all season tires 2013 19" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
all season tires 2013 19"

I am getting my 2013 v6 performance package mustang in a few weeks (hopefully), and want to change out the 255/40 Pirelli P Zero summer tires with 19" all season. I'd like to keep the same rims. any suggestions on 19" all seasons?

The tires pressure sensor is on the rim, so all tires are compatible, right?

Also, i know it's about preference, but how do you feel about the 45s vs the 40s width-wise? i'm leaning more towards normal instead of staggered, but like the extra surface area. balance issues?

I heard sams club gives you pretty good deals. I may sign up for 35 bucks just to get a membership. I heard that they were a few hundred bucks cheaper than tireRack.com...

thanks,
Josh
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Re: all season tires 2013 19"

not alot in the 255/40-19 or 275/35-19 range. mostly agressive summer tires.

cuold bump down to 245/45-19 and look at the Pirelli pzero nero all season, or yokohame avid envigor.

or better yet, if you really plan on seeing snow...ditch the pretty wheels for the winter and put on a set of take offs from another base 6cyl or gt that already have allseasons.
http://youtu.be/FnXY-8iSujY?hd=1
alludc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

problem is storage. i live in an apartment. i'd love to sell the summer tires online. maybe craigslist. i like to keep the rims though, and don't wanna pay for new ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

does anybody know if i can put 45's instead of 40's for all season tires on a performance package model (as long as they are 19" wheels)? Also, they change the springs for the PP so i assume you can't just put 19" wheels on a standard stock model.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

youd find a buyer for the stock tires, maybe even me.

as far as the size change. a 255-45 would technically fit, but would be a full inch taller in diameter and change your speedo by 3.7%

most 19s that are a good fit will fall in the 'summer performance' spectrum.
http://youtu.be/FnXY-8iSujY?hd=1
alludc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Where do u live. I'm in nj
Old 10-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have Pirelli pzero neros that I use during the fall and winter. They're 19s, and they're decent in the rain. I've also driven them on light snow with no problems. I ordered them from AmericanMuscle if you wanted to check that out.

My 2012 GT Premium.
Six Speed Manual
Forgestar CF10s
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

i was considering keeping the pirelli summer tires on during the winter...probably not a good idea..eh?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg
i was considering keeping the pirelli summer tires on during the winter...probably not a good idea..eh?
I see your in Jersey and I know you guys can get a lot of snow so I say no. All seasons won't make it better either. Find a cheap set of wheels (maybe take-off or tiretack) and get winter tires. I'm in NY and when I had winter tires on my old stang it was a huge difference. I was like the fastest driver in the snow! Lol (maybe not the safest thing to do ) But it wasn't even a comparison with summers or all-seasons I had prior. Still gotta be careful but it is a big difference.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
I see your in Jersey and I know you guys can get a lot of snow so I say no. All seasons won't make it better either. Find a cheap set of wheels (maybe take-off or tiretack) and get winter tires. I'm in NY and when I had winter tires on my old stang it was a huge difference. I was like the fastest driver in the snow! Lol (maybe not the safest thing to do ) But it wasn't even a comparison with summers or all-seasons I had prior. Still gotta be careful but it is a big difference.

Problem is that I don't have anywhere to put the wheels...my closet in my 1 br apt? lol.

how do the summer tires perform in the rain? guessing the snow tires are bad for gas milage.

Also, can I mount the tire pressure sensors myself or do i need to buy them from tire rack for 170 bucks as well?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Dude, find somewhere to store your tires! Friends house, family, etc. You Dont want to run summer tires in the winter! Invest in winter tires, you might not get as much snow as we do in montreal, but im sure its enough that you dont want to slide into the guy in front of you with you beautiful car! They will pay for themselves with the amount of gas youll save over the years! Summer tires just dont work in the winter in a front wheel drive never mind a stang!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang