2012 v6 exhaust. what do i get? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2012 v6 exhaust. what do i get?

i want to get a new exhaust but i dont want one that just sounds like a fart can, i always see alot about the ATAK but im not sure about it. are there any less mainstream exhausts that sound better? and could the sound be made better by having long tubes and an x-pipe?
howsit stangin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Borla S type
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yeah that seems to be one of the ones ive liked the most. will a cia and throttle body help the exhuast note too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsit stangin View Post
i want to get a new exhaust but i dont want one that just sounds like a fart can, i always see alot about the ATAK but im not sure about it. are there any less mainstream exhausts that sound better? and could the sound be made better by having long tubes and an x-pipe?
i have the borla atak and it sounds bad ***. and if you got the long tube borla headers and the x pipe without the cats. it will put must v8's to shame. its crazy loud with those 3. but expensive
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by howsit stangin
My setup is as followed, BBK Throttle body, BBK throttle body spacer, Airaid CAI, BBK LongTube Headers, High Flow Catted X-Pipe, 2011 5.0 resonators, Roush AxleBacks. All I can say is its super deep and loud. Much better then the guy with Borla headers and xpipe and mufflers. I can try and upload a video if you would like? Even though u won't get the full experience without hearing it in person.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Go with atak if you want one that sounds loud the entire time your in the car that's not for me
Old 10-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
yeah that seems to be one of the ones ive liked the most. will a cia and throttle body help the exhuast note too?
Yes a cai will make it sound even deeper/throatier. Not a throttle body though. I would not buy a throttle body because there are no gains from it. Maybe if you have FI then you may see little gains.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
What sound do you want?

If you want "LOUD" and can stand listening to your exhaust all of the time you need to get the Atak's or Magnaflow comp's. They both sound great but loud and obnoxious after a while when you have to listen to them all the time.

I'm not saying that they do not sound like actual music to some peoples ear's. I'm just saying they are loud enough to be heard nice and very clear inside of the car when your just cruising down the highway.

If you are just looking to have your Mustang sound like A Mustang and have A nice deep rumble the the Magnaflow Streets or Ford Racing Touring mufflers will work just fine. Both of these type mufflers really come alive when you floor the gas but have A nice sound when just cruising around town and on the highway.

There are at least ten post's on mufflers just in the past month or so on this forum. Read them and then decide what you would want for your Mustang.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Magnaflow Comps! A friend of mine has them on his, and it sounds like a V8!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
My setup is as followed, BBK Throttle body, BBK throttle body spacer, Airaid CAI, BBK LongTube Headers, High Flow Catted X-Pipe, 2011 5.0 resonators, Roush AxleBacks. All I can say is its super deep and loud. Much better then the guy with Borla headers and xpipe and mufflers. I can try and upload a video if you would like? Even though u won't get the full experience without hearing it in person.
that'd be great if you could do that it sounds like a mean setup
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the borla ATAK catbacks and it's pretty loud when you want it to be. it's not anywhere near too loud. when you're just driving and don't have the motor pushing more than 3k rpms, you can barely hear it. I'm going to get the borla headers and x-pipe hoping for a louder sound, I don't like having to make my car loud by pushing more rpms.

2012 V6
m_tyler_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos

Yea I wanna hear it. Cause that's the setup that I'm gonna do. I have roush axle backs for now and love it. But at higher rpms it's just rapping and pinging
moto113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto113

Yea I wanna hear it. Cause that's the setup that I'm gonna do. I have roush axle backs for now and love it. But at higher rpms it's just rapping and pinging
Alright ill get a video in here somehow today for sure, but please have the resonators from a 11+ 5.0 because without it, the exhaust is gna be RIDICULOUSLY LOUD AND RASPY!! The resonators take off the high pitch noise and rasp until you seriously put ur foot down to haul ***! Then all hell breaks lose!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
281CobraJet's channel - YouTube

The link has a few clips of my 6ixxer with magnaflow comps (muffler deletes) and also the Flowmaster Force II series on them. I went with something more street-able because I plan to go LT's and F/I eventually. The more you mod the louder it will get. In person it is much deeper than the video. Youtube is great for a general idea. Not really gonna give you the tone of standing there next to the car. My take on youtube clips is that it gives you a general flat tone of what the real deal will be.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6, exhaust