Police interceptor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Police interceptor

So I hear you can buy a police interceptor? Where can I get one?! And how much is it?!!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Re: Police interceptor

Which kind?

Are you talking about the new one that looks like the Taurus?
SR Performance Short Throw Shifter
Mezmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Well I didn't know until now that a police interceptor is an entire engine I thought it might be a supercharger or special engine mod haha
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Oh ok I thought you meant the vehicle kind. My
Friend has one ford fusion
Old 09-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP
Well I didn't know until now that a police interceptor is an entire engine I thought it might be a supercharger or special engine mod haha
No it's a package on the Taurus it's the Ecoboost or the regular 3.5 and now the 3.7-liter. The new interceptor is nice, they added new heavy duty suspension, wider rear doors. I think you have to work for a police dept to get one.

But you can get a Crown Vic interceptor pretty cheap! Those things are bomb proof!

The engine isn't much better than the regular just heavy duty alternator etc.. It sucked gas and money big time!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I heard that new taurus is pretty damn fast..the SHO..I wonder why they dont use the ecoboost on the v6 mustang,,
Old 09-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymustang
I heard that new taurus is pretty damn fast..the SHO..I wonder why they dont use the ecoboost on the v6 mustang,,
That's a good question, it would probably create too much competition for the V8, and drive the cost of a V6 up a little. It's a delicate balance. Although, we may see an EcoBoost 4 cylinder in the 2014 Mustang.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Ya it is coming down the line. A friend of mine is well connected with Ford and Mazda and builds race engines etc. He said that he has seen a 3.7 punched out to a 4.0 ecoboost. It embarrasses the 5.0.. The 3.7 block has enough room to be have extra cooling jackets run through and be bored bigger safely. I bet they skip right over current ecoboost motors and put out a 4.0 ecoboost in the 2015 as an option and a N/A 4.0 as well.

He also said that they have a few 5.0 ecoboosts in cars that are testing now and have been working on a 2.0 ecoboost for the Mustang as well. It's no secret ecoboost is the future as articles pop up every few months talking about global platforms, lighter smaller cars and ecoboost.

2015-2020 should be exciting times for the automotive industry.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrby4d View Post
Ya it is coming down the line. A friend of mine is well connected with Ford and Mazda and builds race engines etc. He said that he has seen a 3.7 punched out to a 4.0 ecoboost. It embarrasses the 5.0.. The 3.7 block has enough room to be have extra cooling jackets run through and be bored bigger safely. I bet they skip right over current ecoboost motors and put out a 4.0 ecoboost in the 2015 as an option and a N/A 4.0 as well.

He also said that they have a few 5.0 ecoboosts in cars that are testing now and have been working on a 2.0 ecoboost for the Mustang as well. It's no secret ecoboost is the future as articles pop up every few months talking about global platforms, lighter smaller cars and ecoboost.

2015-2020 should be exciting times for the automotive industry.
Agreed, and have heard some of the same rumblings. I have a couple friends here in the Orlando area that are known for their Mustang builds (Jake Lamada at Lamada Performance, and Dennis Lugo of Lugo Performance), and there are more than a couple of boosted 3.7 cars around here turning in nasty timeslips. There is a single turbo 6 speed out of the Lamada stable posting 10.40 sec et's, with no bore, just beefier bottom components and better headwork. So yeah, I think an ecoboost 2.0 would be a cool 84svo throwback car!!
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WtFDiesel

Agreed, and have heard some of the same rumblings. I have a couple friends here in the Orlando area that are known for their Mustang builds (Jake Lamada at Lamada Performance, and Dennis Lugo of Lugo Performance), and there are more than a couple of boosted 3.7 cars around here turning in nasty timeslips. There is a single turbo 6 speed out of the Lamada stable posting 10.40 sec et's, with no bore, just beefier bottom components and better headwork. So yeah, I think an ecoboost 2.0 would be a cool 84svo throwback car!!
EcoBoost is such a cool technology! I'll be honest I drove the F-150 EcoBoost and was pleasantly surprised. I was skeptical; I said, no way can a V6 in a heavy truck have power.

There is/was some lag between the turbo. I think with some manufacturing advancements, and aftermarket parts it has potential. It's only going to get better.

The new interceptor is having a rougher start than I thought. But I guess there always a few that feel a V8 can't be beat.

An EcoBoost 5.0 would be dangerously fun haha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang