Whats the point of souping up a v6? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
whats the point of modifying a Viper when you could buy a Space Shuttle?
Awesome.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
Its all about the man and stang relationship
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
This all reminds of a saying in racing: "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go"?

It's pretty hard to be the quickest car at every track on every visit.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
This all reminds of a saying in racing: "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go"?

It's pretty hard to be the quickest car at every track on every visit.
Not that 'hard'.. Just expensive as **** lol
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I am hella excited to mod my sixxer. Lookin at some flowmaster 40s to start, then a cai and some stripes, then a tune and a spoiler and maybe some interior work too.
Ryanjcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang240
I was just wondering, why do people soup up their v6 stang? I was planing on supercharging and souping up mine. But I can get a v8 stang and have even more power for cheaper. Like after a supercharger and other upgrades a v6 is about 400hp, a v8 is still more.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

And don't get me wrong, I love my v6 just wondering if it was worth it to make it even faster.
Correct me if I'm wrong but procharger claims adding there supercharger to the 11 plus V6 will bring the HP up to 475. That's not 400 HP. 475 HP is more than the 412 HP the 11 plus 5.0 has. Not to mention the look on the V-8 owners when they have no idea the V6 is supercharged and they get smoked. Ford did a great job on giving the 11 plus V6 huge potential for mods. Heck, just install 3:73 gears, Cai, sct bama tuner, and force II Flowmaster exhaust and I bet you will keep with a stock 5.0 that has 3.15 gears. Those mods I mentioned will run around 1500. The 5.0 is like 7 grand more than the V6.

In my opinion the weakest part of our 11 plus stangs are the stock gas saving 2.73 gears. That's why the older Gt's really beat us stock for stock. You just put 3.55 or 3.73 gears in our 11 plus stangs and its a whole different car.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanjcain
I am hella excited to mod my sixxer. Lookin at some flowmaster 40s to start, then a cai and some stripes, then a tune and a spoiler and maybe some interior work too.
Done all of those except for a tune yet and I love it. Exhaust is the best mod in my opinion
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary

Done all of those except for a tune yet and I love it. Exhaust is the best mod in my opinion
I hear gettin the tune is really good, feels new n such. You should get one soon man. Whats your exhaust?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanjcain

I hear gettin the tune is really good, feels new n such. You should get one soon man. Whats your exhaust?
Sct bama tuner is amazing for the V6 especially if one has a auto. Changes the shift points and its great. Love mine. Highly recommended the 91 performance tune.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Ah good thanks for the tip, mine is an auto. Learning to appreciate that, wanted a manual so bad but my area was dry of v6 stick shifters, but she's a mustang either way and I love her
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

Well said!
I sold my bike and got a Mustang. Think I'll be unique and not mod it !
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012

I sold my bike and got a Mustang. Think I'll be unique and not mod it !
If that's what you like bro go for it
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hi Midnight2012

Congratulations on your getting a Mustang.

I said the same thing:
Quote:
Think I'll be unique and not mod it !
First was the Mufflers ( I guess this was not a mod to me ) I just could not stand the stock no noise at all mufflers.

Then came the trunk cargo net. I hated stuff rolling around in my trunk when I went to the grocery store. ( A Necessity- Not a Mod)

Then I had to have the Mustang horse stickers to cover the ugly ridiculous yellow warning crap on the sun visors. ( not a mod -- they were needed to keep me from throwing up every time I looked at those ugly warning stickers)

Of course I needed the carpet dash cover to keep my dash from fading in the Florida sun as well as stop my dog Mario from scratching the dash with his toe nails. ( A necessity and not a mod)

The red caliper covers were really needed to keep the brake dust under control.

I had to put on the CDC deck panel cover because I always tried to put gas in the fake gas cap.

I did do two under the hood mod's by installing the boss 302 strut brace and K&N air filter. (I guess I just got Weak)

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
Congratulations on your getting a Mustang.

I said the same thing:

First was the Mufflers ( I guess this was not a mod to me ) I just could not stand the stock no noise at all mufflers.

Then came the trunk cargo net. I hated stuff rolling around in my trunk when I went to the grocery store. ( A Necessity- Not a Mod)

Then I had to have the Mustang horse stickers to cover the ugly ridiculous yellow warning crap on the sun visors. ( not a mod -- they were needed to keep me from throwing up every time I looked at those ugly warning stickers)

Of course I needed the carpet dash cover to keep my dash from fading in the Florida sun as well as stop my dog Mario from scratching the dash with his toe nails. ( A necessity and not a mod)

The red caliper covers were really needed to keep the brake dust under control.

I had to put on the CDC deck panel cover because I always tried to put gas in the fake gas cap.

I did do two under the hood mod's by installing the boss 302 strut brace and K&N air filter. (I guess I just got Weak)

Ronnie
I don't think your being unique enough!.. You need to "not mod" it some more!... Hahahahaha.
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner

I don't think your being unique enough!.. You need to "not mod" it some more!... Hahahahaha.
That's the kind of not modding I like hehehe
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

That's the kind of not modding I like hehehe
Modding is great. It's just too bad Ford has to be picky about things as simple as mufflers and drop im KnN Filters. And why oh why do they not have 12v accessory plugs under the dash. Why did they put the stereo line in plug in the arm rest compartment? And the latch button where you rest your arm? Theirs some mods the factory should do. And for goodness sake have my 12v accessories go off when I take out the key.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

Correct me if I'm wrong but procharger claims adding there supercharger to the 11 plus V6 will bring the HP up to 475. That's not 400 HP. 475 HP is more than the 412 HP the 11 plus 5.0 has. Not to mention the look on the V-8 owners when they have no idea the V6 is supercharged and they get smoked. Ford did a great job on giving the 11 plus V6 huge potential for mods. Heck, just install 3:73 gears, Cai, sct bama tuner, and force II Flowmaster exhaust and I bet you will keep with a stock 5.0 that has 3.15 gears. Those mods I mentioned will run around 1500. The 5.0 is like 7 grand more than the V6.

In my opinion the weakest part of our 11 plus stangs are the stock gas saving 2.73 gears. That's why the older Gt's really beat us stock for stock. You just put 3.55 or 3.73 gears in our 11 plus stangs and its a whole different car.
The 475 is at a 6 psi base setting at the crank
It's 400-425 at the wheels and 475 at the crank
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

The 475 is at a 6 psi base setting at the crank
It's 400-425 at the wheels and 475 at the crank
Well the pro charger I'm looking at has 8psi hehehehe
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Also remember the beat way to gt the most out of your boost is to keep it cool
Consider meth injection, or upgrade your radiator or something to that extent
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #56
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Midnight2012

They put the 12volt plug in the armrest because they knew I had one of these:

Look down and you will see my GPS in a cup that fits in the cupholder. It is called a GPS buddy. The only drewback to it being there is Mario knocks the GPS sideways when he gets out of his seat. Other then that it is a good place for the GPS. My Garmin talks to me and tells me where to turn so I hardly ever need to look at it anyway.

Ronnie
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #57
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Souping - The act of pouring 'soup' on or in a vehicle.

Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist!
Haha I was going to make a crack about it to, you beat me to it.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #58
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Look down and you will see my GPS in a cup that fits in the cupholder. It is called a GPS buddy. The only drewback to it being there is Mario knocks the GPS sideways when he gets out of his seat. Other then that it is a good place for the GPS. My Garmin talks to me and tells me where to turn so I hardly ever need to look at it anyway.

Ronnie
Ha! Mario! Good looking dog
Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
Are those leather seats? Hard to tell but your interior looks really sharp
Old 10-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie
AM put that pic on Facebook!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #61
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes, Leather seats

I don't use facebook anymore. I had a very bad experiance because of Facebook and found a way to get off of it.

No more Facebook here.

Ronnie
Old 10-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
is that some kind of id tag on his collar? i like it. where did you get it? i would love to get them for our dogs.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

oh ya.. full thread derailment in affect. lol. sorry.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #63
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

He is my service dog

The tag on Mario's collar is his identification as a service dog. It replaces the vest in extremely hot weather. It is a photo ID with his number on it.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I bought a gt ( still waiting for it , just placed the order) , idk a v6 never crossed my mind , i do know that v6s are quite fast this days, but its still a v6, and even tou its a great lookinb and FAST car it will be forgotten in a couple years , like when i see a previous gen mustang and it might look nice but then you realize its a six ur like bahhhhh , just saying , i was in this side of the line before , i had a turbo 2008 lancer , trying to catch evos, and i kept saying the same thing i heard here , it unique , watch that guys face when he sees a lancer catching up to his evo... And i sure did , running 12 psi on a 2.4 engine with higher compression than the evo , my car was a rocket , but a the end of the dayit was just a wanna be , now i cant wait for my car , im not even into racing no more (light to light), i just want to know that the power is there whenever s needed. Plus aftermaker mods always decrese the value of the car or you dont get what you pay for
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834
I bought a gt ( still waiting for it , just placed the order) , idk a v6 never crossed my mind , i do know that v6s are quite fast this days, but its still a v6, and even tou its a great lookinb and FAST car it will be forgotten in a couple years , like when i see a previous gen mustang and it might look nice but then you realize its a six ur like bahhhhh , just saying , i was in this side of the line before , i had a turbo 2008 lancer , trying to catch evos, and i kept saying the same thing i heard here , it unique , watch that guys face when he sees a lancer catching up to his evo... And i sure did , running 12 psi on a 2.4 engine with higher compression than the evo , my car was a rocket , but a the end of the dayit was just a wanna be , now i cant wait for my car , im not even into racing no more (light to light), i just want to know that the power is there whenever s needed. Plus aftermaker mods always decrese the value of the car or you dont get what you pay for
I don't think people care about the car decreasing value by modding it. People mod the car for themselves and there wants in there stang. Most people don't make money selling there pre owned car. Most make there car look the way they like it not and not worried about selling the car years down the road
Old 10-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No offense here but now you have a GT and you'll be chasing GT500's. There's always a faster car. And everyone has there reasons for getting what they get. Whether it's money or maybe the 305hp or 420hp is enough power for them. Just get what makes you happy. I love my 3.7. I've put quite a bit of money into it. It looks great, sounds great, handles great and is quick. I'd only upgrade to a 5.0 on the 2015 if it looks better then mine. 5.0 with IRS and a lighter body? Would love that!!! Definitely worth a trade. Me personally, I don't care about loads of power. I just want a well balanced car between power and handling. And the 2015 Mustang looks like it'll be perfect for me.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37 View Post
No offense here but now you have a GT and you'll be chasing GT500's. There's always a faster car. And everyone has there reasons for getting what they get. Whether it's money or maybe the 305hp or 420hp is enough power for them. Just get what makes you happy. I love my 3.7. I've put quite a bit of money into it. It looks great, sounds great, handles great and is quick. I'd only upgrade to a 5.0 on the 2015 if it looks better then mine. 5.0 with IRS and a lighter body? Would love that!!! Definitely worth a trade. Me personally, I don't care about loads of power. I just want a well balanced car between power and handling. And the 2015 Mustang looks like it'll be perfect for me.
None taken man , im just sharing that i was in that side of the fence , and im not chasing gt500 im staying NA , FI was the worst nightmare a gear head could have, unless its just a weekend car. I got the gt just cuz i want it to seat on the car turn it on and drive it , again i do know that sixxes are fast now a days, but if you ever get that 2015 GT you will most likely remember posts like this, just like i do , everytime another member from the forum said"just get an evo"
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

None taken man , im just sharing that i was in that side of the fence , and im not chasing gt500 im staying NA , FI was the worst nightmare a gear head could have, unless its just a weekend car. I got the gt just cuz i want it to seat on the car turn it on and drive it , again i do know that sixxes are fast now a days, but if you ever get that 2015 GT you will most likely remember posts like this, just like i do , everytime another member from the forum said"just get an evo"
I hear ya man. I didn't mean it literally about chasing GT500's but you get the point. No doubt I'd like the 5.0 more though. Just wasn't in my budget at the time and this is more then good enough for now. But I got a deployment coming up next year and when I get back the 2015 should be around the corner. And would be worth the trade for sure.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Also, big fan of evo's btw. Almost bought one but insurance was going to be double which I thought was ridicules!! Is this still the last year of the evo do you know? Last I heard they were scrapping it. Which was sad to hear.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
No one wants to get beat by somone on roller blades.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang
No one wants to get beat by somone on roller blades.
What?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang