Police interceptor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Police interceptor

So I hear you can buy a police interceptor? Where can I get one?! And how much is it?!!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mezmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Kansas
Posts: 230
Re: Police interceptor

Which kind?

Are you talking about the new one that looks like the Taurus?
__________________
2004 Mustang Mach 1 - SY
Exhaust - Wanna be Flomasters...
JLT Ram Air Intake
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
NicholasP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,161
Well I didn't know until now that a police interceptor is an entire engine I thought it might be a supercharger or special engine mod haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Oh ok I thought you meant the vehicle kind. My
Friend has one ford fusion
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
Well I didn't know until now that a police interceptor is an entire engine I thought it might be a supercharger or special engine mod haha
No it's a package on the Taurus it's the Ecoboost or the regular 3.5 and now the 3.7-liter. The new interceptor is nice, they added new heavy duty suspension, wider rear doors. I think you have to work for a police dept to get one.

But you can get a Crown Vic interceptor pretty cheap! Those things are bomb proof!

The engine isn't much better than the regular just heavy duty alternator etc.. It sucked gas and money big time!
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 525
Re: Police interceptor

I heard that new taurus is pretty damn fast..the SHO..I wonder why they dont use the ecoboost on the v6 mustang,,
__________________
mymustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I heard that new taurus is pretty damn fast..the SHO..I wonder why they dont use the ecoboost on the v6 mustang,,
That's a good question, it would probably create too much competition for the V8, and drive the cost of a V6 up a little. It's a delicate balance. Although, we may see an EcoBoost 4 cylinder in the 2014 Mustang.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
pwrby4d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 1,020
Re: Police interceptor

Ya it is coming down the line. A friend of mine is well connected with Ford and Mazda and builds race engines etc. He said that he has seen a 3.7 punched out to a 4.0 ecoboost. It embarrasses the 5.0.. The 3.7 block has enough room to be have extra cooling jackets run through and be bored bigger safely. I bet they skip right over current ecoboost motors and put out a 4.0 ecoboost in the 2015 as an option and a N/A 4.0 as well.

He also said that they have a few 5.0 ecoboosts in cars that are testing now and have been working on a 2.0 ecoboost for the Mustang as well. It's no secret ecoboost is the future as articles pop up every few months talking about global platforms, lighter smaller cars and ecoboost.

2015-2020 should be exciting times for the automotive industry.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 130
Re: Police interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Ya it is coming down the line. A friend of mine is well connected with Ford and Mazda and builds race engines etc. He said that he has seen a 3.7 punched out to a 4.0 ecoboost. It embarrasses the 5.0.. The 3.7 block has enough room to be have extra cooling jackets run through and be bored bigger safely. I bet they skip right over current ecoboost motors and put out a 4.0 ecoboost in the 2015 as an option and a N/A 4.0 as well.

He also said that they have a few 5.0 ecoboosts in cars that are testing now and have been working on a 2.0 ecoboost for the Mustang as well. It's no secret ecoboost is the future as articles pop up every few months talking about global platforms, lighter smaller cars and ecoboost.

2015-2020 should be exciting times for the automotive industry.
Agreed, and have heard some of the same rumblings. I have a couple friends here in the Orlando area that are known for their Mustang builds (Jake Lamada at Lamada Performance, and Dennis Lugo of Lugo Performance), and there are more than a couple of boosted 3.7 cars around here turning in nasty timeslips. There is a single turbo 6 speed out of the Lamada stable posting 10.40 sec et's, with no bore, just beefier bottom components and better headwork. So yeah, I think an ecoboost 2.0 would be a cool 84svo throwback car!!
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by WtFDiesel

Agreed, and have heard some of the same rumblings. I have a couple friends here in the Orlando area that are known for their Mustang builds (Jake Lamada at Lamada Performance, and Dennis Lugo of Lugo Performance), and there are more than a couple of boosted 3.7 cars around here turning in nasty timeslips. There is a single turbo 6 speed out of the Lamada stable posting 10.40 sec et's, with no bore, just beefier bottom components and better headwork. So yeah, I think an ecoboost 2.0 would be a cool 84svo throwback car!!
EcoBoost is such a cool technology! I'll be honest I drove the F-150 EcoBoost and was pleasantly surprised. I was skeptical; I said, no way can a V6 in a heavy truck have power.


There is/was some lag between the turbo. I think with some manufacturing advancements, and aftermarket parts it has potential. It's only going to get better.

The new interceptor is having a rougher start than I thought. But I guess there always a few that feel a V8 can't be beat.

An EcoBoost 5.0 would be dangerously fun haha
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:45 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.