Light tinting - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Light tinting

Hey guys , I ran into rustoleum lens tint spray. I used it today and will post pics later today. But here's a quick video . I would HIGHLY reccomend it!!

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I didn't know that Rustoleum had a lens tinting spray. Lets see some pics when you got time, I would like to see how they turned out! How was the install process? The one issue I have is how exactly do you get the two taillights perfectly equal?

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post
I didn't know that Rustoleum had a lens tinting spray. Lets see some pics when you got time, I would like to see how they turned out! How was the install process? The one issue I have is how exactly do you get the two taillights perfectly equal?
There's a few companies that are making that tinting spray now. I still do it old school myself, mix black (or whatever color) and clear until it's where I want it. The way to get it even is spraying the same coat or coats on both lights. If you're too dark wait until it dries 100% and wet sand it with 1500, then buff it back to a gloss, unless you want it flat. The more coats you put on, the darker it gets.
Grabber Blue "Betty" 2012 V6 Six Speed, 3.55, BBK cai/throttle body, longtubes, x-pipe, axle back w/oem tips, Lugo Performance Dynotune, Zex 100 dry. I need factory v6 foglight housings, and the stock 11/12 gt grill with the light housings.
WtFDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Wet sand it?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Wet sanding is sanding with a very fine grit sandpaper while the surface is wet. What I normally do is get 1500+ grit sandpaper and a spraybottle of water. Spray the surface with a liberal amount of water and then lightly sand the surface. All you're trying to do is smooth down the surface at this point. Then do what WtFDiesel said and buff it with a polishing compound and then a detailing compound. It brings if back to that smooth, shiny finish.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Yeah, this is on my to-do list.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Wet sanding is sanding with a very fine grit sandpaper while the surface is wet. What I normally do is get 1500+ grit sandpaper and a spraybottle of water. Spray the surface with a liberal amount of water and then lightly sand the surface. All you're trying to do is smooth down the surface at this point. Then do what WtFDiesel said and buff it with a polishing compound and then a detailing compound. It brings if back to that smooth, shiny finish.
Thank you, I am def going to do alittle touch up. I will get pics today. Honestly, a pretty good product.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to syas07
I would certainly like to see how this comes out. Very interested.
syas07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang