Daaaaamn! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Daaaaamn!

I just installed an airaod cai and tuner. I had heard about cai creating a cool sound, but never imagined it would be.so bada$$!!!! Sounds similar to turbo whistling. I have some flowmaster exhaust and thought it sounded good untill now. It sounds so agressive I even felt bad stepping on the pedal late at night. Gotta install to believe. Not the same as in video. Guess mics dont pick up the sound
Pstang5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Sweet. I got a roush axle back and I'm not too sure if I wanted the airaod cai since its a daily driver... Does it give your exhaust a deeper tone? Notice any mpg increases?
Dub9stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I will go this route CAI and exhaust etc it will be awesome!
AndreaCristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
welcome to the club
I love that whistling sound, but it's diminished by my flowmaster super 10 series mufflers.
can't hear a thing
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang
Sweet. I got a roush axle back and I'm not too sure if I wanted the airaod cai since its a daily driver... Does it give your exhaust a deeper tone? Notice any mpg increases?
Youll hear the roar from intake to exhaust. Strongly recomend. Mine is a DD aswell
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstang5

Youll hear the roar from intake to exhaust. Strongly recomend. Mine is a DD aswell
Just ordered it lol too bad I missed the 50$ rebate from airaid by a few weeks :/ did use a 10$ promo code tho!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub9stang

Just ordered it lol too bad I missed the 50$ rebate from airaid by a few weeks :/ did use a 10$ promo code tho!
Do 50 post amd they give.you6% off. I missed the rebate too
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

where did you get the coupon for the airaid?
Flashjmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I purchased my airaid cai around 2 months ago and took advantage of there 50.00 rebate. Its freaking awesome to hear that cai sucking in that air. It sounds like a Turbo winding up and whistling. It sounds freaking awesome. No idea if my HP or torque was increased but love the sound. A must have mod.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Now get a tuner and really have fun!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashjmg
where did you get the coupon for the airaid?
Americanmuacle.com promo code
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl
Now get a tuner and really have fun!
Agreed. I have a sct bama tuner. I'm running the 91 performance tune and its awesome.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I purchased my airaid cai around 2 months ago and took advantage of there 50.00 rebate. Its freaking awesome to hear that cai sucking in that air. It sounds like a Turbo winding up and whistling. It sounds freaking awesome. No idea if my HP or torque was increased but love the sound. A must have mod.
I just ordered the same two items! Can I get your opinion on how big of a difference the two made by the seat of the pants feel? Did you lose mpg during normal driving?
SALLUCCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALLUCCI

I just ordered the same two items! Can I get your opinion on how big of a difference the two made by the seat of the pants feel? Did you lose mpg during normal driving?
First, let me say congratulations to your order and trust me you will not be disappointed. You will love it. I have not lost any mpg's at all. All my driving with the car is highway and I'm getting around 30 miles to the gallon. the car is definitely more aggressive on its pick up, throttle response and throws you back more.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
First, let me say congratulations to your order and trust me you will not be disappointed. You will love it. I have not lost any mpg's at all. All my driving with the car is highway and I'm getting around 30 miles to the gallon. the car is definitely more aggressive on its pick up, throttle response and throws you back more.
Thanks for the fast response! You got Jacked up as my parts have arrived! Will be installing them this weekend! What program are you running and what rearend gear ratio are you running? I have the 2.73 hoping that the CAI and sct make a big difference to pull the taller gears!
SALLUCCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALLUCCI

Thanks for the fast response! You got Jacked up as my parts have arrived! Will be installing them this weekend! What program are you running and what rearend gear ratio are you running? I have the 2.73 hoping that the CAI and sct make a big difference to pull the taller gears!
I have installed and tried all 3 of my tunes. Based upon my application of driving and my needs my favorite tune is the 91 performance. Being that I do not take my vehicle to the track my race tune is not needed for my driving habits. I also have the stock 2.73 gears which are in no way shape good for a sweet performance ride like ours. I will be installing 3.73 gears in the future. Since I'm looking for the maximum power around the 3000 rpm range the 91 performance is the tune for that.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Yuup. I feel you bro. Thats the reason for this post. It sounds awesome. Better than i expected. Try the tuner too. It fades the whistle but will hear.like a beast specially with exhaust.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang