exhaust is arriving tomorrow! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
exhaust is arriving tomorrow!

It has been a while for putting mods on my stang, I just did the window tint, (20%), but its not that dark actually. And changing to HID headlight, 6000k, like it sooo much especially my car is white. haha

I CAN NOT WAIT MY MAGNAFLOW COMPETITION EXHAUST IS ARRIVING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

do you guys know how much is the installation fee for giving to a local shop to install? or do you guys have any good local shop in seattle area?
Rileychan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01 View Post
It has been a while for putting mods on my stang, I just did the window tint, (20%), but its not that dark actually. And changing to HID headlight, 6000k, like it sooo much especially my car is white. haha

do you guys know how much is the installation fee for giving to a local shop to install? or do you guys have any good local shop in seattle area?
Just do it your self i regret paying someone to do it. its so easy i paid 100 tho
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's an easy job. All you need is a 13mm socket with an extension to help you reach the bolts a little easier. I jacked up the rear a little for better access. I just installed mine three weeks ago an I took me a little over an hour start to finish.
aegischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I pay 90 an hour, but a good shop who knows how to do it can bang it out in half hour to 45 minutes. Of actual work.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
What you need if a 2012 or 2013

It seems the factory tack welded a spot on the stock mufflers that needs to be ground off to get the old muffler removed. It is easy, just use a drimmel tool to grind down the weld.

I used dish washing soap on the rods on the old mufflers to let them slide off much easier. Less sloppy then WD40.

Just jack up the rear and you can get to the working area but please use a jack stand so you do not turn yourself into a bloody pancake if the jack slips.

If you do go to a muffler shop please be sure you show them where to grind off the spot weld or else they will cut the pipe you will need to install your Magnaflows.

The Magnaflows will match up to the factory pipe and will use the same clamp that came off. If they cut that pipe you will have a leaky sloppy set of mufflers that will not be changed again easily. Watch them!!!

My Magnaflow streets fit as good as the Factory mufflers that came on my car with no tweeking or any problems at all.

I think you are going to love your Mustang even more now that it will sound like a Mustang and not a Toyota Prius.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I would do it yourself. It is very simple only took me about 45-50 minutes. Also if you don't have projector headlights I would not recommend having HIDs in a non projector housing. It will blind all other cars that share the road with you. It also scatters light everywhere which isnt good. You can get OEM projectors on eBay but they arent cheap.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The swap is really not that bad, even if you are not as handy as you think. (Or don't have the tools) A socket, rubber mallet and dish soap and you're all set. The hardest part about the swap is taking the OEM one's off. They're tack welded pretty good (Which I didn't know about) but a couple pounds with a rubber mallet and they came off for me. (Just be careful!) Also, watch it when they come loose, they have a pretty good weight to them.

Maybe get a buddy to two to help you if you don't feel confident about doing it alone. Just take your time, don't rush and everything will turn out great!

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Is it that easy? Lol okay let me try I hope I wont screw it up

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948
It seems the factory tack welded a spot on the stock mufflers that needs to be ground off to get the old muffler removed. It is easy, just use a drimmel tool to grind down the weld.

I used dish washing soap on the rods on the old mufflers to let them slide off much easier. Less sloppy then WD40.

Just jack up the rear and you can get to the working area but please use a jack stand so you do not turn yourself into a bloody pancake if the jack slips.

If you do go to a muffler shop please be sure you show them where to grind off the spot weld or else they will cut the pipe you will need to install your Magnaflows.

The Magnaflows will match up to the factory pipe and will use the same clamp that came off. If they cut that pipe you will have a leaky sloppy set of mufflers that will not be changed again easily. Watch them!!!

My Magnaflow streets fit as good as the Factory mufflers that came on my car with no tweeking or any problems at all.

I think you are going to love your Mustang even more now that it will sound like a Mustang and not a Toyota Prius.

Ronnie
Thanks so much Ronnie.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Easy out

Get a friend to help you.
Then

You will have somebody to blame when you mess it up !!

Ronnie

I'm sure you will be fine.
Don't forget to use the Jack Stands
Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get a friend to help you.
Then

You will have somebody to blame when you mess it up !!

Ronnie

I'm sure you will be fine.
Don't forget to use the Jack Stands
That's a very very good idea. I might get a new exhaust from him too lol lol lol
Old 10-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Ha ! Ha !

Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Bro do it yourself. Plus a shop will most likely chop your nubs out and weld in. Just gotta fight with a 20lb muffler for an hour then the other one is easy
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01

That's a very very good idea. I might get a new exhaust from him too lol lol lol
Post a video when you're done!!!! Let it idle for a minute then put it in drive and barely roll around!!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileychan01

Very nice!! I love my 20% much like Tom Cruze loved Katie Holmes, except I haven't given up loving it The HIDs are another great addition.

Can't wait to hear the magnaflows!! Its on my Christmas list.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Ronnie
That made me laugh
Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP

Post a video when you're done!!!! Let it idle for a minute then put it in drive and barely roll around!!
I will! It sounds soooooo nice! Kinda scary actually. I don't know my car can be that fierce lol. But down side is I hear drone when I stick with 1500rpm. HOW TO GET RID OF DRONES? It's kinda annoying.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Very nice!! I love my 20% much like Tom Cruze loved Katie Holmes, except I haven't given up loving it The HIDs are another great addition.

Can't wait to hear the magnaflows!! Its on my Christmas list.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

That made me laugh
Lol Tom Cruze and katie Holmes.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Hey rileychan the mustang shop in kent over there by the super mall is an excellent cheap place . A guy i know from auperior stangs forum works there hell look out for ya if u want me to give him the heads up, his name is matt
Old 10-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13savage6
Hey rileychan the mustang shop in kent over there by the super mall is an excellent cheap place . A guy i know from auperior stangs forum works there hell look out for ya if u want me to give him the heads up, his name is matt
Thanks the offer but I've already installed it. You live in Seattle area too?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah i live in tacoma but i work in renton. Just yesterday i had my wibach sportline springs panhard bar and cam bolts installed at tms for $220
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Easy- Just turn up the radio !!!

Just kidding,

I have heard that some of the drone will go away after you drive the car for a while due to some carbon building up in the exhaust. I don't know if that is true or not. Maybe someone on this forum that already has the Magnaflow Competitions will fill you in.

Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust