not ricey but they will annoy your neighbors at startup. My neighbors are 1/8 mile away and we live in a rural area.

That said, on my DD that is too much noise for me and like Ronnie, cops are cracking down for what seems like no reason. The keywords in exhaust is..."in my opinion" comps are good for a non DD or if you are 16 and still into Hondas that make loud noises and don't go fast. Give the mustang a roar, something that says hey, I'll eat you alive with 305 hp.

Just my .02 guys.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidn7488 View Post
Do you still have them?
Sold them this week.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Mine have the race mufflers. I'm not sure why the regular axle-backs don't but the quad tip version does? Doesn't make sense to me. And I'll get a vid up eventually. I'm just lazy lol. I think that they are pretty loud but I'd like it a bit louder. Idk, maybe I'm crazy. My GF says she knows my cars coming from a few blocks away. I always think she's kidding lol. Also, they could be too loud for most. But mine isn't a DD so everytime I drive my car, I want to hear it. I could see how it can get annoying after a while for most. My GF hates it, that's for sure. I just tell her that she doesn't have to ride in it
Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi pwby4d,
They sound pretty darn good. The video with you under 3,000 RPM will probably help a few people decide if they want them or not. I think they are a tad louder then my Magnaflow streets but it may be due to my streets have a much deeper sound.

I don't think you will have the cops busting you when you are just normal driving. Can you hear them inside of your car while driving slow?

Ronnie
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning
The comps are a glorified straight pipe. You want a rough idea of how loud they are just romove the factory exhaust. That's how loud they are. Not ricey but they will annoy your neighbors at startup. My neighbors are 1/8 mile away and we live in a rural area.

That said, on my DD that is too much noise for me and like Ronnie, cops are cracking down for what seems like no reason. The keywords in exhaust is..."in my opinion" comps are good for a non DD or if you are 16 and still into Hondas that make loud noises and don't go fast. Give the mustang a roar, something that says hey, I'll eat you alive with 305 hp.

Just my .02 guys.
Are the comps really going to make my car sound like a Honda? Haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

Are the comps really going to make my car sound like a Honda? Haha
Not exactly. It's almost like running a straight pipe. When I had that setup for all of about a weekend it sounded good at 3-7k rpm. Anything lower it had too much drone. If I could post a video on here I would how you exactly what it'll sound like. The comps just refine it more.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

I have to disagree sir. I've heard a setup with straight pipes and didn't think it sounded anything like my comps. It was raspier, my magnaflow are deeper and just an all around better tone. Mine aren't the muffler deletes though so those could be different and in which case you may be right. But even if you watch some vids of both, there is a clear difference.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Well it is a magnaflow. They will give the car a deep tone. Just look what streets do to our v6. Instant v8 pitch and harmonics. The ones at AM are just straight bent no muffler and just the tips.

My assumption is that the comps will sound like this except take out the harsh tones. Refinement basically. I've never heard a single setup in person except roush and that was on a v6 passing my on highway. Wayy to rice for a mustang.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Hi pwby4d,
They sound pretty darn good. The video with you under 3,000 RPM will probably help a few people decide if they want them or not. I think they are a tad louder then my Magnaflow streets but it may be due to my streets have a much deeper sound.

I don't think you will have the cops busting you when you are just normal driving. Can you hear them inside of your car while driving slow?

Ronnie

I agree the video was a great idea. Most people that do videos show wide open throttle, revving and idle.

Driving around "normal" for lack of a better way to put it, I can here the mufflers with the windows up a bit but is deep and subtle. You could easily have a conversation in the car, here the radio low etc. You can also here the exhaust a bit with the A/C on high etc. On highway speed at around 70-75 you hear it more than if you were at lower speeds and some might call this a subtle drone but it is not at an annoying RPM frequency.

Ya I think the Magnaflow Streets are deeper but have less of a tonal range than the Flowmasters... IMO anyway. I got the Flows for 300 bucks brand new so it really played a huge part in my decision though. I heard both prior to getting them and The Flowmasters have a little pulse, gurgle and pop to them which I like very much. The Magnaflows have a deeper tone but have a muffled - pillow over the tail pipe sound, again to my ears and is ubjective to taste and my opinion isnt the be all end all. That said if you dont like a little gurgle and pop than the Magnaflows are a great choice for a person that wants a deep tone but isnt looking to get pulled over. Again, my opinion.

The Magnaflow comps. I agree that they are loud, but not Honda sounding either but your opinion is just as valid as mine too.

The resonator tips really help tame the rawness of not having a muffler. I had started my car without the mufflers and then with one Magnaflow Comp on (I wish I had shot video) and you could hear the difference easily between the side with the Comp on was deeper and tuned. The resonator tips really do break up the sound pulses a bit. They were deeper sounding then the Flowmasters that is for sure. If you compare the two videos I shot of the Comps and the Force II axle backs you can hear that the Mags were deeper.

The videos were shot in the same area, same car within 200 miles on the car of each other.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I love these back & forths

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang