are loud pop noises coming from one tire in speedbumps normal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
are loud pop noises coming from one tire in speedbumps normal

Are loud pop noises from the suspension coming from one tire normal in a mustang when passing through speed bumps or squeeking in dips. Cause thats the bull**** they tell me at the dealership
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Iwould say that is not normal and would tell the dealership to fix or give a pretty good excuse why my stang sounds like thAt
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #3

Region: California
These are the Lower control arms that are making the noise, the majority of Mustangs have this issue but Ford has failed to do a recall I assume because of the cost, although I really like my car, this is a major issue that I've been dealing with for a while and most likely will stop me from buying another Mustang again.
apocalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They replaced the control arm but the opposite one from the one making noise -.- apperently my car is normal thats hownit sounds I asked why only one side and they said because its a mustang stigf suspension blah blah blah been dealing with this **** for a while pist off if they can't help me with a control arm wonder what happends if my mt82 goes out the damn synchro suck that even grinds the gears on purpose
Old 10-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

http://mustangforums.com/mustang-tsb...-8-1-2011.html

Best answer tsb
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeha but they replaced the one jot making noise and I went back now they saybits normal thats how my car is they are trying to not do and I called ford and they just got by the dealership so this is annoying so much for having pride on helping their customers :-\
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ive got to stop reading these forums. Now im having the same noises on right front while driving.
If i lift the hood and push the body up and down I get it on both sides. The wifes Flex is stiffer and silent.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ima try yet another dealership later this week its a damn bushing ford warranty sucks! -.- and their customer help
Old 10-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Mine stopped for now. Maybe it was my pushing up and down on the fenders that made it quit. The springs are noisy but I think thats just the nature of the horse. Seems they only creek if I push up and down or go over a speed bump. But the rattle is gone.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
They should of replaced both! My dealer did, why take a chance of the customer coming back with the same issue!? Thats just a bad dealership wherever you went, im lucky to have a dealer that strives on customer service and satisfaction! Complain to ford use/canada and find another dealer!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I called ford all they said was well the dealership says this blah blah so they must be right -.- ima try another dealership 3rd time the charm............
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1
I called ford all they said was well the dealership says this blah blah so they must be right -.- ima try another dealership 3rd time the charm............
On my 13 it was coming from the driver side. I took a tech out with me and within 5 mins he said driver side lower control arm. Manager came out to see me to let me know that he had to order the passenger side. I asked y they were changing the passenget side when the noise was only on the driver side, he said because 9 out 10 times the other side will start to become noisey and and we only want to inconvinance you once and for you not to have a reoccuring problem,customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I was pissed at ford when i had the problem with a 2 month old car, but after hearing that from my local ford dealer and how much they stood behind me and my car my faith was completely restored! Hats off to my local ford dealer! Im proof that there are great dealers out there that not just after your wallet, I hope you too will find one.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike

On my 13 it was coming from the driver side. I took a tech out with me and within 5 mins he said driver side lower control arm. Manager came out to see me to let me know that he had to order the passenger side. I asked y they were changing the passenget side when the noise was only on the driver side, he said because 9 out 10 times the other side will start to become noisey and and we only want to inconvinance you once and for you not to have a reoccuring problem,customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority. I was pissed at ford when i had the problem with a 2 month old car, but after hearing that from my local ford dealer and how much they stood behind me and my car my faith was completely restored! Hats off to my local ford dealer! Im proof that there are great dealers out there that not just after your wallet, I hope you too will find one.
I've had a good experience with my ford dealer also. I told the person what was wrong an in seconds already wrote down and planned for my control arms replaced. Both of them! ( and also fix my exhaust rattle) all under warranty. Even tho the exhaust kinda was my fault. Lol. But still I had awesome service and will be going to that dealer again in the future.

But I do feel bad about the dealer out there that don't do crap about this problem and don't wanna mess with it. It really grinds my gears. Grrrrr!!!!!
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Man I wished your dealerships would take ovrr my local ones -.- I also get damn grinding and gesr popping due to the synchronizes but I dont wanna deal with that until the bushing is replaced its been a headache
Old 10-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Man I wished your dealerships would take ovrr my local ones -.- I also get damn grinding and gesr popping due to the synchronizes but I dont wanna deal with that until the bushing is replaced its been a headache
Out of 3 that I've used 2 are good about it. But when I was under warranty one changed ownership for the better.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just thought I would throw this out here..... I had a similar problem with my front left shortly after I purchased my new 2012 V6. Sometimes I would hear a pop or a rattle noise when I went over speed bumps. The dealer pulled most of my front end apart trying to fix the issue with no luck... About a month later I hit the pot hole to china and blew out my front left tire. upon getting to the dealer to have the tire replaced I was told that the TPMS sensor on that wheel had been installed wrong. Since the new tire was mounted and my TPMS sensor replaced I have had no issues. I'm not to hip on how TPMS mounts to your wheel but this fixed my issue, thought it might be worth a shot for someone else who had tried everything else.

slow ride,take it easy
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012
Mine stopped for now. Maybe it was my pushing up and down on the fenders that made it quit. The springs are noisy but I think thats just the nature of the horse. Seems they only creek if I push up and down or go over a speed bump. But the rattle is gone.
Follow up. Wrong the noise was terrible. Dealer has ordered a lower controll ar kit for both sides based on TSB
Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I've run mine over a freaking huge curb not on purpose and it's never done that now we are a few years apart but that's not up to Ford quality. It should be built Ford Tough!

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

And the dealer knows that.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Follow up. Wrong the noise was terrible. Dealer has ordered a lower controll ar kit for both sides based on TSB
Sure enough it was TSB 12-8-24. Good as new

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...11-2013-a.html
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #20

oh man that sucks!...i guess it is not normal...maybe they are making excuses..T_T
redclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

They are trying to go around the problem and try to play as an idiot and that doesn't know anything because of my age. Truth be told I know more than most of their "techs". I also am concern about a tick that goes faster as rpms rise they also said its normal idk if its the injectors but it does come from one of the heads.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They are trying to go around the problem and try to play as an idiot and that doesn't know anything because of my age. Truth be told I know more than most of their "techs". I also am concern about a tick that goes faster as rpms rise they also said its normal idk if its the injectors but it does come from one of the heads.
I've read in other forums that it is normal. I have a 13 with 6000km on it and it doesn't tick. Do you hear it in a closed off area like a garage or in a tunnel? Or is it just on normal driving? What's the milage on it? When I heard people talking about it I check mine. It's in a garage so you can hear anything but no ticking. It seems to be very common but everyone says its normal. Imo I think its because of the four cams but I'm not a mechanic. Wouldn't worry to much about it.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike

I've read in other forums that it is normal. I have a 13 with 6000km on it and it doesn't tick. Do you hear it in a closed off area like a garage or in a tunnel? Or is it just on normal driving? What's the milage on it? When I heard people talking about it I check mine. It's in a garage so you can hear anything but no ticking. It seems to be very common but everyone says its normal. Imo I think its because of the four cams but I'm not a mechanic. Wouldn't worry to much about it.

Has 2500 miles on it and I hear it outside no closed areas or tunnels not so worried because idk about a 4 cam engine it could be normal but never know
Old 10-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13savage6
Iwould say that is not normal and would tell the dealership to fix or give a pretty good excuse why my stang sounds like thAt
+1

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Ive got to stop reading these forums. Now im having the same noises on right front while driving.
If i lift the hood and push the body up and down I get it on both sides. The wifes Flex is stiffer and silent.
Lol

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Sounds like defective shocks. Broken in, then Noriega down, to total fail. Perf shocks never turn to jalopy. How's cornering?
Old 10-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS97GT

+1

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Lol

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Sounds like defective shocks. Broken in, then Noriega down, to total fail. Perf shocks never turn to jalopy. How's cornering?
Look a few posts up. Its been fixed and I posted the TSB in case others have a problem
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 AM   #26
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Mine only started doing it after I lowered it. But I've got noise coming from the front and back.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

This is a common problem with these cars. The dealer has to fix it. Search for "clunk" and read some of the other posts on this.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang